Have y’all seen this NIL?

Oak23

Nov 28, 2014
No, but IF this is the way it’s going to go then due to lower salaries overall in the Southern states, my guess.. most teams in the SEC could struggle, especially the smaller schools. The Big 10 and northern schools will become the superpower due to the overall size, population and ofcourse income potential from larger areas.
Or the overall enthusiasm Of SEC fans could result in more financial donations ‘giving’ to their beloved team. Who knows, does anyone really know what it’s going to look like when this NIL gets going?

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
Hmm… should I send my hard earned, limited funds to some 20 year old that already gets a scholarship, room, board, stipends?

I think not.

The idea that people are going to do this while they struggle to pay their own bills and save for the future is crazy.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Hmm… should I send my hard earned, limited funds to some 20 year old that already gets a scholarship, room, board, stipends?

I think not.

The idea that people are going to do this while they struggle to pay their own bills and save for the future is crazy.

I agree with you.
Counter though based on observed behavior- people spend their money on what I view as 'wasteful' things as it is, even when they struggle to pay bills and/or save for the future.

Expensive vacations, expensive cars, expensive electronics, and little in their 401k.
This is just one more way for people to spend on what they view as entertainment.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Its registered under Ben Hubbard's name in Mississippi. Looks like they are basing out of Fairhope, AL. Hubbard did undergrad at state and grad at GT. One of the founders is a GT guy.

Low overhead if they only get 7% as their website states.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I agree with you.
Counter though based on observed behavior- people spend their money on what I view as 'wasteful' things as it is, even when they struggle to pay bills and/or save for the future.

Expensive vacations, expensive cars, expensive electronics, and little in their 401k.
This is just one more way for people to spend on what they view as entertainment.

Wasting my money on me so I can enjoy life is a different category than wasting my money on a college kid that isn’t mine.

Anyone of you that have money to burn I can post a Venmo.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
Southern Miss had a guy donate $50 and he used his real name, it seems. I’d bet a dollar to donuts that the USM Athletic office is trying to locate this guy and see if he’ll kick $50 their way once every few years. Probably be a Top 10 donor in a few years.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Just curious but does it bother you when ALL people spend money on wasteful things?

Even the ones who claim rich people are the devil?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login