Fast charging EV station in Starkville

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
well don't move to California, because they will make you drive one soon
If the government would just stay out of it EV technology will continue to improve rapidly and the American public will buy in more and more as it makes more sense to them. As for Mississippi, half of our population can barely put gas in their cars now and it's been that way since automobiles first came on the scene. I just don't see a majority of EV's here for a long long time.

Reactions: patdog

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I am all for EV's by individual choice. I am all against EV's by government choice.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Reactions: msstatelp1

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
I just ordered a 2025 F150 crew cab 4x4 Hybrid....i can't wait. Buddy of mine has one and loves it. Not sure i would go full EV yet....technology in batteries and charging has to get better. The thought of charging for an hour while on road trip totally sinks it for me. I travel the whole state of MS for work. That aint happening.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If you want an EV fine. It saves on gas and all that. Just don't use the reasoning it's better for the environment. All it's doing is transferring level of pollution here from an ICE to a third world country with their lithium mines. And that's not just EV's. It's phones and everything else with Li batteries. Lithium mines make coal strip mines look like virgin rainforests.
It looks like you are claiming there is an equal amount of environmental damage between production and use of ICE and EV.

Articles that I have read from leading media outlets(nyt, wapo, wsj, etc), which summarize studies, show the environmental damage caused by production and use of EVs is lower.

Jul 10, 2009
No need to defend yourself. You made an adult decision best for you. The people that make fun of EVs probably drive heavy duty trucks for their daily commuter for image purposes only (rural 5 series), don't actually use them for towing/hauling, and ***** about fuel prices when they could easily have avoided a 12 mpg vehicle.
I wasn't defending myself. Just stated that last bit for the fringe sheep educated by tribal groupthink.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
It looks like you are claiming there is an equal amount of environmental damage between production and use of ICE and EV.

Articles that I have read from leading media outlets(nyt, wapo, wsj, etc), which summarize studies, show the environmental damage caused by production and use of EVs is lower.
Use and production of the vehicles may be lower. But search YouTube videos of lithium mines for the batteries. Not to mention the slave labor employed there to mine the lithium.

The video below is a good watch in going green in general.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login