DWS Balconies sold out

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I am not surprised. There are people who want good places to stand up and watch games.

Now I want one of you blue tent haired sumbitches who bought a spot there to shout SIT DOWN the first game of the season… **

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
They werent crazy expensive. If you like elbow room at a game and the endzone view its a good deal.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
They werent crazy expensive. If you like elbow room at a game and the endzone view its a good deal.

The view up there is better than down Low in many cases. It’s the walk up. That’s the killer. You can put fridge up there with table and chairs, stock it day before. It has a retractable shade … it might be really could cool. Haters gonna hate.

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
They werent crazy expensive.

No they werent, but they also werent announced until several months after season ticket renewals were due. I might would have talked to my tailgating group about going in and buying one had we all not already renewed our existing tickets under separate BDC accounts. Considering the timing, it's impressive they sold so fast.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
The view up there is better than down Low in many cases. It’s the walk up. That’s the killer. You can put fridge up there with table and chairs, stock it day before. It has a retractable shade … it might be really could cool. Haters gonna hate.

The upper west side has been my favorite place to watch a game at DWS for a long time. If you can get in the first few rows it's the best seat in the house for watching the game. The sun, except for those stupid 11am kickoffs, is at your back. You can see the whole field with no distortion due to angle, and that goes for the whole deck. If they choose to actually open all the concession stands the lines are short. The rest room lines are short. If you can't make that walk up.....you need to get out and walk more. It's not steep and it's not as far as you think. There are also elevators.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Faculty tickets are 20% off, in a specific area which is lower East side facing the sun. Why would they get a discount on a balcony, especially as much as you say (which was 66% off). I could but don't buy faculty tickets because mine are better seats in my opinion and still cheaper in upper deck

Baddmann

Sep 20, 2015
If they had somehow allowed grills, (I know that too much could go wrong) I would have loved to have one of those.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

It's been a really long time since I've been to Davis Wade Stadium but I know if I had a chance to have a retractable shade/rain cover in that stadium I would take one in a heartbeat. Add in that I could put in a refrigerator in my own chair and you might not be able to send me home.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I’m gonna go out on a limb here, but it could be that he was talking out of his ***.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Totally agree. You can see the whole game so clearly from there.

The upper west side has been my favorite place to watch a game at DWS for a long time. If you can get in the first few rows it's the best seat in the house for watching the game. The sun, except for those stupid 11am kickoffs, is at your back. You can see the whole field with no distortion due to angle, and that goes for the whole deck. If they choose to actually open all the concession stands the lines are short. The rest room lines are short. If you can't make that walk up.....you need to get out and walk more. It's not steep and it's not as far as you think. There are also elevators.

We had seats on the top row of the bottom section and you want to talk about amazing? You need to get up, you stand and go…. Great seats!

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
And even if they didn't, the State faculty that got it for 1/3 the price will give it to them on the cheap for the bama game.

We can worry about that next year.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I’ve had my son at 4 games last season in the upper deck west side and have absolutely loved it. Hate that I’m not fortunate enough financially to bring him to that part of the stadium now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login