Does anyone still think Lemonis should be our coach in 2024?

patdog

May 28, 2007
And if so, can you give me one good reason he should be? The title was great, but that was 2 years ago. Is there anything about our program today that makes you think he should keep his job?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
And if so, can you give me one good reason he should be? The title was great, but that was 2 years ago. Is there anything about our program today that makes you think he should keep his job?
I wish he be gone tomorrow. Not even coach the game. Let the batting coach and GA's take over.

Edited to change pitching coach to batting coach. Whoops

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Foxhall was the biggest reason we have sucked these past 2 years, but you saw tonight that we had no idea what we were doing anywhere…. In the field, the mound or at the plate.

I can’t imagine sLem making it past the last out of the season. Arkansas isn’t a good team, and they have teabagged him.

It seems to me that Selmon gave sLem just enough rope.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Those that know me personally and those that know my online history when it comes to coaches will be shocked, but it has to happen. I can't believe I just typed that. Something has gone irreversibly off the rails with this regime.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Foxhall was the biggest reason we have sucked these past 2 years, but you saw tonight that we had no idea what we were doing anywhere…. In the field, the mound or at the plate.

I can’t imagine sLem making it past the last out of the season. Arkansas isn’t a good team, and they have teabagged him.

It seems to me that Selmon gave sLem just enough rope.
Fox hall was a scapegoat. He was a huge problem. But he was never THE problem. Just a symptom of the problem.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
In the post game show Lem was asked about the communication and other Issues
tonight and said he had no explanation but it was his fault because it’s his job to have us ready to play Do we need anything more? He has said with his own mouth that he Has failed at his job and he doesn’t know what to do about it.

He will forever have my respect and admiration because he coached us to our first and only NC but it is time for him to go.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
In the post game show Lem was asked about the communication and other Issues
tonight and said he had no explanation but it was his fault because it’s his job to have us ready to play Do we need anything more? He has said with his own mouth that he Has failed at his job and he doesn’t know what to do about it.

He will forever have my respect and admiration because he coached us to our first and only NC but it is time for him to go.
He's been saying crap like that for the last 3 weeks. He may as well talk about "repaying some knots".

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
C34 says the big boosters won't cough up the $6mil to buy everyone out. So I find something else to do in the next couple of Springs. ;)

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Apparently his buyout is quite large.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Apparently his buyout is quite large.
Buyout doesn’t matter. We can’t afford not to pay it. His base is $1.25M and I can’t find an extension he signed since 2021, so he can’t have more than 2 years left. If we won’t pay that buyout, we deserve what we get.

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
He will make it through next year and fire his staff again. In 2025, if still losing, he will be fired.

because he lacks the integrity to resign this year.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Overspent on a stadium, way more than anyone else, and overspent on a coach. We do have good fan support, for now. But both were pre-NIL decisions that don't look wise now. We need more money. Money to buy out Lemonis, money to hire a new coach and money to pay good players to play for State so that fans continue to show up in Starkville. Pretty much all games are now on tv.

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Next year is a rebuilding year after two disastrous years. Do we hand him a 3rd year to rebuild?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Buyout doesn’t matter. We can’t afford not to pay it. His base is $1.25M and I can’t find an extension he signed since 2021, so he can’t have more than 2 years left. If we won’t pay that buyout, we deserve what we get.
It’s 6 million for the whole staff apparently. That’s not going to happen.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Arkansas is a locked in national seed that is in the hunt for the conference title.

There are plenty of good arguments to getting rid of the whole staff, but this is just an absurd take.
Very. UA will get a National seed and really only has had 1 bad series at UGA. Hogs are a very good team.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s 6 million for the whole staff apparently. That’s not going to happen.
I’m calling ********. Lemonis buyout should be less than $3M. Fox hall is already gone. Geautraux buyout can’t be bigger than Lemonis.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
He should be gone. You can't have post game interviews the last half of the season talking about "it's on me, Jim" and keep him. He's right. It's all on him. Fox was just a scapegoat and I'm starting to feel sorry for Fox and his family while Lem remains employed.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
I thought for sure he would last 1 more year but ****, that leash grows shorter by the day now.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Arkansas is a locked in national seed that is in the hunt for the conference title.

There are plenty of good arguments to getting rid of the whole staff, but this is just an absurd take.
Locked in…. with their injuries. I can’t wait to see how this post ages.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Fox hall was a scapegoat. He was a huge problem. But he was never THE problem. Just a symptom of the problem.
He was a part of the problem as in Lemonis should have ****-canned him in March of 2022. Losing 2 or 3 pitchers is no excuse for the remainder of your staff to lead the league in walks, hbp and HR's allowed. We had a repeat of that this year. The indictment against Lemonis is he was too blind to see what was happening or was too loyal to Foxhall to pull the trigger. Either way, it doesn't matter. When this season started with Foxhall on the bench, it was all over but the crying.

Reactions: patdog

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
They're very quiet but I've talked to a lot of folks at the park the last copule of days and there are surprisingly still a lot of folks that think we have too keep him. From buyout talk to perception there's a contingent out there but they don't dare come onto a public forum and try to defend it because they know they'll be ripped to shreds. To me, there are no other answers. The crooked hat wearing bucket sitter must GTFO, NOW!!!!!

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m calling ********. Lemonis buyout should be less than $3M. Fox hall is already gone. Geautraux buyout can’t be bigger than Lemonis.

Foxhall already being gone doesn’t mean we don’t have to pay him his buyout. I think $3 million for Lemonis and $1 million or $1.5 million each for Fox and Geautreau plus the minor assistants sounds about right.

The crazy thing is that if we don’t fire Lemonis and staff, we kind of have to extend them for recruiting purposes. The extension wouldn’t actually mean anything as far as the buyout, but you can’t send them out on the recruiting trail for guys who won’t graduate HS for 3-4 years when they only have 2 years left on their contracts.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t have a strong opinion one way or another. This has been a disaster but I also have seen Chris Lemonis be a very good coach in the past and I get why we might be willing to give it one more chance with a new pitching coach.

I frankly don’t know what we should do, that’s as candid as I can be.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Foxhall already being gone doesn’t mean we don’t have to pay him his buyout. I think $3 million for Lemonis and $1 million or $1.5 million each for Fox and Geautreau plus the minor assistants sounds about right.

The crazy thing is that if we don’t fire Lemonis and staff, we kind of have to extend them for recruiting purposes. The extension wouldn’t actually mean anything as far as the buyout, but you can’t send them out on the recruiting trail for guys who won’t graduate HS for 3-4 years when they only have 2 years left on their contracts.
Doesn’t matter anymore, players aren’t locked into the school anymore. They can leave anytime they want to for any reason as it now stands. If they are willing to join this dumpster fire, are you sure we want them anyhow? May as well get a staff that will give them something to play for before worrying about future players. We are less than Indiana baseball now in the SEC West. We look like the bad news bears now. It’s time to end it…

Reactions: beachbumdawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Isn't Arkansas ranked #6 in the country ? Garbage they are not. Lemonis is tho. He needs to go

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Parking, food, gas, and tickets all require so much effort, money, and time. People want to watch a full 9 innings. Partial games should be able to get partial money back.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
One of the worst takes this board as seen in quiet a while. I wont even go into the history of the last 5 years or so and what type of program arkansas has been, BUT….

35-12, 16-7 in the sec, currently tied for the most wins in the west and 3rd overall in the SEC. Believe they are ranked inside the top 10 in the polls. Their RPI is inside the top 5 I believe. They could LOSE out, and still make the NCAA field as likely a 2 seed.

I’d be curious to know what your definition of a “good team” is.

Then again he wants to give Hancock, and his 220 average in sec play, credit for “putting the ball in play”

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
@patdog I have made it no secret that I think you are among the worst baseball posters on the board. Not personal of course, but just my opinion. And this post has done nothing to change that. Reasons to keep Lemonis:

1) Selmon was not prepared for a baseball coaching search;
2) Lemonis won us a national title;
3) Our coaching search would be limited due to #2, and the damage caused to our reputation due to this;
4) He has proven he CAN coach from 2019-2021;
5) He was made to sacrifice his pitching coach, which he did NOT want to do, so he's earned that right;
6) A pretty good freshman class.

People are getting run-ruled all around the country. Just the way it is now with the new zone and clock. Get over it, he's going to be back.

This is not my opinion on whether Lemonis is the best coach for MSU. It's my opinion on what has to happen. And this is not even taking into consideration the buyout.

patdog

May 28, 2007

I'm pretty sure those numbers are inflated. $2.5 for Lemonis and maybe another $1M for Foxhall and Geautreaux combined is closer to the truth. But it doesn't matter. Even if those numbers are right, the question isn't whether we can afford to pay it (we can), the question is whether we can afford NOT to pay it. It's already going to take us at least 2-3 years to dig out of this hole. Another year of this and we'll be the better part of a decade between NCAA tournament appearances.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login