FC/OT: Nebraska pre-game was lit last night…

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Nebraska fans have a lot to be excited about this year with an improving team and blue chip freshman QB. They should finally break the bowl-less streak too. Hard to believe their last bowl appearance was after the 2016 season. Whatever the post season destination, no doubt their fans will flock there in droves.

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
I wish we'd change ours up a bit. The song that is obviously Gary Glitter but made to not sounds like Gary Glitter is so stale and played out, and doesn't do anything to hype people up.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Oh and don't even get me started on the cringeworthy cheerleader mic man crap. I can't believe that nonsense survived beyond the first game they rolled it out, it's so terrible.
We’ve gone over this a lot in the past. The same cheers, songs, and chants that drive you and the other older fans crazy, are intended to energize the student section and younger crowd because they tend to be louder. So, while you may not like it, it isn’t really intended for you. On the other hand, I loathe Sweet Caroline. It’s the biggest hokey, average white guy BS song there is. Yet, we have to suffer through that every game too. Take the good with the bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: ODShowtime

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Nebraska fans have a lot to be excited about this year with an improving team and blue chip freshman QB. They should finally break the bowl-less streak too. Hard to believe their last bowl appearance was after the 2016 season. Whatever the post season destination, no doubt their fans will flock there in droves.
I like the Nebraska QB. I can't stand anyone on CU, especially the HC and his kids, I think Travis Hunter is very, very good but awfully mouthy and he pushes off more than Omari.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I wish we'd change ours up a bit. The song that is obviously Gary Glitter but made to not sounds like Gary Glitter is so stale and played out, and doesn't do anything to hype people up.
this is my first season since '88 I don't have season tickets and can't get to the games, ok I can get there its just a little more of a drive from Las Cruces than it was from Bmore. ;) But I was wondering about the game day experience and the new ribbon boards (did they actually have scores from other games) and if the sound system was improved. Judging by what I heard on TV it was still the same thing and yes it's stale. I know Guido was has been back for the last few years but I haven't been impressed.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
We’ve gone over this a lot in the past. The same cheers, songs, and chants that drive you and the other older fans crazy, are intended to energize the student section and younger crowd because they tend to be louder. So, while you may not like it, it isn’t really intended for you. On the other hand, I loathe Sweet Caroline. It’s the biggest hokey, average white guy BS song there is. Yet, we have to suffer through that every game too. Take the goood with the bad.
My experience, from being there in the past, is that the younger crowd is just as into Sweet Caroline as the "older" group actually maybe more.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
My experience, from being there in the past, is that the younger crowd is just as into Sweet Caroline as the "older" group actually maybe more.

My kids and nieces loved the music and atmosphere - now, they’re ages 7-13, so YMMV. Sweet Caroline was fine, but they got most excited when Chappell Roan’s ‘HOT TO GO!’ played; crowd was into it too. The Ushsr stuff was not as big of a hit….

Last edited:
Reactions: bbrown

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
That was pretty nice. Props to Nebraska.

White out 50 times better.

nothing like 110k singing sweet Caroline, half way there and have you ever seen the rain, I can feel it in the air tonight. Then, we are Penn state… nothing beats it!

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
We’ve gone over this a lot in the past. The same cheers, songs, and chants that drive you and the other older fans crazy, are intended to energize the student section and younger crowd because they tend to be louder. So, while you may not like it, it isn’t really intended for you. On the other hand, I loathe Sweet Caroline. It’s the biggest hokey, average white guy BS song there is. Yet, we have to suffer through that every game too. Take the goood with the bad.
The mic man was stupid when I was a student too. It's terrible.

Ceasar

Oct 7, 2021
this is my first season since '88 I don't have season tickets and can't get to the games, ok I can get there its just a little more of a drive from Las Cruces than it was from Bmore. ;) But I was wondering about the game day experience and the new ribbon boards (did they actually have scores from other games) and if the sound system was improved. Judging by what I heard on TV it was still the same thing and yes it's stale. I know Guido was has been back for the last few years but I haven't been impressed.
BBrown, just curious, how is Las Cruces? It is on my list of places to visit I would say you made a very wise move! :D

Waaaaaaaany

Oct 13, 2021
The new ribbon boards were not operating

NewEra 2014

Oct 12, 2021
I was at the game in Nebraska yesterday. They did some very cool stuff between the third and fourth quarters as well, including a mini drone show. I will try to post later if I can find a video of it.

Reactions: Midnighter

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
BBrown, just curious, how is Las Cruces? It is on my list of places to visit I would say you made a very wise move! :D
I am loving it. Got here in June so it was hot and some dust storms and even when its 100º its not bad, morning and evenings are very nice. Its been gorgeous here for the last 3 weeks. It is the desert but the elevation helps keep it cooler than say the Mojave or Sonoran. The biking and hiking is off the charts good and the mountains and skies are impressive. Its a very easy small city to get around and traffic is not an issue, although they do run red lights like I've never seen. Lots to see and do. White Sands is only about 30-45 minutes and the Chile Festival in Hatch was fun. Food is spotty. Some great New Mexican and Mexican food but kind of lacking in other areas. El Paso is about 45 minutes away and does have some excellent restaurants and the El Paso airport is very, very easy.
Thanks, I agree.

Reactions: Midnighter

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Spoiled little child Shadeur Sanders left the field with 2 mins to go in the game after getting pulled and then threw his oline under the bus in his post game presser

Link

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Spoiled little child Shadeur Sanders left the field with 2 mins to go in the game after getting pulled and then threw his oline under the bus in his post game presser

Link

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

NewEra 2014

Oct 12, 2021
Here is the Nebraska drone show that I mentioned earlier. The 1994 reference was maddening, but otherwise it was quite impressive.

Ceasar

Oct 7, 2021
I am loving it. Got here in June so it was hot and some dust storms and even when its 100º its not bad, morning and evenings are very nice. Its been gorgeous here for the last 3 weeks. It is the desert but the elevation helps keep it cooler than say the Mojave or Sonoran. The biking and hiking is off the charts good and the mountains and skies are impressive. Its a very easy small city to get around and traffic is not an issue, although they do run red lights like I've never seen. Lots to see and do. White Sands is only about 30-45 minutes and the Chile Festival in Hatch was fun. Food is spotty. Some great New Mexican and Mexican food but kind of lacking in other areas. El Paso is about 45 minutes away and does have some excellent restaurants and the El Paso airport is very, very easy.
Thanks, I agree.
Sounds awesome, my friend!

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Maybe so, but it’s still a hokey song. The point is, it’s all subjective. My distaste for Sweet Caroline is mine and I realize others like it. So, while the “older” folks can complain about the music and atmosphere, it isn’t going to change because they are complaining.

Last edited:

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
The mic man was stupid when I was a student too. It's terrible.
You probably wouldn’t think so if that was your kid and they were getting scholarship money to do it. Plus, pretty much every school in the country has some form of the same thing.

slwlion01

Jul 24, 2023
Gotta love a Psu Lb . He learned a ton from JoePa. ]Go Matt:)

maypole

Aug 26, 2023
I like Sweet Caroline. Different strokes for different folks.

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
You probably wouldn’t think so if that was your kid and they were getting scholarship money to do it. Plus, pretty much every school in the country has some form of the same thing.
So 2 people like it, that's sweet. Parents aren't objective about anything regarding their kids anyway.

Reactions: Omar81

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
We’ve gone over this a lot in the past. The same cheers, songs, and chants that drive you and the other older fans crazy, are intended to energize the student section and younger crowd because they tend to be louder. So, while you may not like it, it isn’t really intended for you. On the other hand, I loathe Sweet Caroline. It’s the biggest hokey, average white guy BS song there is. Yet, we have to suffer through that every game too. Take the good with the bad.
Get off my lawn huh? Isn’t that hypocritical. From what I see the kids in the student section love Sweet Caroline.

Reactions: bbrown and Bosco2