Faculty section

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Is there a reason we give our faculty 50 yard line tickets on the East side? Where do other schools have faculty seats? It is always either half full or full of visitor fans. It looks like its full of Arkansas fans

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I usually sit in section 18 or 19. Against Bama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, or OM there are almost always as many visitors as State fans. Against Bama it might be 2-1 gumps
And these tickets are handed off to our faculty then they hand them off to the visitors? First it's the ****** seats for students at The Hump and now this? Cohen needs to be kicked in the nuts for this.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
And these tickets are handed off to our faculty then they hand them off to the visitors? First it's the ****** seats for students at The Hump and now this? Cohen needs to be kicked in the nuts for this.
It's been like that for longer than Cohen. The Faculty are given a great deal on great seats and a lot of them DNGAF about MSU football so they flip them.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
From Hail State
MSU employees can purchase discounted season tickets – 20 percent off football, baseball, and men's basketball tickets.

It used to be a 50% discount back in the Templeton era and maybe beyond

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Is there a reason we give our faculty 50 yard line tickets on the East side? Where do other schools have faculty seats? It is always either half full or full of visitor fans. It looks like its full of Arkansas fans
Tons of red in premium seats today on the East side.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It's been like that for longer than Cohen. The Faculty are given a great deal on great seats and a lot of them DNGAF about MSU football so they flip them.

The DNGAF part plays into them flipping them a lot more than the great deal does. MSU employs hundreds of people with no prior ties to MSU, Starkville, or Mississippi in general. I think back to my professors at State and maybe 1 in 10 had any sort of interest in football or sports in general.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The DNGAF part plays into them flipping them a lot more than the great deal does. MSU employs hundreds of people with no prior ties to MSU, Starkville, or Mississippi in general. I think back to my professors at State and maybe 1 in 10 had any sort of interest in football or sports in general.
Then FK the Faculty and their DNGAF horses they rode in on. Give the tickets away to local high school kids who don't have the money and would LOVE to go to the games.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Since the 90's. My MIL had tickets there and when I went with her it was common that we would be sitting near opposing fans who traveled. Bama games were a nightmare.

ETA: She quit buying tickets after the Maine game.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
There are some good faculty and it's good to reward them but we are also having a hard time selling tickets anyway there were tickets for sale all over the east side from msu and from StubHub when I looked.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
The faculty have been given those prime seats since time out of mind. They had them in the early 80s when I was at MSU. Put them in the sun in the east north upper deck.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Get rid of discounted tickets for faculty. Discount bulldog club points for them. Make donations count double or triple. That way the faculty that are real fans can be rewarded for working for the university and get better seats.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
Need to photo the sections during game and determine the seats that are occupied by the opposition.
Give warning.....then deny them access after a couple of "selling to the opposition" next year. Would not want to penalize any faculty using the seats as they should

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I used to get great seats from faculty I worked with while at state. Loved it.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Maybe the easiest solution is making the discounted tickets only available through will call to the account holder.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They get those seats without a bulldog club membership. That's chaps my ***. Trust me getting a professor position at any university is really hard to do. They don't need to give that perk to them in order to recruit or keep any Professor position. They should not be allowed to sell or give those tickets away. If they get caught, they should lose that privilege.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Get rid of discounted tickets for faculty. Discount bulldog club points for them. Make donations count double or triple. That way the faculty that are real fans can be rewarded for working for the university and get better seats.
Yea don’t get started on BDC donations when it comes to faculty with a very high percentage of high ranking members hardly donate. I’m sure a faculty member would lapse some of you ten times over if your idea were to happen

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I don't mind the University offering that perk. It is "Faculty AND STAFF" section. I would imagine the "staff" are local people not making that much.
However again, the question is.... that section holds approximately 1,700 people. How many people does the university employ? Surely we can find 1700 (staff and family) to show up?

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
They get those seats without a bulldog club membership. That's chaps my ***. Trust me getting a professor position at any university is really hard to do. They don't need to give that perk to them in order to recruit or keep any Professor position. They should not be allowed to sell or give those tickets away. If they get caught, they should lose that privilege.
Facility and staff seats still have a per seat donation in addition to ticket cost. I swear it’s too early to be on Al Gore’s internet bitching about essentially nothing when we are number 16…5-1 staring down a very beating KY team

Reactions: GloryDawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I usually sit in section 18 or 19. Against Bama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, or OM there are almost always as many visitors as State fans. Against Bama it might be 2-1 gumps
18 & 19 are Priority Reserved seating according to DWS Seating Chart on HailState.com which means thats your fellow MSU fans selling them to visitors. Faculty/Staff is shown as 21 & 22. Who would be sitting there if they weren't Faculty/Staff, either nobody or possibly MSU fans from upper decks or visitors because visitors do have access to 24 and 25 already? Either way, its probably a lose/lose scenario. Upper deck ticket holders don't have to pay Bulldog Club fees either, at least on the East side. I have 2 in upper deck East side that I use for a parking pass and in case I have a friend show up and those seats are cheaper than Faculty seats are.

JML105

Sep 4, 2012
Don't the students have to scan their ID to get in with student tickets? Faculty should have to do the same and their tickets should definitely not be in the middle of the stadium.

Reactions: PBRME

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I don't mind the University offering that perk. It is "Faculty AND STAFF" section. I would imagine the "staff" are local people not making that much.
However again, the question is.... that section holds approximately 1,700 people. How many people does the university employ? Surely we can find 1700 (staff and family) to show up?

Per wikipedia, total faculty / staff at MSU is 4,720. Not sure if that includes satellite campuses or not, but I’d assume they get the same benefits. I also think they can get tickets for at least their spouse (if spouse isn’t already faculty) and perhaps more for other immediate family.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Per wikipedia, total faculty / staff at MSU is 4,720. Not sure if that includes satellite campuses or not, but I’d assume they get the same benefits. I also think they can get tickets for at least their spouse (if spouse isn’t already faculty) and perhaps more for other immediate family.
My dad worked for MSU decades ago. Yes, you could buy more for family.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Yup. I bought 3 online in section 20 for Saturday’s game (I live out of state). Several empty and dozens of Pig fans there.
I have season tickets in section 20 and it's not faculty but I agree there was a bacon in our section. I will say there have been more apposing team fans at the 11 am games here lately.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Zippia.com says "6,877"

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Then who you going to give that perk to?

Nobody. ...and the seats will still have visitors in them.
Or you can do corporate packages to give their employees....and the seats will still have visitors in them

You see this everywhere.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
I mean if they aren’t using the perk we should absolutely take it away.
Yeah, let's give the middle finger to the underpaid staff in an overinflated housing market with no other entertainment for the kids they are raising to run the university that's educating your kid.
mister rogers middle finger GIF

Reactions: Maroon13
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login