Florida message board is glorious

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We dodged a bullet not hiring Napier. He wouldn’t have lasted any longer at Mississippi State than he’ll last at Florida.
I mean Moorhead wasn't great either. Leach was but he unfortunately died to soon when we were finally built in his system and Keenum and company burned the program to the ground with Arnett snd company. So I can't say our program is in a much better place right now. Hopefully lebby can get things back on track and going back upward.

Reactions: 85Bears

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009
He can’t maintain what he’s built at Ole Miss. This season will be his peak, then he’ll revert back to the upper end of their median. Ole Miss may have some means, but they don’t have Florida’s means. At Florida, he could have sustained success.
This. He was smart to get into the portal early, but OM can't outbid the bigger/richer programs when they decide to go all-in. He won't be able to get players that they also want.

Reactions: Dawgg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I mean Moorhead wasn't great either. Leach was but he unfortunately died to soon when we were finally built in his system and Keenum and company burned the program to the ground with Arnett snd company. So I can't say our program is in a much better place right now. Hopefully lebby can get things back on track and going back upward.
Agree.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He can’t maintain what he’s built at Ole Miss. This season will be his peak, then he’ll revert back to the upper end of their median. Ole Miss may have some means, but they don’t have Florida’s means. At Florida, he could have sustained success.
Exactly. Lane is no dummy. If he can get the Florida job, he’s gone.

Reactions: Dawgg

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Well, he’s after Byrne & before Templeton by default. So far, he’s about even with Cohen, (better in fundraising, but equally bad at marketing & so far no track record of good coaching hires (although no disasters either & Cohens had plenty of both).
“Bad at marketing”?

Do you not h e social media?? Our athletic department has finally embraced social media, fund raising, marketing, etc. we are light years ahead of anything Stricklin or Cohen ever thought about doing.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Last season is a great example of waiting too long to replace a AD. As soon as **** head was gone, the powers that be should have been bring guys in to be AD.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Somewhere on an Ole Miss board someone posted “the MSU message board is glorious“ what with the panic setting in with each Kiffin win.
Exactly. I think it’s safe to say he’s staying put until he isn’t. We will never know. I think he learned from the Au debacle and will play his cards smarter. I wish everyone would just put his future to rest at the moment. He has a playoff team and I promise you he didn’t build this one for sabotage. He has dirt invested and seems to be thriving exactly where he currently resides.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Exactly. I think it’s safe to say he’s staying put until he isn’t. We will never know. I think he learned from the Au debacle and will play his cards smarter. I wish everyone would just put his future to rest at the moment. He has a playoff team and I promise you he didn’t build this one for sabotage. He has dirt invested and seems to be thriving exactly where he currently resides.
I could see OM tacking on extra years to his contract in exchange for the utopia of a natty or playoff the next 6-12 months……all while dropping his buyout by half.
I think they know this is it and part of going all in would be to see Lane locked up without immediate fan panic or donor subtraction.

PR 101

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login