Deion Sanders next coaching stop

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Prime hasn’t even proven himself to be a good coach.

He has not. If not for his son being a good QB, his tenure at JSU is likely unremarkable. He didn't do anything interesting his first year at Colorado, picking up 4 wins, all against teams with losing records.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

Be_The_Change

Joined Nov 29, 2020 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 24, 2022
Ray would never hire a **** storm creating coach like him. He would bring some advantages but I hate it every time his mouth flies open personally

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Reactions: Rogue Cock

SC95

Joined Mar 31, 2008
Jan 31, 2022
Given the talent he had at JSU, he should have won at least one Black National Championship (Celebration Bowl). He lost to SC State and NC Central.

Sleepyhead

Jul 23, 2023
You guys are crazy. He brought a 5 star and one of the best players in the country to Jackson State. Kids want to play for him. He is a winner. I like Beamer and everything but I would can him in a heartbeat and pay Sanders big money to get him here. This would be a bigger hire than Spurrier imo. I think everyone needs to push hard for this.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
You guys are crazy. He brought a 5 star and one of the best players in the country to Jackson State. Kids want to play for him. He is a winner. I like Beamer and everything but I would can him in a heartbeat and pay Sanders big money to get him here. This would be a bigger hire than Spurrier imo. I think everyone needs to push hard for this.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Let's see if he can put together back-to-back winning seasons at an FBS school first. Heck, let's see if he can have a single winning season at an FBS school first.

Reactions: Lurker123

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Let's see if he can put together back-to-back winning seasons at an FBS school first. Heck, let's see if he can have a single winning season at an FBS school first.
Well a winning season won't happen this year, not due to any deficiencies on Deon's part, but the CU job was/is going to be a big rebuild.
The team he inherited had won only 1 game the year previously.
Winning 5 games this year would be considered a major step forward.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Well a winning season won't happen this year, not due to any deficiencies on Deon's part, but the CU job was/is going to be a big rebuild.
Prime definitely isn’t a Holtz.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
No doubt, but we're talking about next-step jobs. It doesn't matter how far a 4 or 5-win season may have exceeded everyone's expectations, you have to prove you can do better than that before somebody hands you the keys to a next-step program - or at least you should.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
No thanks…..you will see. The way he treats players, the word will spread fast and he will crash and burn. Kids nowadays with NIL available don’t give a 🐀 a$$ about Sanders .

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
FWIW, Finebaum also just announced he thinks Deion is a perfect fit at the other USC...SoCal. Speaking of a coach who has coached his way to a 4-8 FBS coaching record he said "you put Prime in Tinseltown and I think you have one of the great combinations in history." Why exactly? He doesn't say.

This is all crazy to me. Deion has yet to prove anything as a head coach.
"Other" USC? There's only one, and it's in Columbia.

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
Does he have any more kids who can play QB at a high level? I heard that helps, :)

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
And now Barry Switzer has chimed in on where he thinks Deion's coaching future will lead him.

This is an awful lot of speculation about the future of a coach who will be 57 before this season starts and sports a 4-8 FBS record.

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jan 28, 2022
As preposterous as the consideration that D. Sanders might be the HC for the South Carolina football program due to his inexperience and the overall totality of not being ready to be an SEC HC in any way possible.....the only thing worse is hiring a guy with no HC or Coordinator experience and throwing him into an SEC head football coaching job.

Cocky Jeff

Joined Jan 30, 2003
Jan 22, 2022
You’re nuts. Bigger than Spurrier?????

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jan 28, 2022
I sense your youth. He is no doubt one of the top 2 corners of all time, but he also got drafted and played for ATL for a long time....and he was no winner there. He had to sign with the two top teams of the era to become a winner on the field. His "albums" speak for themselves too. I'm not a hater...I consider him to be the best athlete of my lifetime.
He isn't a winner on the field as a HC either. Only at Jax State where he brought in legit D1 guys to beat up on inferior players has he has success on the field. So that's basically legit winning 2 years ('21 and '22) out of his 10 as a "Head Coach" at HS and College.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
I sense your youth. He is no doubt one of the top 2 corners of all time, but he also got drafted and played for ATL for a long time....and he was no winner there. He had to sign with the two top teams of the era to become a winner on the field. His "albums" speak for themselves too. I'm not a hater...I consider him to be the best athlete of my lifetime.
He isn't a winner on the field as a HC either. Only at Jax State where he brought in legit D1 guys to beat up on inferior players has he has success on the field. So that's basically legit winning 2 years ('21 and '22) out of his 10 as a "Head Coach" at HS and College.
He's a better athlete than Bo Jackson?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

Sleepyhead

Jul 23, 2023
Look I’m 33 and have followed the gamecocks since childhood. No need for low key insults. I have watched the bad and the ugly over the years. College football is a business and Sanders would recruit out of this world at a place like this. There is a whole staff of coaches and the idea of have a “personality” as a head coach is plausible.

Sleepyhead

Jul 23, 2023
1 player does not establish a pattern. That was a novelty.
First of all, who the hell gets the number one player in the country to commit to Jackson State. Most common people have never even heard of Jackson State or know where it is.IMG_1719.pngIMG_1720.pngIMG_1721.pngIMG_1722.png

Attachments

• IMG_1722.png
    IMG_1722.png
    829.1 KB · Views: 0

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
First of all, who the hell gets the number one player in the country to commit to Jackson State. Most common people have never even heard of Jackson State or know where it is.View attachment 619592View attachment 619593View attachment 619594View attachment 619595

Yes, he has picked up a couple high profile players and leaned extremely heavily on the transfer portal. Two of the top ones: McClain and Edwards transferred out of CU, to UF and K-State, respectively. Not sure if you want to include them.

What he's done at CU in recruiting at CU up to this point is 100% based on his name. Another losing season or two and he won't have success recruiting on name alone.

Latest posts