He couldn’t do it…. Johnny 17ing Long starting

mrbinsdog

Aug 23, 2012
The pitcher probably has something to do with it.
Some pitchers insist on a certain catcher.
May or may not be the case here.
I was glad to see Stephen pitch such a great game last night with Powell as his catcher.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He really should give you a call before putting out lineups.****
Nah. Just anyone with a brain. Or just keep starting one of if not the worst college baseball player currently playing

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Did you miss the play where Powell picked up the foul bunt

Long also frames and receives pitches better

That being said, Powell had no passed balls last night but he went 0 for 3

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Did you miss the play where Powell picked up the foul bunt

Long also frames and receives pitches better

That being said, Powell had no passed calls last night but he went 0 for 3
Long is hitting 190 hasn’t thrown a runner out all season and during his last start allowed 4 stolen bases while almost hitting our pitcher on a throw to second….

Long wouldn’t start for a good high school..

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Nah. Just anyone with a brain. Or just keep starting one of if not the worst college baseball player currently playing
What a crazy season. We have the best player to have ever worn the M over S (in your estimation) and also the worst.****

• Haha
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Long isn't good at anything. Maybe he's a better bunter than Powell but that's about it. Stolen bases can cost you a game. Just another example of our terrible portal recruiting.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Give it a rest. So your girlfriend gets hard nips when she sees Long.
If Powell is so much better, how come he didn’t hit a HR his last at bat? Or do anything besides strike out?

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Give it a rest. So your girlfriend gets hard nips when she sees Long.
If Powell is so much better, how come he didn’t hit a HR his last at bat? Or do anything besides strike out?
lol. So let’s judge the season on 1 at bat right?

powell is so much better…. Long hasn’t gotten a hit in over a month… oh and he leads the sec in passed balls and hasn’t thrown a runner out all season….

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
lol. So let’s judge the season on 1 at bat right?

powell is so much better…. Long hasn’t gotten a hit in over a month… oh and he leads the sec in passed balls and hasn’t thrown a runner out all season….
You can’t pick and choose like that. If he’s so much better, he should’ve been able to do better than Long has tonight, right? From looking at both perform at the plate tonight, they seem to be on a level playing ground.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
You can’t pick and choose like that. If he’s so much better, he should’ve been able to do better than Long has tonight, right? From looking at both perform at the plate tonight, they seem to be on a level playing ground.
The only difference at the plate is Powell got hot for a few games. That's about it.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I’m not picking and choose… I’m looking at over the course of the entire season. And by the looks of what they’ve done both offensively and defensively the entire season…. Powell is the better player by a long shot.

by using your logic hujsak isn’t any better than long because they both didn’t produce tonight….

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The only difference at the plate is Powell got hot for a few games. That's about it.
Except Powell throws runners out. Has more than 1 extra base hit. Has a real ops. Powell doesn’t lead the sec in passed balls.

long is the second worst hitter in the entire sec and the worst defensive catcher. These aren’t opinion.. this is backed up by stats… feel free to look them up

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I’m not picking and choose… I’m looking at over the course of the entire season. And by the looks of what they’ve done both offensively and defensively the entire season…. Powell is the better player by a long shot.

by using your logic hujsak isn’t any better than long because they both didn’t produce tonight….
Your OP is bitching about Powell not replacing Long in this game. Guess what: he replaced Long in this game. Guess what: he did NO better than Long in THIS game. It sucks your girl wants you to wear a Johnny mask to bed. I bet it’s emasculating.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Except Powell throws runners out. Has more than 1 extra base hit. Has a real ops. Powell doesn’t lead the sec in passed balls.

long is the second worst hitter in the entire sec and the worst defensive catcher. These aren’t opinion.. this is backed up by stats… feel free to look them up
Didn't matter tonight though. We should have put in another 2nd baseman though in the bottom of the 9th

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Your OP is bitching about Powell not replacing Long in this game. Guess what: he replaced Long in this game. Guess what: he did NO better than Long in THIS game. It sucks your girl wants your to wear a Johnny mask to bed. I bet it’s emasculating.
He wasn’t given 2 more at bats. No telling what he woulda done with 2 more at bats. What we do know is long did nothing at all to help the team win tonight….

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Didn't matter tonight though. We should have put in another 2nd baseman though in the bottom of the 9th
Powell getting two more at bats might have produced a run. Who knows…

agreed on the second baseman. We’ve forced round pegs into square holes all year

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Now we’re gambling? Give it a rest already. We get it. You hate Johnny. Just wear the mask and go to bed and STFU.
Gambling?

one player goes 0 for 1… the other goes 0 for 3…. Who has the worse night?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
The biggest issue is that besides Mershon, Jordan, Hines and Hujsack the rest of the position players wouldn’t start for another SEC team.
And none of 4 will be on the team next year.

Reactions: HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The biggest issue is that besides Mershon, Jordan, Hines and Hujsack the rest of the position players wouldn’t start for another SEC team.
Mershon should be… and chance will start every game regardless of performance for the rest of his career

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Your OP is bitching about Powell not replacing Long in this game. Guess what: he replaced Long in this game. Guess what: he did NO better than Long in THIS game. It sucks your girl wants you to wear a Johnny mask to bed. I bet it’s emasculating.

They are fighting about two guys who should not good enough to be on our staff begin with

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Long doesn’t do anything well…. He’s a bullpen catcher getting to play because Lemonis says he’s a leader

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
They are fighting about two guys who should not good enough to be on our staff begin with
I’m not fighting about anybody. I’m pointing out how Hunt’s ridiculous fascination with Long is obnoxious and as shown tonight is meritless. He bitched about Long playing and when Powell jumps in he has no more success. I like Powell. I have a lot of respect for him. I don’t care who starts as long as they perform. Hunt has had a hard-on for Long for a while and he’s living rent free in Hunt’s mind. He probably stalks him on tic toc.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I’m not fighting about anybody. I’m pointing out how Hunt’s ridiculous fascination with Long is obnoxious and as shown tonight is meritless. He bitched about Long playing and when Powell jumps in he has no more success. I like Powell. I have a lot of respect for him. I don’t care who starts as long as they perform. Hunt has had a hard-on for Long for a while and he’s living rent free in Hunt’s mind. He probably stalks him on tic toc.
I have an issue with playing the worst player in the sec when we have found a suitable and clearly better replacement.

it showed up again tonight. Long is hitting 180 and couldn’t even get a bunt down

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login