Decommit

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
So he make four this week all four and five stars? Looks like they went all in this season and have no NIL money left.

Reactions: Dawgg

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Recruiting seems to be more or less an auction these days. Put your bid in and see if the next guy outbids you. Should just do signing day like a cow sale, have all the coaches in the arena with their money guy and run the players through the ring for open bidding. Have the buses lined up outside to take your players straight to campus after it’s over.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Recruiting seems to be more or less an auction these days. Put your bid in and see if the next guy outbids you. Should just do signing day like a cow sale, have all the coaches in the arena with their money guy and run the players through the ring for open bidding. Have the buses lined up outside to take your players straight to campus after it’s over.
It's been going on for years but now it is out in the open for all to see. It is why Dan Mullen lost Cam Newton to Auburn. It is why we never got a Mississippi player that Alabama wanted and never will (except Simmons).

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
So he make four this week all four and five stars? Looks like they went all in this season and have no NIL money left.
I just don’t think Kiffin has the ability to grind in HS recruiting like other coaches do. He’s had an advantage in Mississippi because Leach was a part-time coach in the offseason and Arnett was clueless. Kiffin does well with the portal because it requires less time commitment from the head coach and he has a good track record of producing results.

Beyond just throwing cash at kids, HS recruiting requires a lot of “care and feeding.” I don’t think Kiffin is built for that. OM can put on a good show for recruits, but I don’t think they can do the daily grind that high level HS recruiting requires.

Reactions: GloryDawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I just don’t think Kiffin has the ability to grind in HS recruiting like other coaches do. He’s had an advantage in Mississippi because Leach was a part-time coach in the offseason and Arnett was clueless. Kiffin does well with the portal because it requires less time commitment from the head coach and he has a good track record of producing results.

Beyond just throwing cash at kids, HS recruiting requires a lot of “care and feeding.” I don’t think Kiffin is built for that. OM can put on a good show for recruits, but I don’t think they can do the daily grind that high level HS recruiting requires.
I think it was a couple of years ago that anonymous high school coaches story came out and when they talked about Kiffin they said it’s pretty obvious that he loathes high school recruiting.

Reactions: travis.sixpack

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I think it was a couple of years ago that anonymous high school coaches story came out and when they talked about Kiffin they said it’s pretty obvious that he loathes high school recruiting.
He is probably disappointed that when he goes to a HS, all the girls that he would normally flirt with are underage.