First Qtr Gone, Game thread, MSU at UPig

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
can't wait to hear @patbradley22's take on this...seriously, he tells it like it is

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
Cam Matthews is a grown man! 💪.
Huge win, and another opportunity for a huge resume boost on Wednesday !
Pack the hump!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We made our last 8 free throws. We typically would miss 4 of those. That was the difference as well as the dunk by Tolu and the bang miss and put back by Matthews.

Matthews not fouling out with 4 fouls was YUGE.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Wasn’t pretty in the 2nd half. Thought Jans could have called a couple of TOs to stop momentum but he trusted his team.

we had some crazy shots that went in during the 2nd half when Arkansas decided they were taking away the paint. They can be a bit sloppy with the dribbling at times but I really like the 2 man game that Davis and Moore use with Tolu when we really need a score.

Reactions: onewoof

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I feel like anytime there is such a giant margin in fouls the refs should be flagged for internal review. The imbalance makes no sense if they are calling things equally.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Jans radio postgame; “please, please, the fans who are holding tickets and can’t make it to the game get in touch with us. Call us, Email us, anything so we can get your tickets in other Miss State fans hands.”
What about the fans that come dressed as empty seats?

Reactions: HailStateTate

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Jans radio postgame; “please, please, the fans who are holding tickets and can’t make it to the game get in touch with us. Call us, Email us, anything so we can get your tickets in other Miss State fans hands.”
KY fans will certainly fill empty seats, but they might be less inclined to do so on a weekday game way down in Mississippi. If they do, most will likely come from Memphis. Heck, we might even pick up a few Memphis fans that still hate Calapari and hope to see him go down in flames again.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Ricky Council had 37 minutes, one basket and 13 points. He's averaging 17 points a game. Who was covering that guy?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That is a technical foul 99.9% of the time in college ball. What’s the 0.1% of the time that it’s not you ask? When refs are scared of the home crowd’s reaction
Yall need to learn what it means to spike a ball. Black jumped around in disagreement and bounced the ball between his legs as he jumped away in frustration. The ball didn't even reach 5' off the ground after he bounced it.

It was an overreaction by Black. The foul wasn't on him though. There are 0 times where I want that to be a technical. The ball doesn't even reach Black's shoulders.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Thank Sports God for Jans, Zelman and Arnett. Anyone selling their STATE tickets to KY needs to be shot on site.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I forgot, @ UPIG everything and I mean every 17'n thing is a foul on the visitor.
A different perspectiv.

From a upigg fan: “I have already counted 40 bad calls in this game with 90% going against the hawgs”. Amazing how that works.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Some of you experts share if you will how long it's been since we got a win with of that magnitude during a regular season.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Big win, for sure. The Dawgs played great - even in the second half as Arkie was trying to mount their comeback. We had some hiccups that they made us pay for, but they are a good team. Still, we looked better yesterday throughout the entire game

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Couple of weeks ago vs TCU.

eta: …but I’m no expert.
It is so much tougher to win on the road in college basketball. I think we were actually favored to beat TCU, or we were at least only 1-2 point underdogs. I think this Arkansas win is by far our biggest win of the season and biggest win in several years. Howland’s teams never won road games against anyone with a pulse. NCAA Tournament teams win road games against quality opponents. We proved that we can do that. We’re in a good position now as long as we take care of business at home.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Faculty-Staff section will be full of Blue
Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Big win, for sure. The Dawgs played great - even in the second half as Arkie was trying to mount their comeback. We had some hiccups that they made us pay for, but they are a good team. Still, we looked better yesterday throughout the entire game
And by mounting their comeback, we’re of course talking about the refs handing them 16 FTs over a 12 minute period in the 2nd half. It’s hilarious to thing about Hog fans feeling like they got cheated, but I wouldn’t expect anything else

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login