For the Jackson metro people - Fenians is closing**

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I am shocked who could possibly see this coming? I mean the food is awful. The service is so bad there really is not a word to describe it. Plus the overall building looks like it is covered in a layer of filth.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am shocked who could possibly see this coming? I mean the food is awful. The service is so bad there really is not a word to describe it. Plus the overall building looks like it is covered in a layer of filth.
Sounds like a shopping mall food court in hell.*******

patdog

May 28, 2007
Man, I haven't eaten there in probably 10 years. Used to be really good.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I can not be the only one on here that hated that place. I am so happy to see it go. Plus their staff was the worst and most arrogant bunch of ******** that have ever called themselves bar tenders. All I could think anytime I was ever dragged there was instead of making jokes and trying to be cool how about actually picking up a rag and cleaning this nasty place? I can not imagine anyone ever eating the food from Fenians. I mean come on look how nasty the place is I would have to assume the kitchen looks the same way.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Used to go there in the late 80s/early 90s before it was Fenian's (old age is making me forget the former name). We loved going there back then.

I've had no interest in going since a good friend of mine was stabbed there in the early 00s. Having grown up in Belhaven, I knew what a hellhole that area has been the last 35-40 years. I'm shocked it's stayed open this long.

Last edited:
Reactions: She Mate Me

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
The last few time I was there (over ten years ago now), we were disappointed in the service, food, and the atmosphere. I remember enjoying at one point way back in my more sociable days.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Used to go there in the late 80s/early 90s before it was Fenian's (old age is making me forget the former name). We loved going there back then.

I've had no interest in going since a good friend of mine was stabbed there in the early 00s. Having grown up in Belhaven, I knew what a hellhole that area has been the last 35-40 years. I'm shocked it's stayed open this long.
was it Christos Deli? i been trying to remember myself... they used to have a train on elevated tracks that ran around the bar area at the top of each hour... we used to go on Monday nights for Monday Night Football drink deals... i won a picture of beer one time... i think that s the only thing i have ever won in my life..

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I can not be the only one on here that hated that place. I am so happy to see it go. Plus their staff was the worst and most arrogant bunch of ******** that have ever called themselves bar tenders. All I could think anytime I was ever dragged there was instead of making jokes and trying to be cool how about actually picking up a rag and cleaning this nasty place? I can not imagine anyone ever eating the food from Fenians. I mean come on look how nasty the place is I would have to assume the kitchen looks the same way.

You'll get no disagreement here. But considering the restaurant scene in Jackson, this is a loss, because I doubt it gets replaced by an improvement.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
was it Christos Deli? i been trying to remember myself... they used to have a train on elevated tracks that ran around the bar area at the top of each hour... we used to go on Monday nights for Monday Night Football drink deals... i won a picture of beer one time... i think that s the only thing i have ever won in my life..
Yep, Christos it was. Thank you!

Reactions: drexeldog23

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Having no idea how this part of Jackson is how ****** of an area is this?

Ers236

Oct 5, 2023
This is in the belhaven area, patrolled now by capitol police. I go a few times a month and don't feel scared. gas station across the street is sketch

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Where is the thumbs down guy

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
A sad day.

Their Shepherd’s Pie, Chicken Curry, Curry Poutine, and Scotch Eggs were solid menu options.

The chef there is legit talented. The area has deteriorated badly and the clientele is almost a 180 from 15 years ago. Hate to see it go although I haven’t been there in a while.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
And if you’re keeping score, while Chef Hunter is doing the Lord’s work to reopen the Mayflower, Jodi’s Daquiri bar just had a mass shooting across the street…

Reactions: ZombieKissinger

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
For Jxn, one of the better areas. You wouldn't want to walk around at night, but if you keep a high degree of situational awareness, you'll probably be fine.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
I enjoyed Fenian's when I lived in Jackson.

I guess that is the real issue: Jackson itself can't keep people.

There are a ton of issues why Jackson can’t keep people that aren’t conducive to business. I have several friends that own restaurants in Jackson & 1 major issue is cc fraud. It’s an issue everywhere but esp Jackson because there is no fear of being caught & prosecuted in Hinds Co. I had someone in Jackson print out fake checks for our business and started burning them up all over town. She used her ID to do it so JPD knew who she was and where she was but wouldn’t pick her up. Detectives wouldn’t even come to me. We had to meet them in a gas station parking lot on south Jackson to sign paperwork. I don’t think she had any legal recourse and we had to go through the motions more for the bank’s fraud reimbursement requirements. 1 prominent restauranteur had to change his to-go order payment policy because he was getting scammed so often by Jacksonians. It’s almost a non issue in Rankin & Madison Co

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
Once an ole miss trust fund baby threatened me there and I my best to throw him over the balcony into Jefferson street. Luckily, some folks intervened when I got him to the rail. The prick 17 def would have sued.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
And if you’re keeping score, while Chef Hunter is doing the Lord’s work to reopen the Mayflower, Jodi’s Daquiri bar just had a mass shooting across the street…
If referring to the Jody Owen's (the Hinds Co DA) owned Daiquiri bar, that one is a couple blocks away near the Clarion Ledger.

The Daiquiri Bar where the shooting took place (and voluntary closed) is at the same intersection as the Mayflower and Federal Building.

Reactions: FreeDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Once an ole miss trust fund baby threatened me there and I my best to throw him over the balcony into Jefferson street. Luckily, some folks intervened when I got him to the rail. The prick 17 def would have sued.

Well, yeah, most people would...

Reactions: Ers236

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I enjoyed Fenian's when I lived in Jackson.

I guess that is the real issue: Jackson itself can't keep people.
Several restaurants manage to thrive in that neighborhood… but truth is, there really isn’t an area of Jackson I’d consider to be immune from something happening. However, I don’t think that’s the problem with this place. Last several times I’ve been in there have been awful.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login