Footage released on CNN for those of you waiting on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TilloDawg II

Dec 13, 2022
The overhead video will be the story....impossible to see much from these first 3 so far....they did say more than once he had his hands on somebody's gun

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The part that I don't think was touched on in the previous thread, that turned out to highly matter, was Memphis put in a "duty to intervene" requirement on its cops after the murder of George Floyd. Every cop there had a duty to stop the beating. They didn't. That's why the firings came so quickly.

That, and the investigation was handled by the state, not the same local PD. Both of these reforms were key pieces of proposals from BLM.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I watched the first 2 videos WMC released. A few seconds clip of the sky cop clip, and the initial stop. Had to stop watching after that. There’s no defending those guys.

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
I saw enough. I know he ran but the police had him detained. They didn't need to proceed to beat the crap out of him. And the EMTs provided no aid whatsoever.

Reactions: vandaldawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
There is no excuse for the brutality there, they had him subdued. That being said my Dad sat me down once, now mind you we are rural police supporting types not likely to ever have many encounters with cops, and told me if the cops ever stop you do EXACTLY what they tell you to do, even if you think you have done nothing wrong. That was 40 some odd years ago. Good advice then and good advice now.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Something is afoul with this whole thing. I wonder just how deep into these 5 cops the DA is willing to go. Like maybe they were all dirty and this guy knew more than they wanted him to have filed away. Just strange that they would beat the guy to death over a simple traffic stop.

Reactions: msdawg90

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
Something is afoul with this whole thing. I wonder just how deep into these 5 cops the DA is willing to go. Like maybe they were all dirty and this guy knew more than they wanted him to have filed away. Just strange that they would beat the guy to death over a simple traffic stop.
Rumor has it that he was involved with an officers wife

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Toxicology report should be interesting...
I dont care if he was positive for everything. The cops behavior during the initial encounter was insane. And punching a man over and over in the head who is already handcuffed until he collapses is pure evil. And there is nothing in any report that indicates he was on drugs. He was scared shitless And acted irrationally because of it. If a soldier walked into battle and started shooting without provocation no one would say how great he is just because he’s a soldier.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
There is no excuse for the brutality there, they had him subdued. That being said my Dad sat me down once, now mind you we are rural police supporting types not likely to ever have many encounters with cops, and told me if the cops ever stop you do EXACTLY what they tell you to do, even if you think you have done nothing wrong. That was 40 some odd years ago. Good advice then and good advice now.
I’m willing to bet no one posting on here tonight has ever been treated by cops like he was during the initial encounter

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
“Not good or perfect”???? Jesus, man. They beat a restrained man to death. If it was your kid and i said “Well they were cranked up by then” after you watched that video what would you say to me?
I think he died three days later, what does the autopsy say?

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Your statement in no way has anything to do with his post. What he posted is what should have happened and this entire ordeal probably wouldn't exist. Your post is nothing but drama queen BS trying to stir the pot with nonsensical horseshit
It has everything to do with it. His post was textbook victim blaming. It’s no different than blaming a girl who gets raped because she drank too much. A man was killed. A 29 year old father. The rush to make him the bad guy is astounding. Even after the video of him getting beat to death while handcuffed is released.

TilloDawg II

Dec 13, 2022
Right....
Fear for your life is a hell of a drug.
Right....let's wait and see, boss. Fear don't let you resist arrest and not be handcuffed by 5 cops, or get pepper sprayed point blank and let you just wipe it off your face like a bead of sweat. Drugs do.
2 or 3 of the cops wrestling with him said he was definitely on something and 2 of them said he was trying to grab an officer's gun. If true, even deadly force would be a legitimate tactic.

Reactions: msdawg90

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Who here thinks the cop acted appropriately during the initial encounter. Not him. the cops. Quit saying he escalated It. Those cops were the ones acting like they were on drugs.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Right....

Right....let's wait and see, boss. Fear don't let you resist arrest and not be handcuffed by 5 cops, or get pepper sprayed point blank and let you just wipe it off your face like a bead of sweat. Drugs do.
2 or 3 of the cops wrestling with him said he was definitely on something and 2 of them said he was trying to grab an officer's gun. If true, even deadly force would be a legitimate tactic.
Once again, after he was handcuffed?

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
It has everything to do with it. His post was textbook victim blaming. It’s no different than blaming a girl who gets raped because she drank too much. A man was killed. A 29 year old father. The rush to make him the bad guy is astounding. Even after the video of him getting beat to death while handcuffed is released.
Nobody is blaming the victim. The outcome was not warranted. I'm sure all agree with that. However, your odds of bad **** happening to you greatly increase when you resist and run. Again, so we're clear, his actions did not deserve the beating in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login