Dear $NFLX owners….

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
Probably is, that's why I haven't tried. But if you want to watch all the things

You either do that work, eat the cost of a bunch of streaming services, or just pirate things. There's a reason pirating is back on the rise.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Somewhat of a tangent here... but I can't understand how I can watch nothing but MSU sports on the ESPN app, but it still makes me scroll past 20 other games of softball, college hockey, southern vs tulane, etc. before I find the MSU baseball game. After years of collecting data on me, how can it not realize there is only one team I'm interested in watching? How can it not know to put anything MSU related at the top of my list?

And meanwhile I can search for a mattress on my iphone one time, and the next day I get mattress ads on SPS using my work computer.

One thing that may help with that is using the ESPN app on your phone and setting all of the Mississippi State teams as your favorites. After I did that, they generally pop those games up at the top of the screen.

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
I bought it on iTunes and watch it there. Got rid of Netflix when they hired the Obama administration goons.

got woke….going broke.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The only thing I’d add to this is that it’s infuriating as to how quick Netflix is to cancel something. Their average lifespan for shows released in the last 5 years has to be something like 1.5 seasons. For every show that last 5, it seems like there are twenty that get the axe after a single year.

I guess I’m one of the few that doesn’t think Netflix’s content sucks, but it gets harder and harder to even give a new series a try these days when you can pretty much bet that it’ll be the only season released

jxndawg

Dec 26, 2009
I feel the same way. Few years ago Netflix had all the good movies and TV shows and was a nice supplement to cable. Now to get all that content, I have Netflix, Hulu, Apple+ and Disney+ (young kids in the house). There's even a term for it: "subscription fatigue." At some point people will realize how much it's adding up to and start cutting the (streaming) cord on their cord-cutting services.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
The only thing I’d add to this is that it’s infuriating as to how quick Netflix is to cancel something. Their average lifespan for shows released in the last 5 years has to be something like 1.5 seasons. For every show that last 5, it seems like there are twenty that get the axe after a single year.

I guess I’m one of the few that doesn’t think Netflix’s content sucks, but it gets harder and harder to even give a new series a try these days when you can pretty much bet that it’ll be the only season released

That's a good point and I guess another reflection of their quantity over quantity approach. At first glance, it doesn't seem bad. You throw a bunch of stuff against the wall and then renew the ones that get traction. But when you think about what that does to people's willingness to invest in shows, it looks worse.

Only show I can think of that ended before I quit was Travelers. I think it was probably played out and it wasn't actually a bad way to end it.

Another problem they have that I don't think is related to cancellations is the time between seasons. I think there was a 20 some odd month delay between Stranger Things seasons before the pandemic. Now some delays are getting even longer with the pandemic. Just a lot of time for people to get disengaged.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I bought it on iTunes and watch it there. Got rid of Netflix when they hired the Obama administration goons.

got woke….going broke.

Netflix was probably going "broke" regardless. Their valuation never made sense based on their business model. THe argument for its valuation was basically Amazon's valuation didn't make sense either as an online book seller but that just like Bezos didn't stop at books, Hastings wouldn't just buy content and stream it. I'd say hiring the political actors is more a reflection of Hastings not being a Bezos than a cause of them underperforming.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Same. John Oliver, the occasional blockbuster classic, Sopranos. Gotta click past 4 pages of garbage to find any of it.
I thought “Chernobyl” is the only thing they’ve made past couple of years that’s exceptionally well done. I’ve watched it several times.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
One thing that may help with that is using the ESPN app on your phone and setting all of the Mississippi State teams as your favorites. After I did that, they generally pop those games up at the top of the screen.

I’ve set football & basketball as a favorite, and those show up when on. But unfortunately there’s no option to set all Mississippi state sports as a favorite, and no option for Mississippi state baseball. So I’ve got to search for baseball games and softball too I suppose, if I ever wanted to watch it.

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
I’ve set football & basketball as a favorite, and those show up when on. But unfortunately there’s no option to set all Mississippi state sports as a favorite, and no option for Mississippi state baseball. So I’ve got to search for baseball games and softball too I suppose, if I ever wanted to watch it.

same here ... never found the option for Baseball and I'm just glad to know now that it isn't my techno-limited self just not being able to figure it out

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
same here ... never found the option for Baseball and I'm just glad to know now that it isn't my techno-limited self just not being able to figure it out

Yall are right. I can set Football, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, and Women's Soccer, but not Baseball or Softball. Sorry, I have a list of MState icons at the top and thought one was baseball.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login