Did someone say garbage offense??

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I was going to post this, but searched the forum and noticed the Bozo bit had already been flipped on Randy the Plumber

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He’s not one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC and people need to start accepting this fact
He's not as terrible as folks say, either.

My opinion, let's go wide open Air Raid with 4 WRs for the next 3-4 games. If we can't get any traction through Western Michigan and the off week, be ready to make the change to Mike Wright and the future Barbay offense at Arkansas.

patdog

May 28, 2007

My opinion, let's go wide open Air Raid with 4 WRs for the next 3-4 games. If we can't get any traction through Western Michigan and the off week, be ready to make the change to Mike Wright and the future Barbay offense at Arkansas.
Don't completely disagree. But I'd rather just roll with Mike Wright as the starter and maybe Parson as the backup this Saturday and see how that goes.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
He’s not one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC and people need to start accepting this fact
Has anyone claimed he was? Or have people just noticed that we won more games than we lost the last two years, he's good enough to win games and he's set a number or records at State. I know, yards after catch and short passes and all so we should really subtract a few wins from last year cause those were a lot of short passes. He's a returning starter whose passing ability presented challenges for a lot teams, just not the elite ones. Considering who we had coming back, that should have taught the coaching staff something about the type of offense we needed to run. Otherwise, they're taking a 3 year starter who threw for a ton of yards and they're turning him into someone who doesn't look like he knows how to play QB because the offensive scheme doesn't suit his ability. Maybe that will change against S.C. Or maybe we just have to go with Wright cause the offense ain't changing to what it was last year. Get your season tix and contribute to the NIL. We're rebuilding so accept the losses and hope for a better next year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Get your season tix and contribute to the NIL. We're rebuilding so accept the losses and hope for a better next year.
I admire your passion for the cause. This time, though, with Leach's passing, I'm about to the point of thinking the dead injuns are actually real. It's like how many bad decisions can one football program make? A part of me says we are just a basketball and baseball school.

Sometimes I think we have intentionally tried to tank our football program since the 2017 Alabama game. I just can't handle the incompetence anymore.

Sep 4, 2012
Has anyone claimed he was? Or have people just noticed that we won more games than we lost the last two years, he's good enough to win games and he's set a number or records at State. I know, yards after catch and short passes and all so we should really subtract a few wins from last year cause those were a lot of short passes. He's a returning starter whose passing ability presented challenges for a lot teams, just not the elite ones. Considering who we had coming back, that should have taught the coaching staff something about the type of offense we needed to run. Otherwise, they're taking a 3 year starter who threw for a ton of yards and they're turning him into someone who doesn't look like he knows how to play QB because the offensive scheme doesn't suit his ability. Maybe that will change against S.C. Or maybe we just have to go with Wright cause the offense ain't changing to what it was last year. Get your season tix and contribute to the NIL. We're rebuilding so accept the losses and hope for a better next year.
The dude in the video did

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Someone tell this man about the history of MSU football, and that he should consider becoming a Bama fan; he’d fit right in

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008

That is a terrible idea. I hope you’re joking.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
The part of this that really makes me mad is that when barbey came here he said his offensive strategy was to mold his offense around the skill set of his players.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
Me too but Arnett won't do it. Hell...he won't even let Wright run a complete series long after the game has been decided.

I am still a fan of Will but if you are going to run Wright out there, He HAS to be there for more and one or two plays and he DAMN SURE has to to do more to than hand the ball off EVERY TIME. The way that they are using Wright is even dumber than using Will in a rpo play.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That is a terrible idea. I hope you’re joking.
Nope, dead serious, but I also have no interest in rehashing this with you or anybody else. Half the fanbase wants to toss Will and run the Barbay offense with Wright, the other half thinks we should have continued the Air Raid. They are both a losing proposition. The one thing we all can agree on is that Arnett is going to be fired, either this year or next.

But let me back up....if you do NOT agree that Arnett will eventually be fired, that means you actually think we will improve if we play Wright. I think there actually may be a few of you out there (like Rosebowl), and THAT is the real joke. Again I say, bad coaching is bad coaching.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The part of this that really makes me mad is that when barbey came here he said his offensive strategy was to mold his offense around the skill set of his players.
Danny is the only coach who really did that, since the Kang Era. And people try and say he's a 'system' coach - he's not, in any way, outside of the fact that he likes to run the QB.

Offensively, Croom/Moorhead/Leach/Barbay are all 'system' coaches. Leach is the only successful one, obviously. And Croom wanted to be one, although he never understood that he would have functioned better as a CEO/recruiter type. See, that's the hallmark of a bad coach - they don't even know their own strengths. That's what's happening with Arnett right now, as a DC, he was a good fundamental coach, as a head coach he's trying to be a micromanaging CEO/recruiter type and it's going to get him fired.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
So basically we should be running the wildcat with Wright and only throw 3 plays per game.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Screen left screen right. Marks draw off tackle. Crossing patterns. That's the napkin

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The blocking by Kameron Jones on the third down play was about the worst I’ve seen. LSU guy bumped into him, he goes flying backwards three yards and LSU guy gets the sack. Idk what Will Friend is coaching, but it’s gotta be better than that.
Our blocking has been bad all 3 games. I got ridiculed for calling it out in the first game. Friend was head scratcher. At that we have 2 ol line coaches. Maybe they are coach 2 different things

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I admire your passion for the cause. This time, though, with Leach's passing, I'm about to the point of thinking the dead injuns are actually real. It's like how many bad decisions can one football program make? A part of me says we are just a basketball and baseball school.

Sometimes I think we have intentionally tried to tank our football program since the 2017 Alabama game. I just can't handle the incompetence anymore.
Just ask keenum and bracky. They got this

Reactions: blitz2Win

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The whole point of this is to win 17n football games. Obviously they are not gonna do what won 9 games last year and has won a lot more than we lost for the last few years. If they won't do that then they need to figure out how to win games and not look like ECCC out there. If that takes benching Will then let's get on with it. Bashing Will constantly is stupid. He is not suited to run this offense and surely the coaches can see that. At the same time it looks a lot like our OL is not suited for it either. Then again I guess none of our DB or DL are suited for it. How in the world did these guys win 9 last year ?? That is what I would ask Arnett if I could go to the Monday presser.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Don't completely disagree. But I'd rather just roll with Mike Wright as the starter and maybe Parson as the backup this Saturday and see how that goes.

Why? The WR coach stated in an interview that the issue is that WRs have optional routes based off the coverage. That means everybody has to read the same coverage and react to it.

Mike Wright won't change the fact that WRs are not in the right spot. Wright is not going to change a OT True freshman's ability to block. It's not going to change Pittman not seeing the player he is suppose to block.

Our only hope is to either dumb it down to the WRs not having the optional routes or return to the passing scheme that works and keep the current run game.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I am still a fan of Will but if you are going to run Wright out there, He HAS to be there for more and one or two plays and he DAMN SURE has to to do more to than hand the ball off EVERY TIME. The way that they are using Wright is even dumber than using Will in a rpo play.
He's trying to run some FCS stuff that will not work in the SEC. Running Wright in there changes no defense.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

This dude agrees:

He sounded like me during the game. You can't be a great QB behind that OL. Y'all have unrealistic expectations of a QB. The second down pass should have been caught even with the rush. 3rd down everyone was covered.

On the flip side Daniels was able to take his time and pick us apart because our DL was just as weak as the OL.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He's trying to run some FCS stuff that will not work in the SEC. Running Wright in there changes no defense.
Yes and no. Wright makes the defense have to think. If wright passes enough. Weight now the way we are doing our offense, both qbs are one dimensional. I saw a little evidence with wright near the goal line where his legs forced the defender to make a decision. The defender came up leaving our guy wide open. And Mike hit the 4 yard pass. Which is what we were asking will to do hit 4 yard passes. That ability to rpo with wright even just a little bit changes a defense. I use to play mike and will linebacker. A qb like that that doesn't sit is a nightmare for linebackers. Just like the last two hurt jett and bookie. Guys like will were easy. Everything is in front of you. Supply blitz and he's not going anywhere. And you aren't worried about getting beat deep over the middle so you can sit and keep everything in front of you.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Yes and no. Wright makes the defense have to think. If wright passes enough. Weight now the way we are doing our offense, both qbs are one dimensional. I saw a little evidence with wright near the goal line where his legs forced the defender to make a decision. The defender came up leaving our guy wide open. And Mike hit the 4 yard pass. Which is what we were asking will to do hit 4 yard passes. That ability to rpo with wright even just a little bit changes a defense. I use to play mike and will linebacker. A qb like that that doesn't sit is a nightmare for linebackers. Just like the last two hurt jett and bookie. Guys like will were easy. Everything is in front of you. Supply blitz and he's not going anywhere. And you aren't worried about getting beat deep over the middle so you can sit and keep everything in front of you.
That was LSU's freshmen. Wyatt points that out in his video where he states that 70 plus yards of offense that we got was after the freshmen came in. They unloaded their bench.

And no it won;t have anybody making massive changes on defense.

Remember, the QB coach is Barbay. He sees them both.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"let's go wide open Air Raid with 4 WRs for the next 3-4 games"

You've thrown a good amount of shat up against the wall over the years and hoped it stuck, but, who do you see installing that offense in the next few days partner?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That was LSU's freshmen. Wyatt points that out in his video where he states that 70 plus yards of offense that we got was after the freshmen came in. They unloaded their bench.

And no it won;t have anybody making massive changes on defense.

Remember, the QB coach is Barbay. He sees them both.
Well what is it does Barbay know what he is doing or not? If he knows what he doing with qbs maybe he knows what he doing with the offense. Can't have it both ways.

and yes we did get yards in garbage time but wright also go very few series of snaps to gather in the game. You just don't understand football if you don't understand how a mobile qb changes a defense. Did you watch them play Florida state?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You've thrown a good amount of shat up against the wall over the years and hoped it stuck, but, who do you see installing that offense in the next few days partner?
To truly answer your question - nobody. That's why I know we are likely going to suck the rest of the year.

But surely Barbay knows how to spread the field and throw it around quickly. Even Woody McCorvey came up with one good game plan for Omarr. Moorhead came up with a few for Nicky Fitz too.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
No way this guy is really a State fan. You can’t be that passionate about MSU sports and have made it to his age….

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Will going to call his own plays

(seriously though... if he goes into coaching I do see him being sort of like a last Jedi of the air raid, last one personally coached by the master)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login