End the Howland era now, say 17 it to the ‘21-‘22 ….

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Season and go find a basketball coach to fix this ****.
Even if the next two years are rough it won’t be any 17-ing different than what we have and will have if Howland stays around.
Be done with this ****.
Anyone that thinks it’s miraculously will get better is fooling themselves!

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
We're on the bubble for the ncaa tournament. We've only made the tourney 11 times in our history. Last night was flat out pathetic, but have some perspective.

I'm in no way opposed to howland "retiring" at the end of the year, but firing him mid season? Have you lost your effin mind? NO one would wanna come here when competing to get in the ncaa tourney isn't acceptable

Joe Schmedlap

Aug 11, 2010
We're on the bubble for the ncaa tournament. We've only made the tourney 11 times in our history. Last night was flat out pathetic, but have some perspective.

I'm in no way opposed to howland "retiring" at the end of the year, but firing him mid season? Have you lost your effin mind? NO one would wanna come here when competing to get in the ncaa tourney isn't acceptable

I am opposed to the fact that a Howland basically retired at least 3 years ago but the university continues to employ him.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
I am opposed to the fact that a Howland basically retired at least 3 years ago but the university continues to employ him.

Bc any postseason for us is a given. We've made postseason 21 times total in our history, and 3 of those are under howland. It would be 4 of 22 if not for Covid.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
The thing everyone is leaving out is that we have big time SEC money coming in now that we haven’t had in the past. Our Athletic Department revenue has basically doubled from when Stans “retired”. There are a lot of good young coaches that would love the opportunity to coach at MSU, even if that meant working for Cohen.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Is anyone else tired of the stand around offense with one player dribble driving. The announcers last night were talking about TTU being a great defensive team but not a very good offensive team. They had great offensive movement by every player and found the open man repeatedly. I would hate to hear their opinion of our offense after last night.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Is anyone else tired of the stand around offense with one player dribble driving. The announcers last night were talking about TTU being a great defensive team but not a very good offensive team. They had great offensive movement by every player and found the open man repeatedly. I would hate to hear their opinion of our offense after last night.

I wouldn’t say it’s standing around but other than the weave action there is not much movement. This weaving around outside the 3 point line does nothing to get the bal to the post, free up a shooter or create drives to the basket. Take all that away and you have 25 seconds of dribbling and a desperation shot which is basically what our offense is.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login