Glen Davis interview on Bo Bounds yesterday (he blames Leach for the state of the program).....

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Your posts in this thread aren't aging well.

Actually, Kiffin does have an offensive system. He doesn't 'adapt', that's why he couldn't use John Rhys Plumlee. Mullen didn't adapt, he needed a QB run threat. Tyson Lee, Tyler Russell, remember those guys? Good players but playing out of scheme. That said, don't start nitpicking words, I understand everyone adapts to a certain extent, but big picture, you know I am correct. Do I think Kiffin and Mullen are full on offensive system coaches, probably not, somewhere in the middle. But they absolutely had specific offenses that they ran.

The Air Raid and triple option are the opposite of poor ole moo u concepts. Complete opposite. Those are thinking outside the box and going against the grain.

You are the lame brain who is stuck in the old school. Mayun LeTs Go Be LiKe BaMa
TGDR***

(too goat, didn’t read)

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
We do not need any coach that is married to his own gimmick system. Trying to fit players into a system instead of fitting a system into what players you have is a$$ backwards than anything we ever need here.

So, no. The last thing we need is a “new” Mike Leach.
The last thing we need is another 9 win season. Amen?

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
You’re right. We should literally wait for somebody to invent that next “new scheme” that catches normal teams off guard like Leach did 30 years ago. And hope we can get a good 5 years out of it. Very sustainable.

I had to think long and hard about what you and the other guy were really saying. All I can come up with that y’all are idealists when it comes to State football and I’m not. This isn’t the world we live in.
All I see is 9 wins.

And you never answered the questions.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
TGDR***

(too goat, didn’t read)
Best thing for you. Reading it won't turn it well for you.

Only reason I care is because I do wish to educate the idiot faction of the fanbase, but I am close to giving up. You can't be helped. It just sucks because the rest of us get stuck with this program too.

Reactions: 85Bears

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Best thing for you. Reading it won't turn it well for you.

Only reason I care is because I do wish to educate the idiot faction of the fanbase, but I am close to giving up. You can't be helped. It just sucks because the rest of us get stuck with this program too.
I pity people that have to know you in the real world. You have no shame or self awareness.

For your sake, I hope this message board is where you come to just shake out all the stupidity that lives in your head.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The last thing we need is another 9 win season. Amen?
I don't think we could find another Mike Leach. He was absolutely one of the kind. We might find another system coach, but it would be hard to find a coach who has had the same level of success that Leech had with his system before he got to Mississippi State.

The only problem I have with a system coach is they recruit a certain set of players to fit their mold. It may work, but... if something happens unexpectedly... trying to repair the program turns into a mess like we've already seen.

Maybe we could find a system coach who didn't play a brand of football that was as individualistic as Mike did.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I don't think we could find another Mike Leach. He was absolutely one of the kind. We might find another system coach, but it would be hard to find a coach who has had the same level of success that Leech had with his system before he got to Mississippi State.

The only problem I have with a system coach is they recruit a certain set of players to fit their mold. It may work, but... if something happens unexpectedly... trying to repair the program turns into a mess like we've already seen.

Maybe we could find a system coach who didn't play a brand of football that was as individualistic as Mike did.
To be fair, trying to repair a program from a non system coach is just as bad. We even have examples within our own program’s history for examples, in more than just football too. Also to be fair there are examples of other programs who kept the successful systems going even after a coach left. Usually went with someone that coach had as an assistant coach or player.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login