Frustrated/Mad....Tweet Salmon

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
Zack didn’t hire JoeMo, Leach and Arnett.
Keenum, Cohen and Bracky did.
I follow Mississippi state athletics lightly and I’m not impressed at all with Sheldon. I feel like he came here, folded his arms, pouted and quit. The university definitely needs to go in another direction if they want to stay afloat in the unfortunate and unnecessary new landscape of college athletics.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
This Is Stupid Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
What had Zac Selmon done for us to hire him? I remember he had some billboard of himself in Los Vegas or something, for promoting some club he was a member of or something. But what has he actually accomplished himself? Serious question

Reactions: patdog

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Can someone tell me, using specific examples, what selmon has done to deserve the hate? And some vague he didn’t hire a certain person for football is not what I’m looking for here because he was hated well before the lebby hire.
No one hated him that I know of before that hire, unless you can give examples that I am u aware of. My question or questions I’m my above comment deserves answers before yours here. Because if im guessing, my questions might answer your questions.

Ludus24

Oct 21, 2023
Can someone tell me, using specific examples, what selmon has done to deserve the hate? And some vague he didn’t hire a certain person for football is not what I’m looking for here because he was hated well before the lebby hire.
He fired all of the good ole boys that a group of our boosters used as "connections" to the athletic department and now they all are upset cause they can't easily get their way that has kept us back for years.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
He fired all of the good ole boys that a group of our boosters used as "connections" to the athletic department and now they all are upset cause they can't easily get their way that has kept us back for years.
If true, this would make a lot of sense.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If true, this would make a lot of sense.
I know someone on the football staff and he said that Selmon cleaned house within the Athletic Department and is hiring new people with no connection to State. Whether that’s good or bad is yet to be determined. He’s definitely closing a lot of leaks.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I know someone on the football staff and he said that Selmon cleaned house within the Athletic Department and is hiring new people with no connection to State. Whether that’s good or bad is yet to be determined. He’s definitely closing a lot of leaks.
Pretty much same story I've heard but that it was a mixture of ones he cleaned out and ones that decided they didn't care for the way things were going so much that they chose to exit, stage left.

patdog

May 28, 2007
1. NIL is still a 17ing disaster after 20 months.
2. Completely mismanaged the baseball situation.
3. Hired his old friend instead of a legitimate search for the best candidate for football.
4. Marketing is somewhat improved over the Cohen neglect, but nowhere near what Byrne & Stricklin were doing.

#1 is by far the biggest problem

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
3. Hired his old friend instead of a legitimate search for the best candidate for football.
4. Marketing is somewhat improved over the Cohen neglect, but nowhere near what Byrne & Stricklin were doing.

All this and I'll add..... Selmon doubled the effort on the awful marketing of a generic sissy baseball logo, started by Cohen.

Also Selmon immediately raised prices on all things, concessions, parking and season ticket seat donations.

With all that said, I don't dislike the guy. Just don't agree with his decisions on a few things.

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I can get on board with #1… although to be honest I’m not exactly sure what needs to be done or how it’s supposed to be done but I agree whatever we are doing does not seem to be up to par.

Im not sure what you mean on the baseball situation? Not firing Lemonis? And football coach, that is a wait and see for me. I was not a fan of the hire and early returns look bad (real bad) but I don’t know that it would have looked good for any coach.