Florida message board is glorious

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
We all give Loaferz hell but he really just continued what Byrne had started. He tried some things that ruffled the blue hairs feathers, some worked , some didn't. I'd take him over Templton or Cohen any day of the week. Jury is still out on Selmon.
Besides Vic what did he do? Rick Ray by itself is almost unforgivable. Besides that look at what he’s done at Florida. His predecessor has national championships in the big 3, multiple national championships in smaller sports as well. Stricklin has 0 in eight years. Stricklin hires are going to produce more losing seasons in 8 years than UF football had in the previous 35. He can come be an assistant AD leading marketing and fundraising, but he has absolutely no say in coaching hires. This is why you don’t have cheerleaders evaluate coaches.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
We all give Loaferz hell but he really just continued what Byrne had started. He tried some things that ruffled the blue hairs feathers, some worked , some didn't. I'd take him over Templton or Cohen any day of the week. Jury is still out on Selmon.
Byrne —> Selmon —> Stricklen —> Cohen —> Templeton

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I wonder if we’ve seen the end, or beginning of the end, of endless coach salary inflation. $9MM may be enough to keep him there a long time.
I think we’re close. I think the salaries can keep going up some, but the huge guarantees are getting to the limit of what schools can swallow I think.

Florida would sign up to pay kiffin $60M over 6 years tomorrow. But you throw $30M buyout on top of that and it gets hard for a public university to do that, even if it’s booster money.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yep, except Selmon still doesn't have enough record to place anywhere.
Well, he’s after Byrne & before Templeton by default. So far, he’s about even with Cohen, (better in fundraising, but equally bad at marketing & so far no track record of good coaching hires (although no disasters either & Cohens had plenty of both).

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
If Florida really wants him, there’s nothing they can do.
It’s less about FL wanting him and more about what he wants. If he just wanted out of Oxford he would’ve taken Auburn.

Although, the meltdown in both Oxford, and on Rocky Top would warm my heart.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
It’s less about FL wanting him and more about what he wants. If he just wanted out of Oxford he would’ve taken Auburn.

Here is a really good article on Kiffin. It answered some questions I had about Kiffin/OM/Auburn.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I think Sunbelt Billy just had his 'kick rocks' moment during his press conference today:

Just said In the presser “we don’t care about what people in the basement in rural central Florida say”

Did he really say that?? 😮 😮

Holy ****. That'll go over like a hookuh in chutch...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If Florida really wants him, there’s nothing they can do.
Shadow And Bone Shut Up GIF by NETFLIX

They live in another world; don't tell.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
With what Kiffin has built at Ole Miss he would be a fool to go to toxic Florida.
He can’t maintain what he’s built at Ole Miss. This season will be his peak, then he’ll revert back to the upper end of their median. Ole Miss may have some means, but they don’t have Florida’s means. At Florida, he could have sustained success.

Reactions: patdog and MedDawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If I'm Lane, I'm only leaving for Texas, USC, Bama, UGA or TOSU. Other than those, I'm having Jimmy Sexton work on NFL jobs.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Auburn is not Florida. There is a reason Florida has had multiple championships in football, basketball, and baseball. Florida may not be what its fans think, but they are a hell of a lot closer to that than Auburn is to what its fans think Auburn is.

if Kiffin went to Auburn, he would have guaranteed himself to never coach at a true blue blood. Florida is pretty much a. True blue blood. Maybe not the money that Texas schools can throw around, but access to talent that can only probably be rivaled by lsu and Georgia.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Auburn is not Florida. There is a reason Florida has had multiple championships in football, basketball, and baseball. Florida may not be what its fans think, but they are a hell of a lot closer to that than Auburn is to what its fans think Auburn is.

if Kiffin went to Auburn, he would have guaranteed himself to never coach at a true blue blood. Florida is pretty much a. True blue blood. Maybe not the money that Texas schools can throw around, but access to talent that can only probably be rivaled by lsu and Georgia.
Florida can be as blue blood as they want to be. Just have to meet the culture, like anywhere else. Speed, speed, speed, and beach life, and a little smart asss. Kiffin is the perfect fit. There is pressure, but if you want to be big time, you have to step up

Urban didn’t fit this, but Urban is a unicorn, who can win anywhere. Which is why he burns out so quickly.

The only thing stopping this is if Ole Miss goes 11-1 or 10-2. Because if they make the playoff it’ll be hard to pull him. Remember, portal crootin is happening at that very moment.

We need them to be 8-3 going into the Egg Bowl, right off a beating of coachless Florida. Best case scenario.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Florida can be as blue blood as they want to be. Just have to meet the culture, like anywhere else. Speed, speed, speed, and beach life, and a little smart asss. Kiffin is the perfect fit. There is pressure, but if you want to be big time, you have to step up

Urban didn’t fit this, but Urban is a unicorn, who can win anywhere. Which is why he burns out so quickly.

The only thing stopping this is if Ole Miss goes 11-1 or 10-2. Because if they make the playoff it’ll be hard to pull him. Remember, portal crootin is happening at that very moment.

We need them to be 8-3 going into the Egg Bowl, right off a beating of coachless Florida. Best case scenario.
I don’t know, the better year Kiffin has the more money Florida will throw at him and the more their fans will want him. he’s a good fit for Florida. I think he goes to Florida. Ole Miss fans are making all kinds of stupid claims that their Program is as good as Florida’s. no it is not.

Reactions: MedDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t know, the better year Kiffin has the more money Florida will throw at him and the more their fans will want him. he’s a good fit for Florida. I think he goes to Florida. Ole Miss fans are making all kinds of stupid claims that their Program is as good as Florida’s. no it is not.
They have to hope they lose the first playoff game. The calendar conflicts so much. I’m afraid they may go in another direction if he’s preoccupied with games. Similar to Les Miles and Michigan in 2007.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Somewhere on an Ole Miss board someone posted “the MSU message board is glorious“ what with the panic setting in with each Kiffin win.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They have to hope they lose the first playoff game. The calendar conflicts so much. I’m afraid they may go in another direction if he’s preoccupied with games. Similar to Les Miles and Michigan in 2007.
They have to get into the playoff first. Of course, if they don’t they may not have to worry about someone poaching their coach. But I don’t think the schedule would stop him or them.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Should be a third strike on Loaferz. Hiring Mullen, who didn’t work, firing Mullen who probably would have worked, Bubba Napier.

None of that makes sense but it’s proof that Strickland doesn’t know what he’s doing.
Maybe it's just Florida? Of course loafers flew too close to the sun. I'm surprised he didn't get canned for the basketball related off the court stuff.
I have to say I was dead wrong on Billy. I thought he would be great at msu or in sec with his background and what he was doing at ULL. Then again it could just be Florida and Billy could have work in Starkville. Never know. I think we have something in Lebby I've liked what I've seen through one off season and one game and not just recruiting and the plays but things like action, discipline, doing little things right. I watched him a lot on the sidelines constantly coaching. I think if he can get the defense squared away, we will be pleased. Want to see how we do with in game adjustments next week

patdog

May 28, 2007
Maybe it's just Florida? Of course loafers flew too close to the sun. I'm surprised he didn't get canned for the basketball related off the court stuff.
I have to say I was dead wrong on Billy. I thought he would be great at msu or in sec with his background and what he was doing at ULL. Then again it could just be Florida and Billy could have work in Starkville. Never know. I think we have something in Lebby I've liked what I've seen through one off season and one game and not just recruiting and the plays but things like action, discipline, doing little things right. I watched him a lot on the sidelines constantly coaching. I think if he can get the defense squared away, we will be pleased. Want to see how we do with in game adjustments next week
We dodged a bullet not hiring Napier. He wouldn’t have lasted any longer at Mississippi State than he’ll last at Florida.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Mississippi State is definitely different than Florida. I wish Danny had realized that. Coach ego n shlt, they don’t factor in things like fit, they think they can win anywhere, anyplace, anytime.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login