Gene officially retires from Genespage...

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
That's where the large majority of the news that's on this page comes from. Happy retirement. It's definitely time. Will it now become Stevespage? Lol

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
It’s pretty amazing that people paid him for content for 25+ years.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It was my first message board ever. Rarely posted just lurked. Quit whenever it became a pay for access deal.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
First and only time I met him was in Eugene OR when we played the Ducks out there - maybe 2005 ??
He was walking along a street in Eugene about a mile from team hotel and we stopped, asked if he needed a ride, he jumped in the back and off we went back to hotel.
My only Gene encounter.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
He threw me out in '03 after I asked if we were signing 12 year olds to play QB under Croom. That camp photo of Henig was embarrassing.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
The side by side of Henning and that dtackle from LSU was a perfect representation of the 2 programs at that moment in time.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I never paid for the site but they put out a lot of good info. I just can't see paying monthly for something that will be common knowledge within a day or two.

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019
Cannot recall when I got thrown off that board. Much like every board, once the pearl clutchers and Karen's take hold its too late for sharing raw opinion. Guess that would have been 02 03 timeframe.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I do it more to support one of the school fan sites. Which was originally supposed to be Paul.

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
It’s pretty amazing that people paid him for content for 25+ years.

Lots of $1 promotions and $5 year stuff. Refused to pay full price ever... Never gave him a penny at that till I wanted to keep reading Paul's stuff.

DS good on you for keeping it going all this time too bud. I joined gp when I was about to graduate high school and head to Scooba. It didn't take long for me to find you like many others because of genes ridiculous censorship.

I really do hope they change the name...

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
As much as we have made fun of him and his page over the years, he is one of the best Bulldog fans alive. As Rick Stansbury said before he left MSU, "you haven't missed anything Gene, you haven't missed anything".

Last edited:

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
I feel like our trip to Eugene was in 2002 for some reason. Joey Harrington's replacement lit us up. our QB didn't make the trip due to some tires.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
But all of you are part of our Gene's Page family. It is a family because what we write about on this website is something near and dear to all of us, Mississippi State sports.

He has kicked hundreds(thousands?) of people out of his family thru the years.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Gene was all State. From sleeping with recruits moms, to hiding out recruits, to tailing Hugh, to telling John Cohen who to hire, to help a Memphis area state supporter chase down recruiting violations at OM. He kicked all you Rebs off his board, all you guys that posted "duck" pics & called his namesake Swan Lake. The guy has done it all for State. Here he is in his prime***:
View attachment 24637

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Tire-gate is so surreally ridiculous next to today's open market.....

I feel like our trip to Eugene was in 2002 for some reason. Joey Harrington's replacement lit us up. our QB didn't make the trip due to some tires.

What will really blow your mind is considering that many moons ago we actually were put on probation and had to forfeit wins because a player got a discount on clothes.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Gene was all State. From sleeping with recruits moms, to hiding out recruits, to tailing Hugh, to telling John Cohen who to hire, to help a Memphis area state supporter chase down recruiting violations at OM. He kicked all you Rebs off his board, all you guys that posted "duck" pics & called his namesake Swan Lake. The guy has done it all for State. Here he is in his prime***:
View attachment 24637

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
I remember when it was a simple no graphics board that looked the old usenet newsgroups. He was one the early guys with a sports message board. There was also board like his for Ole Miss fans (olemissfans.com) hosted by Bill, an engineer in Shreveport, LA. Same usenet format. That board is long gone.

Things have changed a wee bit.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
I was always appreciative of the "Monday morning coffee break" as it inspired the "Monday morning sh** break."

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login