Have you attended a World Series game?

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018
Have you attended a World Series game? I was going to add in person but that would be redundant although in many cases announced attendance figures are the amount of tickets sold and not those in actual attendance as it should be. But I digress.

I have not and it's a giant vacuum on my sports bucket resume and being a Pirates fan it may be a hopeless cause which may lead me to go to Baltimore, Boston, Cleveland or Philadelphia one day if I ever hope to attend a World Series game.

So what WS games have you been to?

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
Yes... 2018 Red Sox game in Fenway and 2020 when they bubbled at Texas Rangers stadium.

However, when I was 10 back in fall of 1975 my Dad told me he had 2 tickets to a Red Sox playoff game and 2 tickets to upcoming ND/BC football game. I was oldest son so I got to choose. I chose poorly and my 7 year old brother got to attend the 6th game of the 1975 WS, the Fisk homerun game.

• Wow
Reactions: saturdaysarebetter

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
Source of contention with my wife. 1998, Yankees vs Padres. I get an invitation. All expenses paid for game 1. I’ve been a Yankee fan for as long as I can remember. I also have season tix at PSU and we play Drew Brees and Purdue the same night. I can’t let my Penn State tickets go to waste. I go to the PSU game.

My wife’s favorite player, Tino Martinez hits a grand slam that night. They go on to sweep. Wife is mad at me for a week every October since. She thinks I’m a complete idiot for giving up a World Series ticket to attend one of about 150 PSU games I would eventually attend. I have to agree with her.

Steve JG

Mar 25, 2024
Have you attended a World Series game? I was going to add in person but that would be redundant although in many cases announced attendance figures are the amount of tickets sold and not those in actual attendance as it should be. But I digress.

I have not and it's a giant vacuum on my sports bucket resume and being a Pirates fan it may be a hopeless cause which may lead me to go to Baltimore, Boston, Cleveland or Philadelphia one day if I ever hope to attend a World Series game.

So what WS games have you been to?
1979 Pirates at 3 Rivers

• Love

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Never. I did go to a Yankees playoff game (‘96 maybe?). I was at Reggie Jackson’s 400th HR game. Orlando Cepeda was coaching with the White Sox and spotted my father outside the stadium before the game. They were teammates in the minor leagues so he invited my father to come in with him. My father leaves me and my sister with my aunt and cousins. My father then finds his way up to the Yankees broadcast booth to talk to Bill White (or friend and former teammate of his brother, my uncle) and also hangs out with the Yankees traveling secretary at the time (pre-Costanza), who was his best friend growing up. 9th inning, my father shows back up at our seats hammered. Seems like a good time was had by all!

• Love
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login