Egg Bowl thoughts 9 days out....

ColoradoDawg

Sep 3, 2016
I think our offense will be able to control the ball and keep their offense off the field. Time of possession will be a telling stat as to who will win the game. This game is shaping up to be a shoot out and is probably too close to call. I have a feeling this will be an Egg Bowl for the ages with Mississippi State ending on a game winning drive and the Legend of Will Rogers gaining another chapter....unless those 17ers intentionally injure him like they did to Nick. Those stinking RebelBearSharks will definitely have some tricks up their sleeve.

I do think we match up well with Ole Miss for 2 reasons. We have excellent CBs this year. We have an offense that can keep their offense off the field by sustaining long drives. State 41 Ole Miss 38.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Why are you fools talking about this game when we still have another this weekend? Did Maine not teach you anything? NOTHING is impossible! Why are you ignoring the dead native americans? I'm not talking about losing as much as our first team will play some downs Saturday...understand?

At least wait until we are done Saturday to 17 with JuJu!

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Matchups I think will favor Ole Miss:
- I do feel a little better against the air raid with our base D being a 3-2-6. Our secondary is pretty decent at every position. We don’t have elite guys like Emerson and Forbes, but no glaring holes either

I do think the notion that you can just sit back in heavy zone and shut down the Air Raid has kinda been disproven this year. Rogers has gotten really good at being patient and not forcing the issue, and the RB's have been used much more effectively in the passing game. We have seen a lot of rush three drop eight and the only game where we had issues finding open receivers was against Bama.

That said, if OM can get pressure with just three or four guys then that changes things. But really only Bama has been able to do that (Will Anderson absolutely embarrassed our OL). OM is going to get 2-3 sacks just because we throw it so often, but the key is going to be limiting it to that and not letting Williams and company totally feast. The OM pass rush has been feast or famine at times, they have four games with 5+ sacks but three games with just one sack. That's probably the biggest key to the game for me, whether or not Rogers has time to throw.

I feel like I know what to expect with State's defense vs. OM's offense. OM will get plenty of yards and probably score at least 24 to 28 points, but State will clamp down in the red zone a few times. I don't think this is as high scoring of a game as some probably think it has the potential to be, there will definitely be some offense but I really think there's a good chance 35 is enough to win for either team.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The Rebs will be sucking wind with their hands on their hips looking to the sideline for help.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login