E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!! Birds - Browns game thread

Keyser Soze 16802

Oct 12, 2021
That was the NFL version of Northwestern vs Purdue but glad to get a win

For the folks who couldn't hear/see the game.....before the season I found some interesting offerings on a popular auction platform

• Haha
Reactions: LionJim

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021

At one point in the game the Browns broke up a pass near the Eagles’ sideline. Sirianni was then laughing and joking with the same defender who just made the play. Maybe he knew the guy, I don’t know. What I do know is the head coach sets a mentality for the team. You don’t yuk it up with a guy who just made a play against you. Leave the banter to the players. Imagine some of the current top NFL coaches doing that. It wouldn’t happen. Maybe Sirianni needs to hear some crap from the fans.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
wtf. What’s w all the hamstring injuries?

here were key injuries suffered on both sides. Notably, Eagles left tackle Jordan Mailata exited with a hamstring injury, cornerback Darius Slay left with a knee injury, and tight end Dallas Goedert left with a hamstring injury.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
If old dude can’t handle boos, he needs to go. It’s Philly you bum…. Boos come with the territory. Slay said it best, “if they boo, we probably deserved it”
The boos will get louder after today. The offense was a few big plays to individual stars. There wasn’t a system or a plan to exploit a defense that is beat up and vulnerable.

Reactions: nittanyfan333

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

#2 is a good point. While AJ made an awesome catch on 2nd and 11 late, it was an awful situational play call. It sounds like Hurts made the audible at the line. Sigh.

They lucked out yesterday but the fact that your franchise QB chose a low % play late in the game when a sure completion keeps the clock moving is concerning.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
Are the Eagles so hell bent on creating explosive plays that it is causing the offense to look like poop? I have heard this time and time again that we need more explosive plays(I think PSU says this sometimes too). Why do you need explosive plays? What is wrong with pounding the ball and getting 5-6 yards a play? Why does it always have to be a homerun on every play(kind of like the Phillies huh?). Maybe I am old school but like the saying from Remember the Titans, "running the veer is like getting novacaine, give it time it will work" Same goes for pounding the ball against your opponent, pound it, pound it, pound it, eventually you will ware them down and break bigger plays. I know its all strategy and game plan but you lull them into you pounding the ball then you break the big play. I guess my point is you can't solely rely on explosive plays to win games.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Are the Eagles so hell bent on creating explosive plays that it is causing the offense to look like poop? I have heard this time and time again that we need more explosive plays(I think PSU says this sometimes too). Why do you need explosive plays? What is wrong with pounding the ball and getting 5-6 yards a play? Why does it always have to be a homerun on every play(kind of like the Phillies huh?). Maybe I am old school but like the saying from Remember the Titans, "running the veer is like getting novacaine, give it time it will work" Same goes for pounding the ball against your opponent, pound it, pound it, pound it, eventually you will ware them down and break bigger plays. I know its all strategy and game plan but you lull them into you pounding the ball then you break the big play. I guess my point is you can't solely rely on explosive plays to win games.
That is also the Eagles offensive identity when at their best. Think about the 2017 Super Bowl team or 2022 when they routinely beat up defenses with 7, 8 or 9 minute scoring drives.

I think you’re onto something and the big money paid to Hurts, Brown and Smith may be driving the feeling that they need to justify it with explosive plays.

Reactions: TheBigUglies

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
#2 is a good point. While AJ made an awesome catch on 2nd and 11 late, it was an awful situational play call. It sounds like Hurts made the audible at the line. Sigh.

They lucked out yesterday but the fact that your franchise QB chose a low % play late in the game when a sure completion keeps the clock moving is concerning.
Yeah, they had already completed that pass to Dotson and I was shocked to see that last play call.

Reactions: WestSideLion

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login