Did anyone else notice the line judge in the first half of the Auburn game?

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
When we had the ball he moved the ball back 1 yard every time he was allowed to spot it. I noticed after the 1st quarter the other officials were not letting him spot the ball anymore.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
A time or two I questioned the spot

and often watched close, wanting to keep up with down and distance.

I thought we were shorted a few times.

Aug 22, 2012
When we had the ball he moved the ball back 1 yard every time he was allowed to spot it. I noticed after the 1st quarter the other officials were not letting him spot the ball anymore.

This is the kind of thing that I want to believe, but at the same time, without evidence it just sounds like Auburn-level lunacy.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Is he the one who quickly rushed in and called the opening kickoff dead when it was clearly a fumble we recovered?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Especially when it comes to Auburn….

I honestly wonder sometimes how much money, if any, in used to bribe refs.

Those guys can’t win anything without cheating heavily.

They don’t quite have the little brother syndrome of Aggy, but it’s damn close.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
This is the kind of thing that I want to believe, but at the same time, without evidence it just sounds like Auburn-level lunacy.

I have watched it twice because I though after the first time I was wrong about where the ball should be spotted. The second time I watched it (on the ESPN on Demand) I was right. He was moving the ball back a yard each time he marked the ball down all in the first quarter. If you don't believe me go watch it for yourself!

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
They were not stopping the game clock in the first half a couple of times when we got first downs and then late in the game when Auburn got a first down, they stopped the game clock until Auburn snapped the ball.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
That was BS too. What is it with refs blowing the ball dead on fumbles at Auburn? Montez Sweat had an obvious scoop and score against Auburn a few years ago and refs blew it dead and called it incomplete.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login