Did anyone else hate the end of that Super Bowl like I did?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
If you're not some rabid fan for one team or another, you want to be entertained.

The NFL hasn't really been a sport for 25 years now. It's about protecting a brand and audience entertainment.

I was not entertained.

...after the call anyway. Before that call, it was one of the better Super Bowls, I've seen. And I'm old enough to have seen all 57 of them.
I loved the Wrestling interview at the end too!

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

fevans

Aug 27, 2012
This 'let them play at the end' stuff is garbage. I don't want to see the fouls that kind of thing produces at the end of a game. The game should be called the same way from beginning to end. Then there's no discussion about why a foul was or wasn't called at the end of the game. The foul was called because it's a foul.

Was the end a little bit of a let-down? Of course, but that's okay. The rest of the game was fantastic.

Reactions: FQDawg

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Lots of strategy at the end by both teams. At the time I said I bet a lot of people watching casually in other Countries are having a hard time figuring out what and why during the last 90 seconds.

Reactions: patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It was a poorly officiated game both ways.

The Goedert sideline catch where he never had control with both feet in bounds was an obvious overturn that somehow was upheld.

The Chiefs second fumble return TD that was overturned was bang-bang and there was nothing supporting an overturn, yet it happened. Receiver clearly had possessed and tucked the ball and was positioned to move up field at the moment of the hit. The Eagles were false starting on the right side of the OL before every other passing down….never called.

Both teams and all the fans deserved better officiating than the NFL delivered last night.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I get what your former boss is saying but I hate this argument. I'd rather them call it every time they see it so that teams start to adjust and, you know, stop actually holding.
Not gonna argue too much with your take as it has merit and without a doubt one of the more controversial calls in Sports.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
overtime would have made it more fun to watch yes. you pull a jersey in the open field on a sure touch down as well as have a hand around his waist, it is the call, unless you really are an entertainment event and you let it go to go into overtime. mahommes threw it after seeing the pull, just as any good qb would do

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I wonder if maybe the Eagles shouldn't have let the Chiefs score 21 points before that drive. Maybe the Eagles should have scored more than 3 - 3rd qtr or 8 - 4th qtr points then it might not have mattered that they called that one penalty at that moment?

Maybe... someone should have pointed out that they have MIGHT been so inconsistent in many NFL games in the way they call those kind of penalties that should not be called because they always happen every play anyway

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
nfc championship nfl GIF

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Many on here should watch scripted reality TV and Pro Wrestling. Traitors on Peacock would be a great show for y'all that want refs and umpires to decide when to call or not call obvious penalties so you get a good show!

Nevermind there are millions or maybe billions of dollars on the line. You are asking the officials to fix games, as long as you are entertained.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login