Duke is giving Clemson all they want. Can they hold up?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The dookies are playin their butts off. I'm sure Clemson will eventually take over but I always like the underdogs

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Duke "can't stand prosperity."

If they can stop the turnovers....they have a chance

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Duke can’t “hold on” to the pig skin.
Good grief! It should be 9-0 Duke at half but on well.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
This Duke QB is impressive.
He is proof the recruiting service do not get it right. He is from Alabama. How in the hell did Auburn and Bama let him get away? I guess he just didn't have enough stars.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
He is proof the recruiting service do not get it right. He is from Alabama. How in the hell did Auburn and Bama let him get away? I guess he just didn't have enough stars.
You could say we missed on him as well. Maybe he's one of those that had a late growth spurt or just needed a good conditioning program to grow into his own.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
You could say we missed on him as well.
I agree but he was right there with the State of Alabama high school football coaches. Hell, he might have chosen Duke over other school. I think he is predicted 3rd best QB on draft board in 2024.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Clubnik just ran down a duke safety to save a TD. That was impressive!
Awesome play. Hat on the ball. Great scoop. QB chasing down a corner. What's not to like?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I didn't join this game until just before halftime. I thought that it's good pooch but turning the ball over when they had a field goal right in there hands. Man, they have really play lights out out the second half. I hope they hang on cause they have really outplayed Clemson and not been sloppy and look like the better team. This is not your daddy's Clemson .

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Maybe Clemson should worry about football instead of shopping for other conferences. Not a lot of demand for a former power that is now a perennial 7-5 team and thinks they are too good for their conference. Ask Nebraska.

Reactions: DerHntr

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If they called that targeting, then the fix is in. It's a bad car because he went down going forward with his body. He was not sliding the same way he does as he if he was supposed to giving himself up.

ETA - I don't think they got that right he did not hit him with his helmet and he went into his shoulder just the first of many targeting penalties that we all will argue about this year

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
If they called that targeting, then the fix is in. It's a bad car because he went down going forward with his body. He was not sliding the same way he does as he if he was supposed to giving himself up.

ETA - I don't think they got that right he did not hit him with his helmet and he went into his shoulder just the first of many targeting penalties that we all will argue about this year
Duke caught a break with it being a dead ball foul.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It may be overreacting a bit, but I wonder if the transfer and NiL changes are already starting to affect the big programs because they cannot stockpile and hold on to athletes anymore. They may still can outbid somebody, but Player can transfer any place they want to go.

Congratulations to Duke! You earned this you didn't luck your way into this... you earned it. They look like they have a team that can compete with anybody.

* A game like this is one of those reasons I still love college football.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
It may be overreacting a bit, but I wonder if the transfer and NiL changes are already starting to affect the big programs because they cannot stockpile and hold on to athletes anymore. They may still can outbid somebody, but Player can transfer any place they want to go.

Congratulations to Duke! You earned this you didn't luck your way into this... you earned it. They look like they have a team that can compete with anybody.

Well Dabo refused to better Clemson with the portal, so he really did this to himself.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Colorado and now Duke. Easily the 2 best upsets of the week. BTW, would love to have that Duke DE. Dude was a beast.

Sep 4, 2012

This.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It may be overreacting a bit, but I wonder if the transfer and NiL changes are already starting to affect the big programs because they cannot stockpile and hold on to athletes anymore.
Why do you think The First Alabama Bank of Bryant and Saban lost lost year...

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

I’ve been saying this for a while now. Players want to play now. The immediate transfer gives guys the ability to go to another school when they are buried on a depth chart after being promised the moon.
People worried about us losing all of our players to other schools shouId realize, most of our stars were probably highly recruited out of HS and we already beat the big boys for them. Why would they leave if they are starting here aside from a coaching change?

I’m curious if some of the bigger teams end up like BBall. The one and done hits KY every year and despite having the best talent they don’t seem to make Final Fours much, meanwhile those mid west teams and mid majors with 3 stars that have been at the program 4 years all seem to make deep runs. I’m hoping the turnover and NIL cause locker room issues for the blue bloods.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
On a related note, I feel like our new offense is better suited for this transfer system. I imagine air raid takes more time for newcomers to pick up.
Any offense that takes advantage of one on one matchups is going to be better suited to NIL world than an offense that relies on heavy experience and continuity in a unique system. Either can succeed but I think we know which is more likely to thrive in the transfer heavy world.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Mike Elko is a really good coach and Duke’s turnaround is an awesome story.

This feels like the end of Clemson as an annual contender. They do not look remotely as talented as other top teams or even previous Clemson teams. Florida State might run them out of their own stadium in three weeks.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login