Give Will a grade for tonight

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I’m going C+

Big INT in the red zone, fumbled a ball late and put another on the ground.

Definitely his best night through the air under Barbay though.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
C. Improvement but lost the game and he would say the same. Rattler gets the A.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I’m going C+

All of his turnovers were acceptable. Punch out fumble was not on him. It happens.

Very close fumble call on pass under pressure.

Red zone interception could easily have been reversed. Not a great decision though.

Proved without question he can drop dimes at 45+ yards, which multiple idiots here wanted to argue.

You don't get a C+ when throwing for the 3rd highest yardage in school history. Have you actually watched our QB play the last 4 decades??

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
B+. Made some really great throws. Made some boneheaded throws and lost pocket awareness.

A+ rebound from worst performance of his career. I see a glimmer of hope on that side of the ball. But I don't see many wins on the schedule waiting for their development + whatever is happening with the defense. I have 0 optimism on that side of the ball. Feels like we top out at 5 wins even if the offense continues to improve. 5 wins at best. Sheesh.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I would say a B but that's the best he has played in a long while. I don't mind an interception if you are connecting king throws. One fumble call was bad. Interception it's gonna happen if we are trying to make plays. He made a lot of on target strikes down field.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m going C+

It was the best SEC game of his career. 10.1 YPA. And he didn’t fumble the ball late….that was a garbage call.

If that’s a C+ grade, then he’s at best a C student, because he’s not 17ing ever going to play better than he did tonight. And he did it pretty much all himself, too, because we got absolutely nothing from the running game.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
B+. Made some really great throws. Made some boneheaded throws and lost pocket awareness.

A+ rebound from worst performance of his career. I see a glimmer of hope on that side of the ball. But I don't see many wins on the schedule waiting for their development + whatever is happening with the defense. I have 0 optimism on that side of the ball. Feels like we top out at 5 wins even if the offense continues to improve. 5 wins at best. Sheesh.
Yes this defense isn't gonna win us games.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
B

With the offensive line he has it was a good performance. He missed on 2 critical passes with open receivers (ball sailed on him, one of the 2 he was throwing over a defenders hand). The 3 big passes to Tulu were right on the money. Someone said the first was a little underthrown but a longer throw would have been picked off by the safety so they were wrong. Fumbles and int hurt but he was trying to "Will" his team to victory. He had a few to WRs that weren't on the same page. I blame those on the coaches.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
B. It was his best game this year and was back to his 8-win self. He was more of the reason why we were in it rather than the reason we lost.

The entire reason we lost is our lack of a pulse in the secondary. Honestly, between Rattler and Daniels, do we even have 5 incompletions against us in the last two weeks?

CoastDawg18

Mar 3, 2008
B+

He can make all the throws with enough time to do so. He even showed a little bit of movement with some small designed roll outs and a few runs when the middle opened. With the exception of 5 or so throws he was very solid, and missing on a few is going to happen with our team and the routes we run. If anyone still thinks his starting job is in question, I feel sorry for you.

Reactions: josebrown

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’m going C+

What are you talking about???? I got accused of being a Will hater but this is absurd. A- the only ding is the pick. Dude played his a$$ off last night including putting his body on the line for a first down. More of this Will please.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Btw, anybody notice how efficiently Will got us a 1st down in two passes after our innovative OC stuck Wright in there for an immediate sack creating 2nd and 16 following a big forced TO by our D.

He played well.
I did. That’s the situation and field position where you try to hit them deep on 1st down.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
B- and I think this is the best you will see from Will all season. We have had receivers open all game every game. He just can’t get them the ball consistently.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
A- played hard and threw the ball well when the defense wasn’t all over him. Offensive line, not so much.

Reactions: josebrown

patdog

May 28, 2007
B+. He made some big mistakes. The pick in the red zone, the fumble in the red zone (got bailed out by a great fumble recovery by 81), and the late controversial fumble (still think it was an incomplete pass). But he competed and attacked the defense and threw the ball downfield more than he's done in 3+ years combined. Maybe his best game as a Bulldog. And did it with very little help from his offensive line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login