Free Throw shooting bitching has ended, now 2-3 zone

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
If anyone is bitching about the 2-3 zone, they didn't watch the game. The 2-3 worked just like Stans had hoped, out offense is what damn near lost the game.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
Coming out in the 2-3 prolly kept us close in the 1/2 half. Props to that terrible floor coach Stans.

Oh oh I know....Jamoney faulin' out at the end of reg'lashun time.

Aug 29, 2004
Yeah, it worked alright....it slowed down USC and us. The zone killed the flow of the game and took us out of our offense too. I'm not complaining about a win but I think we could have also beaten USC by playing man to man and it would have been a "prettier" win.

Quote:_________________________________________________If anyone is bitching about the 2-3 zone, they didn't watch the game. The 2-3 worked just like Stans had hoped, out offense is what damn near lost the game. _________________________________________________

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
you haven't watched Carolina much. Downey has eaten man-to-man defenses alive - he's one of the best penetrating guards in the league, and that has created lots of wide open looks for his teammates. Our zone stopped his penetration, and greatly limited their open looks. Downey got his points, but wasn't able to distribute much.

patdog

May 28, 2007
See my earlier post. Stans said on his TV show that we played man for 1 possession. It took their PG about 5 seconds to drive past everybody and score. Screw the "pretty win." I'll take the win we got in hand over the pretty win in the bush.

Aug 30, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________it would have been a "prettier" win._________________________________________________
And we all know how important "pretty" wins are to the NCAA selection committee. Holy ****.......I can't believe I even had to just type that first sentence.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
Saw that hot butcher knife thru warm butter. Of course, we COULDA put Hans on him and prolly had him foul out.

THAT'S A GREAT IDEA, PLAY MAN AND PUT HANS ON HIM AND WE'D BEAT 14 POINTS. I'm friggin jeanuhz

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login