Douche

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It's also bonkers that a kid was cut from a 6th grade middles school team. Make an A and B team if you need, but keep as many kids in school sports as possible. It's healthy, builds accountability, builds relationships, and kids develop in middle school. They are small then big. They are weak then strong. They are uncoordinated then coordinated. Cutting a 6th grader from a middle school team is nuts.
Yea, it's amazing to me the number of coaches that chase off kids that haven't even hit puberty yet. Growing up there was pretty much always one or two high school players in football or basketball that were barely serviceable after dominating jr. high because they developed earlier than other people. One of the better basketball players in our high school didn't play basketball because he was goofy and uncoordinated in Jr. High. Was still relatively unskilled in high school because of how little he played but he was just more physically gifted.

I understand some people are late bloomers and aren't really going to grow and develop until their junior year or even later (I had a friend grow probably 3 or 4 inches in college), but chasing people off baby faced 7th or 8th graders because they aren't as good as the player at their position that has been needing to shave daily since they were in 6th grade is just stupid.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yea, it's amazing to me the number of coaches that chase off kids that haven't even hit puberty yet. Growing up there was pretty much always one or two high school players in football or basketball that were barely serviceable after dominating jr. high because they developed earlier than other people. One of the better basketball players in our high school didn't play basketball because he was goofy and uncoordinated in Jr. High. Was still relatively unskilled in high school because of how little he played but he was just more physically gifted.

I understand some people are late bloomers and aren't really going to grow and develop until their junior year or even later (I had a friend grow probably 3 or 4 inches in college), but chasing people off baby faced 7th or 8th graders because they aren't as good as the player at their position that has been needing to shave daily since they were in 6th grade is just stupid.
Agree with this, but due to the sheer numbers in baseball, you have to cut some. While the overall participating numbers has dwindled, the number compared to high school baseball slots available is still pretty high.

You know what sport that hardly every cuts anyone except the biggest schools? FOOTBALL. That's always open for anyone who is willing to play it.

Don't know about volleyball or soccer. I figure soccer is the same way.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login