Gonzaga got screwed

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Williams with the charge called the other way.

And Toney stepped out of bounds on the baseline, play continued Ark ball.

Both possessions ended in points for the Hawgs.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Gonzaga could not hit their shots down the stretch that's all it was. It was just as many bad calls the other way. Arkansas was able to out rebound Gonzaga when they continued to miss and that is what happened down the stretch. They had plenty of time to beat them and probably should have. I don't know what the percentage was down the stretch but they shot awful from the field in the last part of the game.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012

williams clearly had a foot inside the circle under the goal --the refs called a charge--it should have been a blocking foul on him.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

Gonzaga was grossly overrated this year. They should have gotten bounced by Memphis in the round of 32.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
Gonzaga was grossly overrated this year. They should have gotten bounced by Memphis in the round of 32.

The Zags really struggle against physical, athletic teams that have some actual basketball skills. Ark had a great plan and executed it extremely well.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
The Zags really struggle against physical, athletic teams that have some actual basketball skills. Ark had a great plan and executed it extremely well.

The refs let the game be played rough. I don't think they called it differently for one team versus the other. But, physical play favors the tougher team and that was the hogs.

Had they been calling every little contact, it would have taken hogs completely out of their game and gonzaga would have likely been much more comfortable shooting.

That's basketball.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
As much as I hate the dogs I don't like Gonzaga. It might be jealousy but I don't like them. If the can consistently have a good team Miss State should.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login