Got A Call From The Athletic Department

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Just got a call from the Athletic Department asking about my feedback on DWS. I've been going to games for as long as I can remember (i'm 56) and have season tickets since my youngest was old enough to sit through a game (about 10 years or so), this is the first time I've ever had a member of the AD reach out to me. I don't know if the this is the new AD doing work or not, but if so, bravo!

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Just got a call from the Athletic Department asking about my feedback on DWS. I've been going to games for as long as I can remember (i'm 56) and have season tickets since my youngest was old enough to sit through a game (about 10 years or so), this is the first time I've ever had a member of the AD reach out to me. I don't know if the this is the new AD doing work or not, but if so, bravo!
Did you fill out that end of year survey? Just wondering if you did maybe some thorn you said in it prompted the call?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Did you fill out that end of year survey? Just wondering if you did maybe some thorn you said in it prompted the call?
Yes sir, we get a survey after every game and I fill it out. I think the main purpose of the call is to get season ticket holders to renew (we were going to do that anyway).

patdog

May 28, 2007
Years ago, when Greg Byrne was assistant AD, one year I filled out some survey they had sent out and wrote in several comments in the comment section about ways I thought they could improve the experience at football games. I figured, well I got that off my chest so that'll be the end of it. About 5 minutes later, our receptionist called me and said there's a Greg Byrne on the phone for you. We had a very good 30-minute conversation about my concerns. I knew right then that guy was special. Hopefully Selman will be as special as Byrne was.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
My suggestion was to increase wifi and/or cell service. We're in the scoreboard club, they have a great buffet and we have our own cups/drinks, but i've felt your pain in years past!
So the firmness of the pretzels didn’t come up?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Years ago, when Greg Byrne was assistant AD, one year I filled out some survey they had sent out and wrote in several comments in the comment section about ways I thought they could improve the experience at football games. I figured, well I got that off my chest so that'll be the end of it. About 5 minutes later, our receptionist called me and said there's a Greg Byrne on the phone for you. We had a very good 30-minute conversation about my concerns. I knew right then that guy was special. Hopefully Selman will be as special as Byrne was.
That'a encouraging, The AD needs to be a salesman as much as anything else.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
As per an earlier thread a couple weeks ago maybe I don't answer my phone unless I have the number in contacts. I've had 3 calls in the past month-6 weeks from the athletic dept wanting to ask me some questions, it was a live person not a robocall. I'm pretty sure the first one was before Selmon was named though. I fill out every one of those surveys too for football and baseball when I get them. Wifi is always on my list of gripes

Last edited:
Reactions: drumrcraig

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
As per an earlier thread a couple weeks ago maybe I don't answer my phone unless I have the number in contacts. I've had 3 calls in the past month from the athletic dept wanting to ask me some questions, it was a live person not a robocall. I'm pretty sure the first one was before Selmon was named though. I fill out every one of those surveys too for football and baseball when I get them. Wifi is always on my list of gripes
my issue with wifi is as much for engagement of younger fans as anything else. We don't want them not wanting to come to games due to not being able to get online.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I have honestly streamed other games while sitting in the stands watching our game. I’ve never had an issue with service in the stadium. I use Verizon but I’ve heard nightmares from ATT customers.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have honestly streamed other games while sitting in the stands watching our game. I’ve never had an issue with service in the stadium. I use Verizon but I’ve heard nightmares from ATT customers.
AT&T here. Its solid anywhere I've ever been EXCEPT campus on gamedays. I don't care to stream a game, we've got satellite for that but damn when I can't even text or call my wife to bring a bottle of BBQ sauce I forgot when she comes to tailgate, its bad. Its been better the last couple years but I'm guessing thats because less people actually on campus. Every year they say they are adding infrastructure but I can't tell much difference. Its also bad for the university when you try to transfer tickets and can't do it.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We have ceasefire and it sucks in the stadium and usually in the junction. Obviously there are likely significantly more ceasefire customers than any other carrier.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
^^^^withdrawing support if he doesn't get a call***

Aug 23, 2012
I had a similar experience with Byrne. I was impressed with him

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login