FC: Russian wrestlers boycotting Paris olympics

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Sorry, Greg did post in the seeds thread. Delete if desired.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Sorry, Greg did post in the seeds thread. Delete if desired.
It's OK. It's a big enough deal to bounce out. I suppose it isn't a terribly surprising outcome after the three were disqualified. Still, it tarnishes the competition in my mind without question.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I suppose it isn't a terribly surprising outcome after the three were disqualified. Still, it tarnishes the competition in my mind without question.
it tarnishes any medals but also makes the path to medals much easier.

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
The IOC opened the door for them to wrestle, all they had to do was deny any connections to the war.

There may have been a few Ukrainians who wanted to make the Olympics but were blown up by missiles?

I suppose if the wrestlers denounced the war they were headed to the front?

Reactions: Tgar and BVSt.Paul

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
What happens to their spots? Do wrestlers who hadn’t qualified previously now get to participate?

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
I understand the politics and I also understand the field will be weaker without the Russians. Maybe some will see the medal winners as undeserving. But if the Russians choose not to participate, that's not the fault of those who do show up. No Russians?? Oh well. The winners will have won over the competition which was there. There will be nothing undeserving about that.

BVSt.Paul

Oct 12, 2021
The IOC opened the door for them to wrestle, all they had to do was deny any connections to the war.

There may have been a few Ukrainians who wanted to make the Olympics but were blown up by missiles?

I suppose if the wrestlers denounced the war they were headed to the front?
….or accidentally falling out of a window.

Last edited:

watoos

Oct 31, 2021
Another sad day for the Olympics, IMO. The Olympics are better when everyone competes.
Russia has been given too many free rides, with doping and now this. This have competed under 3 different flags to allow them to participate. RUS -ROC -AIN

StickEm

Oct 30, 2021
I am not defending Russia or their misguided war with Ukraine which is disgusting. However. The Olympics aren’t at their best when the best athletes don’t compete. I don’t believe PEDs have anything to do with the Russians that weren’t allowed to compete. IMO, this is purely political.

Reactions: Got GSPs

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
I see Russian military attacked a children’s hospital today.

they should never ever be allowed to participate in the Olympics again.

Never, stinking ever.

Bosco2

Oct 25, 2021
I see Russian military attacked a children’s hospital today.

they should never ever be allowed to participate in the Olympics again.

Never, stinking ever.
Don't worry, the UN's got this.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login