Lanning pulls a Bielema

Achowalogan

Oct 12, 2021
Belichick would have done the same thing to win a game. Can't fault Lanning. It very well could have made the difference with Howard sliding just after time ran out. I'm sure there is a rule change coming next season.
Next year, heck new rule will take effect prior to Me Cheat Again game....

Reactions: Bison13

Bosco2

Oct 25, 2021
ncaa will take immediate, in-season action b/c Tosu got effed. They didn't give a rat's *** a few years ago though, did they?
They actually did change the rule after what Bielema did. That's what the NCAA will do this year.

Reactions: bbrown
Sep 17, 2024
I suspect the B1G will administer their interpretation of “spirit of the rule infraction justice” on 11/2/24.

Lanning will soon learn not to be cute against either of the B1G 2.

Last edited:

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I don’t have a problem with it. All coaches are supposed to know the rules. Lanning outsmarted Day. Don’t think for a second that Urban Meyer wouldn’t have done the same thing to PSU if given the opportunity. Never feel bad for OSU. Never.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
ncaa will take immediate, in-season action b/c Tosu got effed. They didn't give a rat's *** a few years ago though, did they?

I'm not sure what the implication is here.

OSU already lost ... partially because of another team exploiting this loophole. Fixing the loophole - whether it happens now, or after the season - doesn't help OSU avoid that loss. It could actually help us win at some point this season ... or help anyone win ... it could stop OSU itself from exploiting the rule for their benefit later this year.

This doesn't seem to be a situation to shake your fist at those darned favored Buckeyes always getting their way.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

It happens to T™️osu, and the rule is modified within days. If it had been PSU instead, how big would the “F*ck ‘em” have been from the ncaa?

Reactions: Nittering Nabob

flash86

Oct 6, 2021
Suspect NCAA will make the change, make it retroactive to give both Oregon and OSU the win, and fine PSU $60M.

PSUQbKeeper

Oct 12, 2021
"People say, 'Y'all changed the rules,' and we really didn't," Shaw said. "We really are basing it in the rules that we have today, but using it as an interpretation."

well Mr Shaw, you are full of crap, you are literally changing how they adjust the clock, changing the rule

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login