Here you go

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You’re a damn moron. You know that’s not what I’m saying. Not even remotely. You keep trying to act like someone that would be willing to pay now should have paid 10 years ago. And numerous people have told you in this thread that money was not the issue several years ago. You keep trying to make it about money and it’s not.
No I’m simply saying that we built a stadium that is the best in the country while we aren’t in the top 20 or 30 money wise.

We did it responsibly with room to grow.

But people are bitching about it bc people *****.

If you aren’t bitching, I’m not talking to tou. If you are bitching, I am talking to you and I’m telling you to shut the 17 up.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
So based on all those what if’s let’s just make it a 50,000 seat stadium!

17 it. It’s just money. We print it everyday!

This is where the “we didn’t build it too small” crowd always goes off the deep end.

The damn place has actual seats for about 4,900 fans….including the lounge. The old stadium was about 7,100 not including the lounge. We literally built it 30% smaller than the old stadium that was built in 17ing 1987 in terms of actual seating capacity. Its the 2nd smallest stadium in the SEC West, and probably 5th or 6th smallest in the SEC as a whole ahead of only Auburn, Vandy, Mizzou and maybe UK and UGA. Is the actual fanbase 30% smaller than 1987? Of course not. Its probably 300% bigger.

There is a middle ground between doing what we did and building TD Ameritrade south. It’s called, “maybe build the new place at least the same size as the old place, just nicer”. And we could have done that if we just dumped actual seats where the berms are….whether it be more chairbacks or GA or some combo of the two.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This is where the “we didn’t build it too small” crowd always goes off the deep end.

The damn place has actual seats for about 4,900 fans….including the lounge. The old stadium was about 7,100 not including the lounge. We literally built it 30% smaller than the old stadium that was built in 17ing 1987 in terms of actual seating capacity. Its the 2nd smallest stadium in the SEC West, and probably 5th or 6th smallest in the SEC as a whole ahead of only Auburn, Vandy, Mizzou and maybe UK and UGA. Is the actual fanbase 30% smaller than 1987? Of course not. Its probably 300% bigger.

There is a middle ground between doing what we did and building TD Ameritrade south. It’s called, “maybe build the new place at least the same size as the old place, just nicer”. And we could have done that if we just dumped actual seats where the berms are….whether it be more chairbacks or GA or some combo of the two.
Yeah they built it where they could expand.
And they built it nice as $h1t.

In hindsight it could have been bigger, but too small is better than too big when money matters.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah they built it where they could expand.
And they built it nice as $h1t.

In hindsight it could have been bigger, but too small is better than too big when money matters.

But you still spend more in the long run that way. Especially in this inflation environment.
The expansion plus original construction cost is way more money than if you just integrate everything from the beginning. You’re still bringing a crew to move a bunch of dirt and undo a bunch of finished work.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
But you still spend more in the long run that way. Especially in this inflation environment.
The expansion plus original construction cost is way more money than if you just integrate everything from the beginning. You’re still bringing a crew to move a bunch of dirt and undo a bunch of finished work.
But you could have built it too big and caused a problem financially.

And the expansion if/when it happens probably won’t require dirt work. It’s likely going to be an upper deck expansion.

I’m tired of talking about it.

Y’all are right. You all know way more about stadium building and financials at msu athletics than the people in charge.

I give up. White flag is raised.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login