Gas Station Chicken

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
In all of your years of life, in your opinion, who has the best gas station chicken in Mississippi?

I live in NE MS and I used to work in Tupelo, and King's Chicken in Tupelo (technically Belden) has yet to be defeated in my book. I think the Lord Himself delivers the fried chicken to their store.

Last edited:

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
In all of your years of life, in your opinion, who has the best gas station chicken in Mississippi?

I live in NE MS and I used to work in Tupelo, and King's Chicken in Tupelo (technically Belden) has yet to be defeated in my book. I think the Lord himself delivers the fried chicken to their store.
I haven't had their chicken, but one of our reps brings us breakfast biscuits from there every so often and they are mighty fine

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005

I live in NE MS and I used to work in Tupelo, and King's Chicken in Tupelo (technically Belden) has yet to be defeated in my book. I think the Lord Himself delivers the fried chicken to their store.
Never had Kings. But as a fellow NE Mississippian, Dodges was hard to beat back in the day.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Pepto Bismol GIF - Pepto Bismol GIFs

Aug 31, 2012

I live in Tupelo part time now and although it has gas pumps in front it’s technically not gas station chicken. That family has been cooking for years. When I think gas station chicken I think you pull up at pump, start filling up yo car and go inside and pickup some fried chicken and JoJo’s. After you drank several beers after a ms state game
but king chicken is very good

Reactions: Spotdawg and kired

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009

I'm partial to the Krispy Krunchy chicken strips at the Texaco in West Point.

Reactions: Mack Rebennack

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022

Creole Fried

Not as prevalent as they once were, but they are making a comeback. Every Jr. Food Mart sold it at one time.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Hattiesburg had a place called “Coop Deville” that was pretty fantastic. It was connected to the Exxon in front of campus, so I’m not sure it counts.

Reactions: PearlRiverCoDawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
The Sprint store on 12 as you're headed west out of town has some really good chicken. They're proud as hell of it now, but it is good.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Amen on Dodges- been there many times and it’s always fine. Also, a place called “Reagan’s Corner” between Tylertown and Columbia on Hwy 98 has the best chicken on a stick anywhere, any time. It’s out of the way, but that chicken is fine along with their regular fried chicken. Best (and cheapest) grocery store chicken is at Piggly Wiggly in Tylertown. You can get an 8 piece dark box similar to what your grandma fried for $4.99-up from $3.99 about a year ago. A 100 piece covered aluminum pan full of chicken is $62. This time last year it was $50! That chicken is very well seasoned and never makes it under a heat lamp

Reactions: Mack Rebennack

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Best gas station food to me is Robin Hood's in West Point. Good wings, good rib tips, chicken on a stick, etc.

Reactions: Villagedawg

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
Chevron short stop new Albany. Owner finally sold out recently so idk how it is anymore
Not good. Ever since they sold they have upgraded the inside, but their food is nowhere near what it used to be. I used to go by there every morning and get breakfast, but now it's whatever surprise they got off the Sysco truck that day.

Good news is, the owner of Wild Bill's in Sherman is building a gas station right close to Chevron over by Stokes.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
I live in Tupelo part time now and although it has gas pumps in front it’s technically not gas station chicken. That family has been cooking for years. When I think gas station chicken I think you pull up at pump, start filling up yo car and go inside and pickup some fried chicken and JoJo’s. After you drank several beers after a ms state game
but king chicken is very good
giphy (1).gif
Not quite as convenient as Dodge's but...

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
Not good. Ever since they sold they have upgraded the inside, but their food is nowhere near what it used to be. I used to go by there every morning and get breakfast, but now it's whatever surprise they got off the Sysco truck that day.

Good news is, the owner of Wild Bill's in Sherman is building a gas station right close to Chevron over by Stokes.
Wild bills has good food. I heard he bought j&j in ingomar too but not sure if that’s true

alumnidawg

Apr 30, 2023

The store in Saltillo hands down. Papa V's next best.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
The Shell Station in Brooksville. Everyone else is a distant second. At least it used to be. Had to get a heart stent about 5 years ago so now I only allow myself to have real fried chicken once a year. Of course if I had not had a life long habit of eating fried chicken I might not have needed that stent in the first place.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007

This is not gas station, but it's in a similar vein. On Wednesdays the Holmes County Hospital in Lexington serves some of the best chicken in the state of Mississippi. People come from miles around and line up out the door.

Lexington's usual number one lunch option, Gladys's, gets a little break on Wednesdays.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
The Sprint store on 12 as you're headed west out of town has some really good chicken. They're proud as hell of it now, but it is good.
We call it the "People's Chicken" its so good. They did go up though. Lady in front me got a couple tenders and gasped when it rang up. The lady at the register was even shocked at the price.

Kroger chicken is awesome for large groups. Dodges anywhere else I'm wheelin down the road.

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
Bam! In Nettleton, terrific fried chicken and the Potatoes (jo-jo's) are the best ever!

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

Which part of the chicken?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login