George Washington University ditching Colonials...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Maybe you should just… shrub it off.

Thank you, thank you…

Try the Apricot Hamantaschen…

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m talking about the pearl clutching. Come on dorn you’re smarter than playing gotcha games or if you’d like you can reply with some cute gif.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Suggested new mascot: The Dead Presidents

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'd like to be caught up enough that worrying about finding an obtuse angle to the next thing to be offended by was on my list...

If I went to school there I would be more offended that it costs $82,000 a year in tuition and the school is more worried about the sports team mascot than costing close to half a million to just get your Undergraduate degree and it's not even the Ivy League.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
If I went to school there I would be more offended that it costs $82,000 a year in tuition and the school is more worried about the sports team mascot than costing close to half a million to just get your Undergraduate degree and it's not even the Ivy League.

You're absolutely not wrong when it comes to the nutty inflation in higher ed, but the average federal student loan indebtedness is $21,500 per undergrad graduate. Which is not nothing but also is about $200/month for 10 years. Not many people pay sticker price at private schools.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/george-washington-university-1444/paying

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You're absolutely not wrong when it comes to the nutty inflation in higher ed, but the average federal student loan indebtedness is $21,500 per undergrad graduate. Which is not nothing but also is about $200/month for 10 years. Not many people pay sticker price at private schools.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/george-washington-university-1444/paying

Yup. A college education is still pretty affordable for most people if they pay attention. The people with really unmanageable student debt are generally people who chose to borrow heavily to go to private schools despite there not being a return, people who took out a lot of money to get professional degrees that have the return to justify it, and people who drop out after taking out loans and have modest student loan debt but even more modest incomes.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Good observation. Says a lot that the mascot they came up with 13 years ago to mock wokeness is legitimately not woke enough today.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
“Carvers” seems to be the leader in the clubhouse.

As in, carving out a new name for themselves, obviously.
No love for “McLintocks”?

They could even be unique and add the exclamation point to the name just like the movie.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
A rich white dude

No love for “McLintocks”?

They could even be unique and add the exclamation point to the name just like the movie.

That hits women and teaches others to do the same? You’re a terrible person for suggesting such a thing.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015

These kids aren't worried about that. They have it in their heads that at some point the government will take care of their bill once they graduate and start infecting the world with their virtue signaling drama and avoiding as much personal responsibility as possible.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
No offense to anyone but I'm still looking for a reason why I should even give half of **** what GWU calls themselves.

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
George Washington is an unacceptable name...

for any university. His memory violates every tenet of post-modern academia.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If your kids wouldn’t be proud, that’s on you and that’s a large part of our problem.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login