Didn't see it mentioned

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Sounds and looks pretty good for 76. We can all only hope for the same in the "near" future.

While we are on Fleetwood Mac, one of the first "cool albums" I bought when I got to State in 1974 was Mystery to Me primarily for For Your Love and then ran across this. If I had to pick just one song that brought me instantly back to those days, this would be it. Obviously there are a bunch over 4 years but something about this one as a freshman that set the stage of transitioning from living as a child with my parents to out on my own.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I was more of a fan of Fleetwood Mac as a whole, then Stevie Nicks. She was very talented and very good but not very good in person. Still doesn't take away from her songs like Gold Dust Woman. I think she had been deep in the gold dust, and I saw her at Mississippi State. Live is great, but they were masters of producing good music.

Reactions: dorndawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I was more of a fan of Fleetwood Mac as a whole, then Stevie Nicks. She was very talented and very good but not very good in person. Still doesn't take away from her songs like Gold Dust Woman. I think she had been deep in the gold dust, and I saw her at Mississippi State. Live is great, but they were masters of producing good music.

Silver Spring and Dreams my favorite songs she sings with Fleetwood Mac especially the “Take 2” version of Dreams.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Back in the day, I loved Stevie Nicks and this song in particular.

However, I'm not big on people at an advanced age performing live music like they used to be able to do years ago.

There's are reasons why I don't play basketball and flag football anymore (i.e., I'm 57 years old, and I've lost a step or two).

I fully support people making their own decisions and doing whatever it is they want to do (within reason). Still . . . I wonder why Stevie would want to perform at 76 years old?

Of course, lots of people in the music industry are this way. Just can't hang it up . . . they need it.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023

However, I'm not big on people at an advanced age performing live music like they used to be able to do years ago.

There's are reasons why I don't play basketball and flag football anymore (i.e., I'm 57 years old, and I've lost a step or two).

I fully support people making their own decisions and doing whatever it is they want to do (within reason). Still . . . I wonder why Stevie would want to perform at 76 years old?

Of course, lots of people in the music industry are this way. Just can't hang it up . . . they need it.
Horrendous take—my god. As if there is no difference between the arts and athletics, as if watching Kareem Abdul-Jabbar play basketball at 77 is the same as watching The Stones perform at 77.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007

I think it depends on the artist. We saw Jeff Lynne's ELO last week and he sounded great. He may not be able to get around very well but nothing wrong with his voice. Glad we got in on his last tour.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015

Dude, lay this sword down.

Some of the best moments in music are great artists laying all on the line late in the game. Toby Kieth’s last performance was soul-inspiring.
Willie and Ray Charles singing Sevem Spanish Angels
Eagles performing great for 50 17in years
The Stones are still killing it
Johnny Cash let it all out at the end
Dwight Yokam is in Bham this week, prolly gonna go

To use your analogy,

Imagine Elway never wining a SB
Or George Foreman not defending a Heavyweight belt
Or Tyson not fighting now
Or Wade Boggs not eating that last chicken
Or Cal Ripken setting a record that will never be broken
Or Bo Jackson not hitting a home run 1st bat back from surgery

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Just watched it, that was turrible. I don't know an octave from a octopus but have been listening to her since the 80s and that version of that song was not good, at all

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Horrendous take—my god. As if there is no difference between the arts and athletics, as if watching Kareem Abdul-Jabbar play basketball at 77 is the same as watching The Stones perform at 77.
Certainly, I agree with your point that a 76-year old Stevie Nicks can sing better than a 76-year old Kareem can play basketball.

The point I was trying to make is the 26-year old Stevie Nicks (or, 36, 46, etc) was a much better performer than the 76-year old Stevie Nicks . . . and, at some age, Stevie Nicks might be too old to perform at a level that won't tarnish her musical reputation.

Or, should Stevie still perform at 96-years old (if she makes it to 96 and wants to keep singing)?

In my opinion, at some point in time, Stevie Nicks performing "Seventeen" would just become absurd. Of couse, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Dude, lay this sword down.

Some of the best moments in music are great artists laying all on the line late in the game. Toby Kieth’s last performance was soul-inspiring.
Willie and Ray Charles singing Sevem Spanish Angels
Eagles performing great for 50 17in years
The Stones are still killing it
Johnny Cash let it all out at the end
Dwight Yokam is in Bham this week, prolly gonna go

To use your analogy,

Imagine Elway never wining a SB
Or George Foreman not defending a Heavyweight belt
Or Tyson not fighting now
Or Wade Boggs not eating that last chicken
Or Cal Ripken setting a record that will never be broken
Or Bo Jackson not hitting a home run 1st bat back from surgery
Right.

Certainly, I'm not big into music like some of you guys, so I should probably keep my comments on this topic to myself.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Certain acts I would love to have seen, even later in life. Quite a few have never relied on being a whirling dervish on stage. Most of my wants are gone though or price their tix so high I have moved them off.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Right.

Certainly, I'm not big into music like some of you guys, so I should probably keep my comments on this topic to myself.
Nah man lay it out there
SPS opinions are like fat rolls
Everybody got a few dozen that gets us roasted when flouted in public.

To me, your post came off saying unless someone is in their absolute prime, they shouldn’t even try. I find inspiration in never quitting; not letting Father Time rob us of special abilities and talents, even though those talents dull with age.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login