FSU / BC

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Was 11 for 28 passing until that last drive

Spent all of their cash on one QB that sucks

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
How could Norvell be so bad at evaluating qbs ? Their backup Brock would have them in this game A blind man could see dj is horrendous

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
DJ Uiagalelei is overrated. He was going to make everybody forget Trevor Lawrence at Clemson, then he was supposed to blow up at Oregon State. Now he's at his third team in three years. He's not horrible, but he's not the guy who puts a team on his shoulders and wins games.

Reactions: Mr. Cook and patdog

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
For the ESPN app - try logging out and mine sometimes gives me the option to log in with the tv provider or with the app

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Florida State fans should be disgusted. I don't know who played worse tonight, the quarterback or the receivers. This is definitely a dead team walking. I never thought I would feel good after watching our quarterback play when you compare them to one of the top teams. I'm feeling pretty good. Is there anyone else?

Boston College, run it down their throat. I'm sure they're getting Florida State back for more than one blowout.

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
That seat will be smokin' if they start out 0-3 losing at home to his former school. FSU has to have close to the nation's toughest schedule. It is BRUTAL.
Think about it. Does he really even care? He got his guaranteed 8 figure payday win or lose. He gets paid that for 7 more years no matter what. There's a trend that as soon as these coaches get their Powerball style paydays they start losing. They are already living in the promised land. I mean think about it, guaranteed money coming and no more 14 hour days once you lose and get the buyout. What's there to lose lol? NOTHING. Aww shucks y'all lost the game, hate it for y'all. Wait hang on, I'm true blue/ maroon/orange/gold/whatever is on this shirt right here. I really care about this game and this season. I really do wink wink. They all want to sign up for that. Who wouldn't. The struggle is over baby, we've made it. Winning would be nice but they've already won. Who the man. I'm the man. Every coach wants to be where I'm at.

Let's go down the list. Jimbo, Dabo, Norvell, Kelly... Hell Coach O was just happy with the natty, a few million, a boat and a younger lady. Their goal of getting mega millions retirement money is done. Game over. 8 and 9 figures can truly help the old ego. Take the L, shake the hand of the other coach making a measley 7 figure salary, go home. Trust funds for all the grandchildren. They have paid their dues. They have their lottery jackpot payday. They all do not care. But they kinda have to act like they do. That's the new game now. Smile, bang your fist, yell a little for the cameras sometimes, put on a nice little show. "I'm just trying to help these kids achieve their dreams like I already have." Go visit the family of the kid on his way to the NFL, pay them to come play for ya a year, sign him up. Sleep like a baby. Make the retirement plans. Get that 3rd house, the jet and the boat that you really want. You the man baby. No need to dream bigger. Your dreams are right there in that big bag. Payback for the years of struggle, you've finally cashed in.

Deion is in this chasing that big bag. They all are. Once you get the big bag, you've achieved your life's goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chesusdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That seat will be smokin' if they start out 0-3 losing at home to his former school. FSU has to have close to the nation's toughest schedule. It is BRUTAL.

No offense intended, but I'm not sure where you're coming from on their schedule.

Our schedule is tougher than theirs and we're not the toughest in the SEC. We play 6 Top 20 caliber teams. 5 of them are playoff contenders.

FSU plays two playoff contenders, Miami and Notre Dame. And maybe two other Top 20 caliber teams in Clemson and possibly UNC.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Doesnt mean he is going to either…he’s got it made in Oxford and they are going to pay him plenty to stay.
I didn't say he wouldn't, but if it came down to just a bidding war, if either of those two were serious, Ole Miss would lose. I don't think Kiffin is in as high demand as a lot here seem to think. I don't think there are that many places that would hire him. There are a few. I could see him being the Reverend's replacement.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
When ALL of your 18-21 year old starters are there just for the money (no matter who you are) sometimes you're going to have problems in the "room" that college coaches haven't had to deal with before. These kids have the maturity to be great athletes but that doesn't necessarily mean they have the maturity to be professional athletes.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
DJ Uiagalelei is overrated. He was going to make everybody forget Trevor Lawrence at Clemson, then he was supposed to blow up at Oregon State. Now he's at his third team in three years.
Weren’t we in the mix last offseason for DJ Ukelele? Do I remember this correctly? If so, talk about dodging a bullet.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Once you get the big bag, you've achieved your life's goal.

Jimbo wasn't the first, but he should have been the tipping point on these gigantic contracts. $100 million+ in the bank and not a **** to give.

Reactions: onewoof

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Gonna be a sad season for FSU with DJU at the helm. Plenty of drops last night but he's terrible. He was bad at Clemson and mediocre at Or St

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Think about it. Does he really even care? He got his guaranteed 8 figure payday win or lose. He gets paid that for 7 more years no matter what. There's a trend that as soon as these coaches get their Powerball style paydays they start losing. They are already living in the promised land. I mean think about it, guaranteed money coming and no more 14 hour days once you lose and get the buyout. What's there to lose lol? NOTHING. Aww shucks y'all lost the game, hate it for y'all. Wait hang on, I'm true blue/ maroon/orange/gold/whatever is on this shirt right here. I really care about this game and this season. I really do wink wink. They all want to sign up for that. Who wouldn't. The struggle is over baby, we've made it. Winning would be nice but they've already won. Who the man. I'm the man. Every coach wants to be where I'm at.

Let's go down the list. Jimbo, Dabo, Norvell, Kelly... Hell Coach O was just happy with the natty, a few million, a boat and a younger lady. Their goal of getting mega millions retirement money is done. Game over. 8 and 9 figures can truly help the old ego. Take the L, shake the hand of the other coach making a measley 7 figure salary, go home. Trust funds for all the grandchildren. They have paid their dues. They have their lottery jackpot payday. They all do not care. But they kinda have to act like they do. That's the new game now. Smile, bang your fist, yell a little for the cameras sometimes, put on a nice little show. "I'm just trying to help these kids achieve their dreams like I already have." Go visit the family of the kid on his way to the NFL, pay them to come play for ya a year, sign him up. Sleep like a baby. Make the retirement plans. Get that 3rd house, the jet and the boat that you really want. You the man baby. No need to dream bigger. Your dreams are right there in that big bag. Payback for the years of struggle, you've finally cashed in.

Deion is in this chasing that big bag. They all are. Once you get the big bag, you've achieved your life's goal.
You hit the nail on the head. And this is why it’s silly that people harp on the fact that we hired a mere assistant like Lebby. THAT is the norm going forward. You may have a few blue bloods that will duke it out over a retread or a hot name like Lame, but there aren’t going to be a lot of those left.

NCAA head coaches are getting younger and younger and a lot of them aren’t going to stay in the game anymore into their 60s. Just like you said, why the hell would they when they can get their giant bag and run.

Why the hell would Dan Mullen take another job? Coach O, Jimbo. Hell, Arnept made a big enough bag where he doesn’t really have to get back into the game if he doesn’t want to. And with all the “analyst” jobs now these old coaches and retreads can make a nice living working on film analysis and game plans and don’t have to shoulder the headache of making the big boy decisions

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
No offense intended, but I'm not sure where you're coming from on their schedule.

Our schedule is tougher than theirs and we're not the toughest in the SEC. We play 6 Top 20 caliber teams. 5 of them are playoff contenders.

FSU plays two playoff contenders, Miami and Notre Dame. And maybe two other Top 20 caliber teams in Clemson and possibly UNC.
Memphis is considered a playoff contender by many as well. If they play FSU reasonably well whether they win or lose, they still could be in contention by season's end. However, Memphis could not have picked a worse time to roll into Tallahassee with the Seminoles needing a win like polio needed a cure back in the day.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018

Yes, he cares. And Deion no longer has to chase the big bags. The big bags find him.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Yes, he cares. And Deion no longer has to chase the big bags. The big bags find him.
lemme break it down for you with 3rd grade graphics so that you can comprehend more easily... comparing total guaranteed compensation is like comparing your penis size, bag size matters to the coaches obsessed with it...

Contract values with term lengths and buyout clauses 👇

1725628737487.png

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
lemme break it down for you with 3rd grade graphics so that you can comprehend more easily... comparing total guaranteed compensation is like comparing your penis size, bag size matters to the coaches obsessed with it...

Contract values with term lengths and buyout clauses 👇

View attachment 642972
I think you are underestimating the Prime brand.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think you are underestimating the Prime brand.
It's growing but I'll believe it when he gets $100M guaranteed. Has the potential to? Maybe but I'm thinking he caps out as he is a great hype man that speaks broken English. Is that the future direction of a tier 1 $100M head coach? Finishing in the bottom half of the leftover conference won't do it

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
It's growing but I'll believe it when he gets $100M guaranteed. Has the potential to? Maybe but I'm thinking he caps out as he is a great hype man that speaks broken English. Is that the future direction of a tier 1 $100M head coach? Finishing in the bottom half of the leftover conference won't do it
Misinterpret Over Your Head GIF

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
And the reality is, it’s been a long time since Prime flew commercial, long before he decided to moonlight as a football coach.
There's a ceiling to his bag size as a head coach. He was elite on the field without question, but won't be an elite 9 figure coach

patdog

May 28, 2007
And the reality is, it’s been a long time since Prime flew commercial, long before he decided to moonlight as a football coach.
Good thing he had a lot of money coming in. Cause his coaching career isn’t looking all that great.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login