Hatchet Fight, Game Thread, MSU at Mizzou

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
What just happened on that inbounds play? Someone(I think Matthews) completely lost his man under the basket, and it was a miracle that the game didn’t just end on a layup

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Man Jans does a good job on the floor coaching. And in great timeout huddles. We haven’t seen coaching like this since...dare I say it..a long time.

patdog

May 28, 2007
17. 17. 17. 17. 17. Why the 17 do we shoot so many wild 3-point shots with no offensive movement or plan?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I can't believe those lucky bastards got two threes at the end when they could hit the broad Side of the barn the rest of the game. That one hurts but at least they played their *** off. There really are getting in tune right now as a defensive team.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Jeffries actually made a 3 while I was paying attention at the beginning of OT, but he needed to make 2. That second miss was crucial. Perfect look.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That's a great effort. I feel kinda sick for them, it's going to be really tough to win the next 3.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
If this team was a middle of the pack NCAA scoring team they’d have 23-24 wins.

defend one of 2 damn 3 pointers and it’s a win.

score more than 5 when you hold your opponent scoreless for the first 3 minutes of the game and it’s a win.

this is going to be the most disappointing NiT bid ever with all the what ifs and coulda beens

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
The step-back game winner was from 5 feet beyond the arc with Tolu in his face. He MAYBE makes that shot 2 of 10 times.

Reactions: onewoof

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If this team was a middle of the pack NCAA scoring team they’d have 23-24 wins.

defend one of 2 damn 3 pointers and it’s a win.

score more than 5 when you hold your opponent scoreless for the first 3 minutes of the game and it’s a win.

this is going to be the most disappointing NiT bid ever with all the what ifs and coulda beens
I had written them off a few weeks back. I find myself watching again because we are playing great team defense right now. We just gotta find a better way to score more consistently.

Not too long ago, Tolu Smith could not make a free-throw if his life depended on it. He stepped right up to drop two in a row in a hostile environment like he's been doing it all his life and to to took us to overtime.. This is an interesting team that is still developing I really think it's gonna be fun to watch them down the stretch. Tolu just might put us on his back and carry us down the stretch.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Tough loss on two threes in the final minute. Proud of the guys for fighting to force OT. We probably win if we make 1 three in the 2nd half.

Probably have to beat A&M to have a chance. I actually like our chances Saturday. They just won a close game at home against a top team. We are at home and need it more.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Davis had an unusually off night. He missed all 6 three pointers he took. He did make an important shot at the end of regulation and then again in overtime however. But that was the only two shots he made all night. Reed was also pretty cold, 3 of 13. Needed one of those two to get hot or at least warm

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Tough loss on two threes in the final minute. Proud of the guys for fighting to force OT. We probably win if we make 1 three in the 2nd half.

Probably have to beat A&M to have a chance. I actually like our chances Saturday. They just won a close game at home against a top team. We are at home and need it more.
They are close to winning the conference. They are only one game behind Alabama. They are really good. It's gonna take every ounce of energy we have. I hope we have a really good loud crowd.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Texas A&M is up to 23 in the NET, so Saturday is a Quad 1 game. Most important game of the season. I think a win Saturday plus a home win over SC on Tuesday puts us in. Need a huge, loud crowd.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
That was a good game. I enjoyed watching it. I hate we lost, but we missed too many shots. We had our chances.
This team makes it really hard to ever be mad at them. Frustrating at times, sure, but they are who they are, and this crew puts as much energy and effort into what they do as any team I’ve watched.

Compared to where I thought this team would be this year, I can’t believe we’re still talking about the NCAA bubble with 3 games left

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I think we’re in, but a win over TAMU would seal it.
I don't think we're in. We're now guaranteed to finish below .500 in conference and we have at least one more loss on the schedule if we're honest. Can we still get in? Sure. But it's going to require us beating probably the two hottest teams in the conference and/or going on a run in the tournament.

Love Jans, love the team, but I think we're going to come up just short.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I don't think we're in. We're now guaranteed to finish below .500 in conference and we have at least one more loss on the schedule if we're honest. Can we still get in? Sure. But it's going to require us beating probably the two hottest teams in the conference and/or going on a run in the tournament.

Love Jans, love the team, but I think we're going to come up just short.
How are we guaranteed to finish below .500 in the SEC? Please show your work.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think at this point there’s probably a greater than 50% chance we are NIT bound. Our NCAAT window isn’t closed, but it’s closing. Saturday is an absolutely massive game. The kind you have to win at home if you are on the bubble like we are.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login