Dillon Johnson

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Already tweeting this morning about how they had “different opinions”. Talking about how they had “disagreements”. Talking about how they didn’t “see eye to eye”. GEEZ guys, Is there any way we can get this man to shut his mouth? If I was another coach, I wouldn’t touch him with a 10ft pole.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Already tweeting this morning about how they had “different opinions”. Talking about how they had “disagreements”. Talking about how they didn’t “see eye to eye”. GEEZ guys, Is there any way we can get this man to shut his mouth? If I was another coach, I wouldn’t touch him with a 10ft pole.
What is your problem, one of the most important persons in his life passed away unexpectedly. That's a lot to process for anyone, especially a 20 year old. I have no problem with it.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. The tone of his message is that any disagreements they may have had are water under the bridge and he loves his former coach. People process grief differently and Dillon Johnson is a college football player and not a PR professional. I think you are looking for a reason to be upset with a former player.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Delete it if you want to, but there’s no way to delete all the headlines posted 48hrs before his death that all say “dillon takes parting jab at Leach”

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I see nothing wrong with it. Why take offense? That's what happened and few of us live our lives expecting the person we disagree with to pass away so quickly. And we often sympathize with and express sincere condolences after someone we simply disagree with passes away too soon. We're human.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Nothing wrong with what he said, and he probably felt the need to clarify because of how his last announcement went.

He got a lot of hate for it (understandably), and got even more when Coach went to the hospital- had some terrible comments sent his way, which is not understandable. People telling him he may have caused the distress, etc.

At the end of the day- it’s a kid wanting to play in a system that he feels gives him the best chance to go pro (whether we feel like that is attainable or not). He got mad and made a poor decision to publicize it. It does not mean he hated Coach or wished him ill, which is what he wants people to know. I’m sure he feels awful about how they left things.

tribaldawg

Sep 1, 2012
You are as soft as a bag of unopened marshmallows.

Nov 25, 2019
he's a kid that looks like he has a kid. i wish him the best.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Already tweeting this morning about how they had “different opinions”. Talking about how they had “disagreements”. Talking about how they didn’t “see eye to eye”. GEEZ guys, Is there any way we can get this man to shut his mouth? If I was another coach, I wouldn’t touch him with a 10 misrepresenting his words in my opinion.
Yeah thats not what he said at all is it?

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
He's a young man who said some things from a place of anger, never expecting something like this could happen. I am willing to extend him a lot of grace.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I get it. This is horrible news about our coach and we all wanted him around for much longer. People had run-ins with the Pirate. That happens. He was outspoken too and had to make tough personel decisions in his profession. The same people can express grief, remorse and sympathy. I hope his family finds comfort and solace. Leach was loved by many people, especially those who never met him. He was at State for just three years but he's going to leave a legacy. Legend.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I get what he was trying to say. But yeah, not a good look for him at all.
I'm just not seeing that being a bad look? Maybe a little inarticulate, but seems perfectly reasonable to acknowledge their recent public "dispute" and point out that it did not mean he didn't care for him?

And I may be wrong, but how poorly Dillon reacted to the not tough comment made me think it cut him a little deep because he cared about what Leach thought of him. If he had not liked Leach, I suspect he wouldn't have reacted as badly.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
He’s a kid. My daughters say stupid **** to me all the time. My 14 year old told me she hated me the other day. Give him a break. As was said earlier, he knew Leach better than everyone on this board. Give him some credit for not deleting the previous tweet and stepping up and owning it

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
He's a young man who said some things from a place of anger, never expecting something like this could happen. I am willing to extend him a lot of grace.
Absolutely. Leach rode him hard - probably because he knew his potential -- Dillon is not soft, but he's a pretty sensitive kid. You can bet he's hurting now. Extending grace is important. I hate he's no longer a Bulldog. Hopefully he lands in a good place.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
I'm just not seeing that being a bad look? Maybe a little inarticulate, but seems perfectly reasonable to acknowledge their recent public "dispute" and point out that it did not mean he didn't care for him?

And I may be wrong, but how poorly Dillon reacted to the not tough comment made me think it cut him a little deep because he cared about what Leach thought of him. If he had not liked Leach, I suspect he wouldn't have reacted as badly.
It absolutely hit him hard, for that reason. He puts his heart into what he does, and to hear from someone you respect it wasn’t enough and to hear he’s glad you’re gone said so casually- of course that hurt. I would think more would understand that- you don’t have to agree with his reaction to get that.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with his tweet. Also nothing wrong with this discussion about it. You are entitled to your opinion. Thread stays open. Do something to intentionally try to get it closed it and it will stay open and you will be gone.

Reactions: Lone Star Hoopcoach

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
One of the things that strikes me about woke people is that they overreact emotionally to perceived slights, especially those not directed at them personally but at others, individuals and groups they like or want to protect.
I don’t think it has anything to do with wokeness. I think Baddog11 thought based on the board’s reaction to Dillon Johnson’s transfer announcement that he could get a cheap pop from the crowd here and the board was just going to pile on DJ again, but the opposite occurred.

Or maybe Baddog11 is grieving too and in an emotional state and lashing out. People take things different ways and there’s no one right way to handle these events.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Fair enough. I'll delete my post because it's really unnecessay as you point out.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2009
There is nothing wrong with what he said. Move on

Reactions: Dawgg and PBRME
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login