Freezus’ return

Dec 23, 2017
Obviously Jimmy Rane told Mr Cohen to get Freeze. John is doing exactly what he was hired to do - TAKE ORDERS. Hire a coach that can beat bammer is the first requirement.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Watching Freeze beat Ole Miss next year will be so much fun. The only way to make that scenario better would be for Lane to then leave to a new job afterward. No Freeze and no Kiffin in Oxford, while having to play against Freeze every season is the OM nightmare scenario.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I spoke to a “reliable” source yesterday and he said that Freeze is heating up and Lane was happy to get raise and wait out the jobs coming open next year..,,Tam and possibly Bama.

Well, he certainly needed that raise. No way a guy should be expected to live on $7.5M/year.

jakldawg

May 1, 2006
I bet he cries in the press conference though. Full mea culpa right into his personal redemption story.
I can just hear Reese Davis saying "Our Gene Wojciechowski has more" followed by a tinkling piano intro to a soft focus shot of a practice field.
Nauseating.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm still rooting for Kiffin to leave to watch the reaction by Ole Miss fans.
That would be something awesome but I think he's gonna wait another year. It may be the best thing for us in the long run. Can you imagine Freezus and Auburn? I know the NIL has killed a lot of cheating, but between those two they'll figure out a way. If Auburn really want to prove something and start another great program, they would have not looked at either one of these coaches because in my opinion, they're both trash.

DesertDawg

Feb 13, 2017
If the rumors about the side pieces and who they were for are true wouldn’t the SEC/Auburn worry about that being brought back to light?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Ole Miss needs to spend some money on a social media screener for Kiffin. How tone deaf must one be to post that minutes after news breaks that Auburn is targeting someone else?
lane-kiffin haters.gif

ETA: with Lane Kiffin staying at Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze possibly going to Auburn wouldn't it qualify as Merry Flippmas for MSU?

Last edited:

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
This guy is really bad, auburn hiring a pimp and the $ec allowing it despite what they know about this guy

living in the last days

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Who knew being a candidate for the auburn job was a death sentence for your season. Freeze and Kiffin looking to finish their seasons a combined 1-7

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I spoke to a “reliable” source yesterday and he said that Freeze is heating up and Lane was happy to get raise and wait out the jobs coming open next year..,,Tam and possibly Bama.

OM will be damn fortunate to go 8-4 next year, with their schedule. They will take early season losses next year, like we did this year, and won't be riding in the top 10 3/4 of the year, so his stock won't be nearly as high next year.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Are you implying Freeze didn’t do any of those?
Yea, I forgot about the Memphis H.S. Stuff. Thanks for that reminder. Was thinking about Paterno and Briles when I typed. And wasn't it at The Ohio State where a wife abuser assistant coach was allowed to continue coaching?

Reactions: patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I just had a question pop up. Do y'all think that if not for NIL, Freeze wouldn't be considered? Has past cheating regarding illegal benefits become a non factor thing of the past now that NIL is here? Hiring coaches that had been fired due to getting put on probation was always a hot topic. No schitz given anymore? Seems like it.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
A tweet shown on SEC Nation this morning was claiming Lane’s “family” wanted to stay in Oxford so he was torn on the AU job. What family??? Do his kids live with him or the ex? It’s the perfect OM spin at work there. Absolutely perfect I say!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login