From the premium board - Logos

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
miss piggy muppets GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

maroontide06

Dec 14, 2023
Well the jersey logo for football should be the block "MISS. STATE" and the jersey logo for basketball should be the stacked Mississippi State instead of the arched STATE logo. That thing is goofy as heck.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
7 different logos huh... I don't think that's really how you build a brand, but 17it.. Who are we kidding. We'll never be a household brand anyway.
I don't care as much anymore (mainly because of stuff like this), but yeah, this crap just makes you sick. Our mouthbreathing sector of the fanbase think we're doing something new and getting rid of a bad logo, but in truth, we are being lil ole moo and doing EXACTLY what we've done our whole history, which is continually change shlt like a dog trying to catch its tail. It's maddening. Branding matters, and we can literally do whatever we want with all these uniform logos (with the exception of baseball MS hats), but we REALLY 17ed up by tossing the block-banner M-State. Was a great chance to identify the school, athletics, and 'STATE' all in one, and like others mention, it was 20-years in the making during our most successful athletic run ever. Oh well.

It may have been mediocre, but we by gosh had a recognizable brand for 20 years before Selmon 17ed it up. And honestly, most university logo brands are pretty mediocre.
Not just him, our 'leadership', who unfortunately has begun thinking like many of our fans, pushed this. Cohen was the only thing standing in the way of it - now, with Selmon - well, you see what we've gotten. He does whatever the leadership says.

I challenge you all to look around the identify the people who truly care about MSU, and the folks who just use it for their benefit because it's just what they are. It's a deep-rooted Mississippi issue.

That's my one post about this stupidity.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
&tate is a great logo..... for football teams that get pedicures .

Nike's skinny msu is the Ugliest MSU logo used. Use the 1980s MSU before that. Or 86 MSU.

Here's an idea, someone be 17n creative and come up with a good looking logo that isn't something from the past. &tate is from 1970. Skinny MSU is ...again...1996.

Baseballs MS logo is great.

Reactions: bulldoghair

bdfan09

Aug 20, 2012
I don't see any of those logos on this uniform.

Attachments

• IMG_3690.jpg
    IMG_3690.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 6

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
interlocking MSU on the helmet is my preference BUT if you do &tate script as the main, it has to be the main on football as well due to the # of eyeballs. On the field, on the jerseys, on the stadium. Its not that hard, do what Bama does, consistency instead of all these drastic jarring crazy arse font differences

1720722416892.png 1720722435366.png

That "A" is seen millions of times a month and is on millions of pieces of merch. Make it simple and stop being so crazy with these variations.

Right now we have 3 logos, 1 new &tate and 2 old ones. At some point after impressions of the &tate go up and up, you have to just go to this and be done with the old logos. I fully expect some older fans to cry nonstop about this daily for 30 years, more than the Rebs do about Colonel Reb being permanetly retired:

1720723052777.png

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
interlocking MSU on the helmet is my preference BUT if you do &tate script as the main, it has to be the main on football as well due to the # of eyeballs. On the field, on the jerseys, on the stadium. Its not that hard, do what Bama does, consistency instead of all these drastic jarring crazy arse font differences

View attachment 608139 View attachment 608140

That "A" is seen millions of times a month and is on millions of pieces of merch. Make it simple and stop being so crazy with these variations.

Right now we have 3 logos, 1 new &tate and 2 old ones. At some point after impressions of the &tate go up and up, you have to just go to this and be done with the old logos. I fully expect some older fans to cry nonstop about this daily for 30 years, more than the Rebs do about Colonel Reb being permanetly retired:

View attachment 608148Hit
Bama has the A on the field a stencil number on their helmet.

We had a permanent logo and then some dbags that ruled jeans page (now the premium here) .... and Brian Hadad bitched none stop about our permanent logo.

Clef! tate!

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
It's asinine to make fun of someone who is in your side because their State gear didn't cost a week's paycheck and their bumper sticker is on a Mercedes Benz or a Rolls Royce!

maroontide06

Dec 14, 2023
Bama has the A on the field a stencil number on their helmet.

We had a permanent logo and then some dbags that ruled jeans page (now the premium here) .... and Brian Hadad bitched none stop about our permanent logo.

Clef! tate!
You're right. After looking at onewoof's post above it's a dang treble clef.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
Script State is the way to go. Brand it on the helmets, let Michigan State be "MSU" - we're the real State.

In fact, I just removed the block M State stickers from our cars and replaced with the Script State.

Reactions: RiceDawg
Aug 22, 2012
I prefer the M over S. The script State just is a little too feminine looking for me. Looks out of place on the helmet. Plus the M over S reminds me of our only glory days as state fans. That reason alone is why it should be our only logo. That “baseball only” argument just doesn’t make any sense to me and I love some baseball.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
It may have been mediocre, but we by gosh had a recognizable brand for 20 years before Selmon 17ed it up. And honestly, most university logo brands are pretty mediocre.
Pretty much everyone outside of the southeast doesn’t know the difference between us and OM. So I’ll have to strongly disagree here.

Reactions: Bulldawg77

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

View attachment 608139 View attachment 608140

View attachment 608148
You could put the Atlanta Braves "A" logo, the Alabama one and the Arkansas one side by side in black and white and ask people to identify which is which and I bet a huge majority wouldn't get them right

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I wonder if other fanbases constantly obsess over a logo like ours does. It’s quite the phenomenon
Our fans wouldn't "obsess" over them if the powers that be would just pick ONE and run with it. But since that seems to not be a possibility then it is what it is. I blame it on 17'in Adidas because they want to pump out more Euro looking 3 stripe soccer looking crap every year with different logos

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I like the script on the helmets and on the field. All of the basketball jerseys this season will have the script on them. I think it’s a sharp logo. Many hated the banner M because of Croom. I’d bet that many hate the script because of the first football team that wore it and their performance.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login