Grilling, Smoking, & Drinking Wk 1 - Light ‘em up

AleutianIslandawg

Oct 8, 2021
I wish I was smart enough to know how to post pics.
Brisket last night for dinner. 2 pork shoulders were smoked all night and are being served now for lunch.
Whole Alligator just went on the grill, stuffed with Cajun cornbread dressing with andouille sausage.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Brisket last night for dinner. 2 pork shoulders were smoked all night and are being served now for lunch.
Whole Alligator just went on the grill, stuffed with Cajun cornbread dressing with andouille sausage.

Nothing like that old Aleutian Island gator.** Have a friend from Alaska coming over in a bit, will ask why the 17 he's been holding out. 17er just brings back a bunch of salmon and crab legs when he goes back.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Way to make the rest of us feel like **** as we cook to stuff our fat asses there Jester...

I kid, that's good stuff man. Let us know when you start cooking for men in need of breast reductions or something like that, we'll bring a crowd homie.
Oh I forgot to tell everyone I’m feeding starving Bulldog puppies with my food**
Ole Jester’s a good dude.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Smoking some beef short ribs and some Country Pleasing sausage about mid afternoon. Two NY Strips will go on after the ribs come off and I get the grill temp up to “ Holy Crap” temp . I really prefer a Ribeye but I figured why waste it on Memphis State so Strips it is. I’m getting a hankering for a pour of Zaya over an ice ball but it’s still too damned hot. Three or ten Dos Equis are probably in my near future.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Guess I’m not in this week. Having problems uploading on mobile.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I really prefer a Ribeye but I figured why waste it on Memphis State so Strips it is. I’m getting a hankering for a pour of Zaya over an ice ball but it’s still too damned hot..

Tired of swordfighting for whiskey at the liquor store. Picked up a bottle of 16 yo Zaya last week and had a couple glasses last night. Don't mind if I do.

And a well cooked strip is hard to beat. Go dawgs.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Someone show this man how to post pics!! I do it on IPhone Hybrid view so I’m a weirdo.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Big ole lean, well seasoned 1/2 hamburgers/cheeseburgers with all the trimmings and seasoned fries...... Well somebody had to represent us commoners . **

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Have some pork belly on the smoker now.

Will report back with updates in a few hours.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Tired of swordfighting for whiskey at the liquor store. Picked up a bottle of 16 yo Zaya last week and had a couple glasses last night. Don't mind if I do.

And a well cooked strip is hard to beat. Go dawgs.
Shhh! Don’t tell nobody. We won’t be able to find this **** either.

AleutianIslandawg

Oct 8, 2021

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Well I wasn't sure if you were doing this or not this year. I just happened to pick up a prime brisket and pork belly at Costco yesterday. Have a buddy coming over Saturday with some homemade sausage and a couple of bottles of Weller. We should be able to scratch something together.

Brisket is going and the sun is trying to come up. It's a nipply 45° this morning so the fire is doing two jobs.

View attachment 25056

View attachment 25057

Should wrap it around lunchtime and get the pork belly on. I cut 3/4 of the belly up for burn ends and the other 1/4 is marinating in Asian BBQ sauce, fish sauce, and soy sauce. I'll pat it dry and put a chili mango pork rub on it and smoke it like a brisket for 3-4 hours. After it's up to temp I'm going to slice it and kiss both unseasoned sides of the slices on the Blackstone to see if it will render some fat crispy for my smoked pork belly bahn mi sammiches. This could go either way today.

Wrapped the brisket in the LeRoy and Lewis foil boat and moved it to the Kamado to finish it off. Bark looks good, but I tell you, it's a fight to smoke a brisket over 5,000' in elevation. Water boils at 202 here, so these suckers want to cook fast if you don't take precautions.

View attachment 25082

Filled my offset up with momma piggy and all her little piglets.

View attachment 25083
Another reason to not live at elevation jackass.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Tell me more about how quickly all your **** rusts out in less than a year Florida Man... I mean, do you even salt your meat or does the atmosphere do it for you?
Stainless baby!!! Non stainless Charbroil in Columbia SC, 4 years no problem. 1 year here, you could crumble the entire unit with your hands to fit in a 5 gallon bucket. Weber full stainless, since 2012 still working like a champ.
ETA: is it snowing there yet?
View attachment 25088

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Mississippi Pot Roast in the Crock Pot… got some French Bread to bake when the Roast is ready to make some sammichs

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
ETA: is it snowing there yet?

Not yet. Thought I saw some flakes first thing in the morning yesterday, but it was just ashes from the wildfire down the valley.

View attachment 25089

ETA. I meant to tell you.. A while back I was looking for a club to fill that gap I have around 230 yards. Well I found it. Here's my first 10 balls at golf Galaxy with my new 7 wood.

View attachment 25090

If you take out the frozen clothesline that only went 191, it averages out around 239... When we play at the MSU course, I'll let you drop from my ball so you can reach that par 4 in regulation.*

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
@Seinfeld, I guess we are going to have to rename this thread the Grilling, Drinking, and **** Talking Thread.
JLS when you get those GIR’s and 3 putt but I’m draining bombs for par..
View attachment 25091
ETA: I need this game to get going. I only have a finite amount of citronella to fight these mosquitoes off.
View attachment 25094

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login