Easiest title since Dunkel gave out natties

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
I was hoping Arky would win it. Van Horn seems like an honorable guy. Nothing about Tennessee says "honorable." I don't care for Ole Miss one bit. Lane is kind of funny some times but he's also annoying. I know nothing untoward about Bianco. He's just kind of been there as the coach of a team I didn't want to win a Natty and don't want to dominate the state.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm going to try to be positive about it. What choice is there now?

Truth is, if it wasn't Ole Miss, I like Bianco and a lot of the guys on that team seem like good dudes. I'm happy for them and for the state of Mississippi because we look like the bosses of college baseball right now.

It's just those 17'n fans...........................

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
It’s a real kick in the nuts, but you can’t worry about things that you have no control over. I’m going to move on and deal with the ******** from my OM acquaintances.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
I agree. I don't pay attention to them but those guys just brought it. Elko is the real deal. Not a fan of those stashes, though.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
For being 32 and having a bionic knee, he is in great shape.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
This one may have been fairly easy but the truth of the matter is they could have won one before now if they could've gotten their **** together. They've had some good teams.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
That had a solid team with a lot of good MS players, no sense in being mad about them winning. Bianco has been there for a while and they stuck with him despite some pretty big disappointments. They earned this title.

Tomas Smid

May 4, 2010
Ole Miss certainly made it look easy. They dominated from the time they left Hoover until today. I’ll give Arkansas credit for hanging with them in one game. Other than that, it was like Ole Miss never really broke a sweat.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
First, the good people of the world are rewarded for playing good baseball in 2021.

Second, in 2022, avarice, greed, concupiscence, drunkenness, arrogance, and philistine pig ignorance succeed in being national champions due to passed balls. Thanks Oklahoma; you know how to hurt a guy.

Seriously, I am happy for Coach Bianca. Nice guys win occasionally. Tim Elko is also a good Christian man who deserves the accolades.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
First, the good people of the world are rewarded for playing good baseball in 2021.

Second, in 2022, avarice, greed, concupiscence, drunkenness, arrogance, and philistine pig ignorance succeed in being national champions due to passed balls. Thanks Oklahoma; you know how to hurt a guy.

Seriously, I am happy for Coach Bianca. Nice guys win occasionally. Tim Elko is also a good Christian man who deserves the accolades.

B Walker is this your alt account?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Looking at rankings, it was the easiest title ever. But so what? A title is a title. You can only beat the teams that advance to play you. And they did that.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Look at the 1st round pitchers we faced and beat. And didn't win the championship game by winning without RBIs. Really simple to compare.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Tanner Legget walk off moment. Tanner Allen monster 8th inning momentum swing moment.
Willy B dominating. Handing Rocker his first post season loss, defeating the defending national champions convincingly with hit after hit after hit.

UM did have back to back to back home runs in the finals game 1. That was 3 exciting at bats.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Well we did get lucky last year by avoiding NC State, who was the hottest team in the tourney until they got Covid. Who knows what would’ve happened if they hadn’t gotten Covid and had to forfeit. But I’m not going to apologize for that just like OM shouldn’t apologize for facing unseeded teams in the CWS. A natty is a natty, no matter what.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I honestly thought they would never win one ever.

Figured they'd break through at something but I thought it was women's golf. Pretty crazy to go from zero team national championships ever to winning one in two different sports in back to back years.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Well we did get lucky last year by avoiding NC State, who was the hottest team in the tourney until they got Covid. Who knows what would’ve happened if they hadn’t gotten Covid and had to forfeit. But I’m not going to apologize for that just like OM shouldn’t apologize for facing unseeded teams in the CWS. A natty is a natty, no matter what.

NC State wasn't beating us either.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The only thing that surprises me about Ole Miss winning is that it was this year. They’ve been long past due to get to Omaha again and I expected them to win in a few years.

But they had the best pitching in the postseason. And when you have the best pitching, you have a very good chance— and the Rebels didn’t WAOM it.

Thirty-Two Dive

Feb 10, 2013
Mississippi got lucky, by avoiding…

Arkansas State.

Their Natty still counts.

Last edited:

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Stop it with the NC State ********. They lost to Vandy FFS.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The argument on not playing the best teams falls apart REALLY quickly when you compare the two post seasons. Drastic difference.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
They lost to Vandy in a game where they only had 13 available players and only four pitchers. And they only lost that game 3-1. They beat Vandy when they had a full strength squad. I’m not saying they would’ve beaten us, but they were better than Vandy and would’ve been in the championship series if not for Covid.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Maybe they would have beaten Vandy, maybe they wouldn't have. It's pure speculation. Vandy definitely had the pitching to come out of the losers bracket to make the finals. Bottom line is, we played the team that advanced under the rules the CWS was played with.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login