FC/OT: Nebraska unveils Osborne Legacy Complex…

Blair10

Nov 14, 2021
FACILITIES!!!!

Thank you for sharing. This facility is a nice legacy for former Nebraska head coach Dr. Tom Osborne. Along with the legendary Bob Devaney, Osborne put together some monster teams over a 30 year period.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
I dunno. Not that long ago Dabo's Funhouse was the envy of all. Now?
I got a tour of the Lasch building about 15 years ago. I was amazed how nice it was. Not just the weight room, team rooms, and nutrition area but also academic areas including computer lab and tutors. They had a big video game area with big screen TVs.

$100m+ in renovations later show how clueless I was. It was obviously grossly deficient and I didn't even realize it.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I got a tour of the Lasch building about 15 years ago. I was amazed how nice it was. Not just the weight room, team rooms, and nutrition area but also academic areas including computer lab and tutors. They had a big video game area with big screen TVs.

$100m+ in renovations later show how clueless I was. It was obviously grossly deficient and I didn't even realize it.

I sure hope to hell those academic areas were removed in one of the recent renovations. They only hurt recruiting.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
I sure hope to hell those academic areas were removed in one of the recent renovations. They only hurt recruiting.
Back then they told me that each player was required to spend a minimum of 10 hours per week in supervised study. Maybe this was because they cared about education or maybe they just wanted to keep kids eligible. Either way it sounded like a good thing. I wonder if they still do that.

pendal1

Sep 1, 2024

Same here. I went around 2011 when I did that stupid One Team ****. I thought Lasch was a dump. Paint chipping all over the place. Dirty carpets and my high school has a nice meeting room and my high school didn't have a nice meeting room. I loved Joe but the facilities needed a lot of work.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Maybe, maybe not. The real issue is that neither team got the chance to prove it. Then, as now, the people running college football had their heads fully inserted up their asses.
Not even close. Penn State alternated fullbacks so all “12” of the starters on offense were drafted and/or played in the NFL. The pollsters dropped Penn State from No 1 the week that it beat OSU 63-14. Had to make sure Osbourne got his sympathy natty. The irony is that Nebraska’s 1995 team was the best team in the country.

Reactions: PSU87 and pendal1

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Debt? Last I heard, we were up to $55 MM in donations towards the magic number of $700 MM. 😀
I certainly appreciate the generosity of those donors, but do you believe those pledges are all going to be paid immediately....or that the contractors building the stadium will wait until they are to be paid?

Reactions: BobPSU92

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I certainly appreciate the generosity of those donors, but do you believe those pledges are all going to be paid immediately....or that the contractors building the stadium will wait until they are to be paid?

No dump truck of cash on the Old Main lawn?

If not, then:

Neeli: ira, thanks for the $10 MM, but could you please up the ante to cover the interest?

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
No dump truck of cash on the Old Main lawn?

If not, then:

Neeli: ira, thanks for the $10 MM, but could you please up the ante to cover the interest?
Will be interesting to watch Boom Boom manage the cash flow on this project. I'm sure that Brandon Short will be a key advisor.

• Love
Reactions: BobPSU92

Latest posts