Here you go

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
@patdog not just for you but anyone else saying not enough baseball tickets.

33 home games. 16 remaining after today and not counting SBW.
Ticket cost for me was $355/ticket. People on here have mentioned $500 donation per ticket would easily work. Lets call it $350 then. Thats $705/ticket ($355 plus $350). $1410 total x 16/33 = $683 for 2 tickets for the rest of the year minus SBW.

Lets call it $550 since we suck.

I'll sell the rest of my tickets for the year for $550 starting with todays game (not tomorrows - already gone and not SBW).

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Baseball tickets are much more expensive than the average poster on here leads you to believe. I get 4 tickets for football (section 20) and 4 tickets for baseball (section 212). It's not much of a price difference (a couple hundred bucks).

Here's what I've paid recently:
1679671357498.png

And most of the people who claim we need to increase the price of baseball tickets are also the same people that complain about the after market tickets on Stubhub being too expensive. Well guess what, if you jack up season ticket prices then the aftermarket prices will follow suit.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
How much do I have to give for you to keep the tickets and not post your math explanations anymore? One of my contacts popped out I was straining so hard to keep up...**

Calculating Russell Crowe GIF

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Baseball tickets are much more expensive than the average poster on here leads you to believe. I get 4 tickets for football (section 20) and 4 tickets for baseball (section 212). It's not much of a price difference (a couple hundred bucks).

View attachment 321681

And most of the people who claim we need to increase the price of baseball tickets are also the same people that complain about the after market tickets on Stubhub being too expensive. Well guess what, if you jack up season ticket prices then the aftermarket prices will follow suit.
Going off Pain's 33 home games this season and dividing your grand total by 4 seats, looks like are you at $16.63/game.

I want to say that's cheap, but considering it's college baseball, I don't know that it is. I had season tickets for the Rangers for several years about a decade ago and that's about what we paid per game for 10-15 rows up just past 1st base. I still get email offers from them and you're looking at about $35 per seat for Rangers season tickets in a decent, but not great location.

College baseball season tickets getting half of MLB prices is pretty strong...

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
How much do I have to give for you to keep the tickets and not post your math explanations anymore? One of my contacts popped out I was straining so hard to keep up...**

Calculating Russell Crowe GIF
Just get everyone to stop posting dumb crap about the price and demand of baseball season tickets and the size of the stadium.

Then you won't have to read my math b/c its so hard for you.

Or you could just buy the tickets.

OR and here's a novel idea, you could just shut the 17 up!

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Going off Pain's 33 home games this season and dividing your grand total by 4 seats, looks like are you at $16.63/game.

I want to say that's cheap, but considering it's college baseball, I don't know that it is. I had season tickets for the Rangers for several years about a decade ago and that's about what we paid per game for 10-15 rows up just past 1st base. I still get email offers from them and you're looking at about $35 per seat for Rangers season tickets in a decent, but not great location.

College baseball season tickets getting half of MLB prices is pretty strong...
But according to posters on here we could double the price and double the size of the stadium and still sell out.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

View attachment 321681

There is a huge difference between paying a premium for a ticket for 1 game or series vs paying a premium so you have the rights to the seats every year. The latter has way more value.

And the cost shouldn’t surprise anyone. You get far more inventory of games in baseball. 33 vs 7. And there is far less supply. Roughly 45k(I’m taking out students and visitors) vs about 4700. I’m telling y’all if you don’t want to pay $500 PSL for your chairback when the time comes, someone will be willing to.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
There is a huge difference between paying a premium for a ticket for 1 game or series vs paying a premium so you have the rights to this seats every year. And the cost shouldn’t surprise anyone. You get far more inventory of games in baseball. 33 vs 7. And there is far less supply. Roughly 45k(I’m taking out students and visitors). I’m telling y’all if you don’t want to pay $500 PSL for your chairback when the time comes, someone will be willing to.

You should probably share that info with the athletic department then, because if its true we’d be idiots to not already have at least a 50% chairback expansion already in the works with dirt already moving.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
You should probably share that info with the athletic department then, because if its true we’d be idiots to not already have at least a 50% chairback expansion already in the works with dirt already moving.
They already know. Or at least the prior regime was very aware of it.
I asked one season ticket holder about a $500 PSL and he responded “we would add 4-6 seats if the opportunity arose”. My brother in law and I have zero. We would buy at least 4.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
They already know. Or at least the prior regime was very aware of it.
I asked one season ticket holder about a $500 PSL and he responded “we would add 4-6 seats if the opportunity arose”. My brother in law and I have zero. We would buy at least 4.
But i can't sell for a much discounted rate. I understand the season affects that, but thats a risk every year. Some years the risk is higher and most its lower.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
But i can't sell for a much discounted rate. I understand the season affects that, but thats a risk every year. Some years the risk is higher and most its lower.
I dont understand what you are arguing.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I dont understand what you are arguing.
I'm not arguing. I'm asking a question.

Some people claim the demand for tickets is through the roof.
We should expand the stadium and charge higher prices and we'd still sell them all.

I can't sell a single game at a discounted rate.
I can't sell the rest of the season at a discounted rate.

So is the demand for significantly larger stadium at higher prices really there?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

We should expand the stadium and charge higher prices and we'd still sell them all.

So is the demand for significantly larger stadium at higher prices really there?
And that’s what I posted. You are making a false comparison. You cannot compare demand for access solely to a crappy half a season everyone knows is in the tank vs access to that chairback for life

I will prove it. I will contract with you to pay you $500 plus ticket cost for your pair if you guarantee me that right first every year.

Reactions: patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
And that’s what I posted. You are making a false comparison. You cannot compare demand for access solely to a crappy half a season everyone knows is in the tank vs access to that chairback for life

I will prove it. I will contract with you to pay you $500 plus ticket cost for your pair if you guarantee me that right first every year.
I might consider that. I don't have to give it to you but you have to take it if i offer each year?

But you are making a false comparison too. How many people will be willing to do what you are willing to do?

Lets say I open it up on this board. How many takers do you think i'll have?
I mean if people know the season is tanked and won't buy them this year, what makes them buy them next year before the season starts?

And when i bought the tickets originally, i don't think it was much more than $500 donation per ticket plus cost of ticket. Maybe it was $1000 per ticket? I could be off on that.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I might consider that. I don't have to give it to you but you have to take it if i offer each year?

But you are making a false comparison too. How many people will be willing to do what you are willing to do?

Lets say I open it up on this board. How many takers do you think i'll have?
I mean if people know the season is tanked and won't buy them this year, what makes them buy them next year before the season starts?
No. You give me the right to the seats for life as long as I pay you $500 per seat plus ticket cost. Because I have no other access to chairbacks since they are sold out.
Thats the entire value proposition that drives demand.

Reactions: Forrest4Moore

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
@patdog not just for you but anyone else saying not enough baseball tickets.

33 home games. 16 remaining after today and not counting SBW.
Ticket cost for me was $355/ticket. People on here have mentioned $500 donation per ticket would easily work. Lets call it $350 then. Thats $705/ticket ($355 plus $350). $1410 total x 16/33 = $683 for 2 tickets for the rest of the year minus SBW.

Lets call it $550 since we suck.

I'll sell the rest of my tickets for the year for $550 starting with todays game (not tomorrows - already gone and not SBW).
If I buy this year from you, will you agree to sell me the next 5 years as well?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
No. You give me the right to the seats for life as long as I pay you $500 per seat plus ticket cost. Because I have no other access to chairbacks since they are sold out.
Thats the entire value proposition that drives demand.
Exactly… pain won’t make this proposition because he knows he won’t have the opportunity to get other season tickets. It’s a silly premise he started a thread on.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If I buy this year from you, will you agree to sell me the next 5 years as well?
Yeah if you'll agree to let me agree to change the price with demand?
Or let me set the price now.
2023 this year - see what i quoted already
2024 - $500 per ticket donation plus ticket cost - estimated at $1710
2025 - $600 per ticket donation plus ticket cost
2026 - $650 per ticket donation plus ticket cost

We'll do it for this year plus 3.

Baseball tickets were sold originally for a set price for X number of years.

That is about to change to just like football. They are going to set the donation price per year. 2024 will be a price. 2025 might be the same and it might go up.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Exactly… pain won’t make this proposition because he knows he won’t have the opportunity to get other season tickets. It’s a silly premise he started a thread on.
In the future i don't get to lock my donation price in for 5 years. Its going to be based on yearly demand.

You didn't buy tickets originally bc you didn't want to commit for so many years. But now you do? What changed? We suck this year. Why are you willing to do it now but weren't willing to do it before?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
In the future i don't get to lock my donation price in for 5 years. Its going to be based on yearly demand.

You didn't buy tickets originally bc you didn't want to commit for so many years. But now you do? What changed? We suck this year. Why are you willing to do it now but weren't willing to do it before?
I will pay you whatever the annual amount is for your pair if you give them to me every year

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I will pay you whatever the annual amount is for your pair if you give them to me every year
Ok so why didn't you commit to that when they were first offered?

Thats what I'm trying to understand.

whats different now vs then? What hindsight made you change your mind?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Ok so why didn't you commit to that when they were first offered?

Thats what I'm trying to understand.

whats different now vs then? What hindsight made you change your mind?
When was the right to these for life offered? If I missed that I apologize. I just missed it. I will take them.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
And when i bought the tickets originally, i don't think it was much more than $500 donation per ticket plus cost of ticket. Maybe it was $1000 per ticket? I could be off on that.

Feel free to correct me but it should have been $150 per ticket per year for the seat license. Then of course you have to buy the tickets every year at whatever cost that is. The upfront fee for regular chairbacks was $1500 per seat which gave you the rights for 10 years (maybe 11 if they refunded for 2020….not sure how that worked).

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
When was the right to these for life offered? If I missed that I apologize. I just missed it. I will take them.
It's not life. It's 10 years.

And you're overthinking. He's simply selling tickets for $16. Yes, face value is $10. Yes, he should probably not be trying to recoup his BDC donation because, like you said, that gives him the right to the seats every year. But it also shows that this 'average fan' is not willing to pay for chairback tickets, unless @Mining dawg is about to buy them.

I mean you're talking $96 vs. $60 for 2 seats for a weekend SEC series vs. a top 10 team. He pockets $36. I don't see the big issue.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
It's not life. It's 10 years.

And you're overthinking. He's simply selling tickets for $16. Yes, face value is $10. Yes, he should probably not be trying to recoup his BDC donation because, like you said, that gives him the right to the seats every year. But it also shows that this 'average fan' is not willing to pay for chairback tickets, unless @Mining dawg is about to buy them.
It’s life though bc existing holders will get the first shot at renewing when the 10 years runs up. I’m not overthinking anything. I’m trying to buy season chairbacks indefinitely from a guy who tells me there is the demand for it but clearly realizes the value in it bc he wont sell it to me.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
There is and never has been and never will be a "for life" option at the new dude.

But before the stadium was built, you had the same option i did. Buy the rights for X number of years paid up front (wasn't a large sum considering what you are willing to pay now), then purchase the tickets each year.

So why didnt you buy when that was offered before the stadium was built?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
It’s life though bc existing holders will get the first shot at renewing when the 10 years runs up. I’m not overthinking anything. I’m trying to buy season chairbacks indefinitely from a guy who tells me there is the demand for it but clearly realizes the value in it bc he wont sell it to me.
I'm simply asking why you didn't take that offer when they came up originally before the stadium was built?

It was a better deal then than what you are willing to pay now.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022

So I'm trying to understand here.

If you list your two tickets for one weekend game on StubHub, then they set the price? Let's say it's $100/seat. If I go on StubHub and buy your two for $200 for a Sunday game, how much of that do you get? Let's say $40 each. But you're not allowed to just sell me your two seats for $40 each and cut StubHub out of the middle? How would that be enforced? I just give you $80 and you transfer them to me, how would anyone know?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He won't sell to you because he wants his tickets in the future. He's just selling this season because we suck, and he'll probably be in the Lounge the rest of the year.

Nobody said @paindonthurt wasn't an arsehole. But they are still his tickets, that he paid for.

Reactions: 1reddog and 8dog

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
There is and never has been and never will be a "for life" option at the new dude.

But before the stadium was built, you had the same option i did. Buy the rights for X number of years paid up front (wasn't a large sum considering what you are willing to pay now), then purchase the tickets each year.

So why didnt you buy when that was offered before the stadium was built?
well you will get first opportunity to renew so its effectively for life as long as you pay it.

and the answer is Because I couldn’t afford $3600 for a pair at that point in my life. Thats one of the reasons demand is there. More people can afford that than have died or given up their seats. But the biggest factor is it took building the stadium for people to realize how there is no reasonable seating option if you dont have access to a Lounge.
Things change. You cant keep thinking demand or the circumstances are the same as in 2014.

and you obviously see the value bc you wont sell your rights to me for $500 or the higher BC rate you get charged.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

That remains to be seen. I don’t think there has been any firm declaration on what will happen at the end of the 10 year period.

To me, it seems like the athletic department has 3 options:

1) Allow existing chairback holders to renew for another period on the front end (5 years, 10 years, etc.) at a cost that is probably higher than the initial yearly amount, but lower than going year-by-year. Sell whatever is left on a year-by-year basis with seat license fee dictated each year by the athletic department / BDC.

2) Allow existing chairback holders to only go year by year with renewals, with right of first refusal each year when renewals go forward. Basically same set up as current football / basketball. Sell any remaining in order of BDC rank, then any after that first-come / first serve.

3) Strip all the licenses and reseat the whole stadium by BDC rank, like we did with football in 2012 or so. Existing chairback holders get no priority outside of their normal BDC perks (which should still give them a pretty high rank based on their points accumulated through the 10-year commitment). Make any remaining available to non-BDC / general public at same cost on first-come first-serve basis.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
So I'm trying to understand here.

If you list your two tickets for one weekend game on StubHub, then they set the price? Let's say it's $100/seat. If I go on StubHub and buy your two for $200 for a Sunday game, how much of that do you get? Let's say $40 each. But you're not allowed to just sell me your two seats for $40 each and cut StubHub out of the middle? How would that be enforced? I just give you $80 and you transfer them to me, how would anyone know?
I don't sell mine on stubhub. I transfer them directly to people who want to buy them.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
He won't sell to you because he wants his tickets in the future. He's just selling this season because we suck, and he'll probably be in the Lounge the rest of the year.

Nobody said @paindonthurt wasn't an arsehole. But they are still his tickets, that he paid for.
How am i an A hole for offering to sell my tickets for less than what I paid for them?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
well you will get first opportunity to renew so its effectively for life as long as you pay it.

and the answer is Because I couldn’t afford $3600 for a pair at that point in my life. Thats one of the reasons demand is there. More people can afford that than have died or given up their seats. But the biggest factor is it took building the stadium for people to realize how there is no reasonable seating option if you dont have access to a Lounge.
Things change. You cant keep thinking demand or the circumstances are the same as in 2014.

and you obviously see the value bc you wont sell your rights to me for $500 or the higher BC rate you get charged.
You are making a lot of assumptions about what I was thinking. I'm simply trying to understand why people didn't then but are willing to now.

You answered that finally. Maybe b/c i didn't do a good job of asking the question.

I still maintain the stadium was built correctly at the time. There is room for expansion. If demand stays up, they will expand.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login