Freeze cannot help himself

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Meanwhile, I saw that they just flipped the hot shot 5* QB out of MS from Notre Dame last week. They must be in desparation mode and pulling out all the stops because who the heck turns down Notre Dame to go play for Freeze?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
That has to be demoralizing to the players. And any recruit can see that when he does something wrong at Auburn, freeze will call him out in the post game presser as a failure.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Not to defend him, but the players are now employed, this is an example of what I think we should expect in the new NIL environment.

I don't necessarily disagree, but even professionals need a leader. Calling out individuals for poor performance to the press to deflect blame is just piss poor leadership.

"The buck stops anywhere but here." - Hugh Freeze, probably

HotMop

May 8, 2006
He'll just pull out the prayer circle next game and every thing will work out.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Typical of freeze. In the real world you chew out an employee in private if it is warranted and always take the high road in public if you are a good, professional supervisor. Of course, we are talking about freeze so…….

Jul 11, 2024
Meanwhile, I saw that they just flipped the hot shot 5* QB out of MS from Notre Dame last week. They must be in desparation mode and pulling out all the stops because who the heck turns down Notre Dame to go play for Freeze?
People who like money and don’t wanna live in south bend 17ing Indiana

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I didn’t think that was too bad. Not sure which drive he’s referencing, but a zone-read probably really wasn’t an option. He says they have to coach better so that the Peyton will know to call something different next time.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
That has to be demoralizing to the players. And any recruit can see that when he does something wrong at Auburn, freeze will call him out in the post game presser as a failure.
Maybe not. It might be a classic case of 'he won't throw *me* under the bus'.

So so so many have that mentality. We've seen heaps of them. They really believe the snakeoil salesman wouldn't possibly sell them out because they thought they were close enough not to be sacrificed, in some cases they even helped the con. But that position doesn't exist to the salesman. Anyone is expendable

Or the players are just too inexperienced to spot the clear patterns. Unfortunately religion has a lot of power to instill blinders and people don't wanna believe that someone so loud and aggressive about their faith could be such a flawed person. Don't ask me how. The guy was literally buying prostitutes in every city he visited for recruiting (who they were for remains to be determined and we may never find out)

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I didn’t think that was too bad. Not sure which drive he’s referencing, but a zone-read probably really wasn’t an option. He says they have to coach better so that the Peyton will know to call something different next time.
Agree. I have a hard time reconciling the "just coach speak" complaints with nearly any remotely honest answer to a question that doesn't then turn immediately into "throwing under the bus" or "bulletin board material" for coaches and players. The "media" really likes to stir that stuff up (shocking).
Thought he did all of the "proper" I need to coach better, etc. coach speak and then answered the specific question about that series.
Of course if we're just shlting on the Right Rev, sure why not.

Reactions: 57stratdawg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Prolly be some easy money betting against Auburn at the end of the season when all of his high dollar NIL guys are busy negotiating their next contract instead of focusing on playing football.

Edited to Ad : This won't only apply to Auburn

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login