Here you go

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
That remains to be seen. I don’t think there has been any firm declaration on what will happen at the end of the 10 year period.

To me, it seems like the athletic department has 3 options:

1) Allow existing chairback holders to renew for another period on the front end (5 years, 10 years, etc.) at a cost that is probably higher than the initial yearly amount, but lower than going year-by-year. Sell whatever is left on a year-by-year basis with seat license fee dictated each year by the athletic department / BDC.

2) Allow existing chairback holders to only go year by year with renewals, with right of first refusal each year when renewals go forward. Basically same set up as current football / basketball. Sell any remaining in order of BDC rank, then any after that first-come / first serve.

3) Strip all the licenses and reseat the whole stadium by BDC rank. Existing chairback holders get no priority outside of their normal BDC perks (which should still give them a pretty high rank based on their points accumulated through the 10-year commitment). Make any remaining available to non-BDC / general public at same cost on first-come first-serve basis.
You are right. I am making an assumption it won't be "for life".

I'm willing to bet on that assumption like I did on my tickets that I have now that everyone whines about!

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
When was the right to these for life offered? If I missed that I apologize. I just missed it. I will take them.
There was a campaign to pay $1500 per seat before the stadium was built with a you get to keep them for 10 years as long as you buy season tickets each year.

I paid the $6000 for 4 (ended up have another child so needed 5) because at the time I was so anti-travel ball and didn’t think it would be needed to progress in the sport

so first couple years - each renewal was 1200 for the 4 - after the NC - they went to 1500 for the 4

mud we couldn’t go, I gave them away or sold them on big weekends- got to experience the 21 season, regional and super with my 2 boys

last year was first year of school ball and competitive summer ball for oldest and my youngest son getting into the mix with really competitive ball

fast forward to this year, I had to make the choice to renew or use those funds for my boys’ development - I chose the latter - single earner family of 5 here

it sucks because I dreamed for a long time about having those tickets but my boys’ dreams and trying to achieve them is more important

im going to miss section 114

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
How am i an A hole for offering to sell my tickets for less than what I paid for them?

I don’t think you’re an A-hole but I do think you are picking probably the worst weekend of any weekend series that has ever happened in the new Dude to use as a litmus test for general chairback seat demand.

Its the opposite end of the same spectrum from somebody selling their SBW tickets for $100 each and then turning around and saying “Look how much demand there is for these seats! Stadium needs to be twice as big!”

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
There was a campaign to pay $1500 per seat before the stadium was built with a you get to keep them for 10 years as long as you buy season tickets each year.

I paid the $6000 for 4 (ended up have another child so needed 5) because at the time I was so anti-travel ball and didn’t think it would be needed to progress in the sport

so first couple years - each renewal was 1200 for the 4 - after the NC - they went to 1500 for the 4

mud we couldn’t go, I gave them away or sold them on big weekends- got to experience the 21 season, regional and super with my 2 boys

last year was first year of school ball and competitive summer ball for oldest and my youngest son getting into the mix with really competitive ball

fast forward to this year, I had to make the choice to renew or use those funds for my boys’ development - I chose the latter - single earner family of 5 here

it sucks because I dreamed for a long time about having those tickets but my boys’ dreams and trying to achieve them is more important

Damn. So did you basically lose the balance of the initial $6,000, but you are free and clear on the ticket cost? I always wondered how that worked. Kinda win win if you don’t actually have to buy the tickets every year, but the university still gets to solicit another long term commitment for the seats (or annual year-by-year commitment) if they wish.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don’t think you’re an A-hole but I do think you are picking probably the worst weekend of any weekend series that has ever happened in the new Dude to use as a litmus test for general chairback seat demand.

Its the opposite end of the same spectrum from somebody selling their SBW tickets for $100 each and then turning around and saying “Look how much demand there is for these seats! Stadium needs to be twice as big!”
I’m not using this weekend as the test.

Im using several things.
Initial sell at beginnjng
2019 and 2021 and 2022 and 2023

I have no doubt demand is higher than supply.
I know demand isn’t as high as some on here say. It may be for certain years or games but you don’t build a stadium based on the top demand.
You build it based on demand over the life of the payback factored in but that’s obviously hard to gauge accurately so you use some safety factor.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Damn. So did you basically lose the balance of the initial $6,000, but you are free and clear on the ticket cost? I always wondered how that worked. Kinda win win if you don’t actually have to buy the tickets every year, but the university still gets to solicit another long term commitment for the seats (or annual year-by-year commitment) if they wish.
Those seats get offered up to those on waitlist - the 6k is a sunk cost

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I'm not arguing. I'm asking a question.

Some people claim the demand for tickets is through the roof.
We should expand the stadium and charge higher prices and we'd still sell them all.

I can't sell a single game at a discounted rate.
I can't sell the rest of the season at a discounted rate.

So is the demand for significantly larger stadium at higher prices really there?
I don’t know the answer here, but I feel like asking this question at this juncture is about like claiming that we needed to double the size of DWS back in the middle of 2014

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Those seats get offered up to those on waitlist - the 6k is a sunk cost

Gotcha. I wonder if folks on the waiting list have to make a commitment for X number of years to get seats, or do they get to just go year by year?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
In the future i don't get to lock my donation price in for 5 years. Its going to be based on yearly demand.

You didn't buy tickets originally bc you didn't want to commit for so many years. But now you do? What changed? We suck this year. Why are you willing to do it now but weren't willing to do it before?
No, I didn’t buy tickets at the time because of where I was living and my family situation, I had no reasonable expectation of being able to use the tickets. I’m not sure why that came up though. I guess if someone was not in a position to buy tickets 10 years ago then they should never be allowed to want season tickets.

That is not the original question though. If you can give me reasonable assurance that if I reimburse you BDC and ticket costs and the season tickets are mine (every year going forward), I’m all in. How do we do this deal?

Reactions: 1reddog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No, I didn’t buy tickets at the time because of where I was living and my family situation, I had no reasonable expectation of being able to use the tickets. I’m not sure why that came up though. I guess if someone was not in a position to buy tickets 10 years ago then they should never be allowed to want season tickets.

That is not the original question though. If you can give me reasonable assurance that if I reimburse you BDC and ticket costs and the season tickets are mine (every year going forward), I’m all in. How do we do this deal?
The real issue here (I think, correct me if I'm wrong @paindonthurt) is the 'average joe fan' b*tching because they don't have a seat on-call, whenever they want, in the new stadium (and just as good of a seat as those who were willing to pony up). THAT is the crux of it, not people arguing over whether they wanted season tickets for 10 years.

He's offering some tickets for either the whole season, or I assume each weekend if he can't sell the season tickets. Because just like the AD, anybody with sense would rather sell in bulk than individually. Less PITA factor.

So that said, I am wondering where the hordes of average joe fans are? All I'm seeing is people who wish they could season tickets.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
winning season 2 GIF by Blunt Talk

Hurry up and settle this.....

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
The real issue here (I think, correct me if I'm wrong @paindonthurt) is the 'average joe fan' b*tching because they don't have a seat on-call, whenever they want, in the new stadium (and just as good of a seat as those who were willing to pony up). THAT is the crux of it, not people arguing over whether they wanted season tickets for 10 years.

He's offering some tickets for either the whole season, or I assume each weekend if he can't sell the season tickets. Because just like the AD, anybody with sense would rather sell in bulk than individually. Less PITA factor.

So that said, I am wondering where the hordes of average joe fans are? All I'm seeing is people who wish they could season tickets.
I can’t speak for others. I do think it would be nice to have actual seats available for walk up customers, but I understand why we don’t. I’m not clamoring for that. I want season tickets… chairbacks. I want to know I have seats for all the games or all the games I want to go to. If I missed my only opportunity in 2014, then I guess that’s just what it is. But I can’t help but think that is not a good thing for the future of our fan base.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

It’s not only the average joe fan but yes your overall point is right.

People are bitching and claiming they will commit to big money to get tickets but they didn’t do that earlier.

It’s one of our main problems at msu. I get not everyone can afford tickets but we have problem.

I’m 41 and make a good living. I didn’t come from money. Im a project manager/engineer with a mechanical engineering degree and an MBA. Im not a radiologist or a ceo or anything crazy. I probably make more than most in my profession due to who I work for and the fact im willing to travel.

BUT im in the top 6 or 7% in the bulldog club and im willing to be Im not in the top 6 or 7% in income from msu alumni.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I can’t speak for others. I do think it would be nice to have actual seats available for walk up customers, but I understand why we don’t. I’m not clamoring for that. I want season tickets… chairbacks. I want to know I have seats for all the games or all the games I want to go to. If I missed my only opportunity in 2014, then I guess that’s just what it is. But I can’t help but think that is not a good thing for the future of our fan base.
But this is the way it is everywhere.

You think it’s easy for an Alabama graduate to get season tickets for football when they graduate? Even if they are making $250k plus a year it’s still not easy.

This isn’t an msu problem. But it’s damn sure a good problem to have.

And I’m offering 17ing tickets at a huge discount and I can’t get people to buy them.

I don’t care if I sell them or not. I don’t need the money but I’m not gonna give them away to people who ***** about wanting to buy them but then won’t buy them at a GD discount bc “we aren’t good”. 17 that.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
It’s not only the average joe fan but yes your overall point is right.

People are bitching and claiming they will commit to big money to get tickets but they didn’t do that earlier.

It’s one of our main problems at msu. I get not everyone can afford tickets but we have problem.

I’m 41 and make a good living. I didn’t come from money. Im a project manager/engineer with a mechanical engineering degree and an MBA. Im not a radiologist or a ceo or anything crazy. I probably make more than most in my profession due to who I work for and the fact im willing to travel.

BUT im in the top 6 or 7% in the bulldog club and im willing to be Im not in the top 6 or 7% in income from msu alumni.
Well. Duh… On the last statement. We have 150,000+ living alumni. And 13k~ bulldog club donors. Your arguments in this thread are well below your education, occupation, and income levels.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011

You think it’s easy for an Alabama graduate to get season tickets for football when they graduate? Even if they are making $250k plus a year it’s still not easy.

And I’m offering 17ing tickets at a huge discount and I can’t get people to buy them.

I don’t care if I sell them or not. I don’t need the money but I’m not gonna give them away to people who ***** about wanting to buy them but then won’t buy them at a GD discount bc “we aren’t good”. 17 that.
2 recent Bama grads that I work with bought season tickets this past fall. There is currently no waiting list for Bama football. You could buy season tickets for this upcoming season.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
2 recent Bama grads that I work with bought season tickets this past fall. There is currently no waiting list for Bama football. You could buy season tickets for this upcoming season.
And you can buy season tickets for msu football.
Football attendance is down everywhere.

And you can buy season tickets for msu baseball right now or next year. You just won’t like general admin tickets.

Im sorry you weren’t smart enough to buy baseball tickets when they were available and less expensive.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Well. Duh… On the last statement. We have 150,000+ living alumni. And 13k~ bulldog club donors. Your arguments in this thread are well below your education, occupation, and income levels.
I think you proved my point. We have 150,000 living alumni but they b1tch and don’t actually contribute to the bulldog club.

You are right. My points are dumb.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
And you can buy season tickets for msu football.
Football attendance is down everywhere.

And you can buy season tickets for msu baseball right now or next year. You just won’t like general admin tickets.

Im sorry you weren’t smart enough to buy baseball tickets when they were available and less expensive.
Lol. I have multiple TCC passes and Omaha Club tickets. And a decade younger than you, hoss.

Nonetheless, I agree with others that we built too small.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
I think you proved my point. We have 150,000 living alumni but they b1tch and don’t actually contribute to the bulldog club.

You are right. My points are dumb.
This is becoming a Glfr thread. 95% of the board disagrees with you, but you’re the enlightened one.

(Apologies for the ricochet shot Glfr, usually deserved. Not here, though)

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011

You made a great decision for your family time. But a poor decision financially.

You could have kept your seat priority, BC point accumulation, etc, by just offering the season tickets up on this board until you were in a different situation. You would have been, at least, made whole financially.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This is becoming a Glfr thread. 95% of the board disagrees with you, but you’re the enlightened one.

(Apologies for the ricochet shot Glfr, usually deserved. Not here, though)
I don’t really care if anyone agrees with me or not.

but you just proved your ignorance with your 150,000 post.

Are you still pissed cohen cut you?

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
I don’t really care if anyone agrees with me or not.

but you just proved your ignorance with your 150,000 post.

Are you still pissed cohen cut you?
Regardless if you care or not… it’s irrefutable that we built too small. So your opinion is wrong.

The school has lost out on millions because of building too small. Because there are thousands more seats ready to be pledged for and bought.

We could have built 3000 more seats with the realistic expectation that (at least) 500 more tickets per year would be bought. Over 6 years, 4.5mm in just pledges not counting ticket costs, parking, and concessions revenue. Which could have easily quadrupled that number.

I got my tickets. I’m fine. But it was short sighted. Kentucky, Alabama, Florida, and Tennessee all built or are building stadiums with chairbacks numbering significantly more than season seat pledges. We have a much larger following than all four. We built too small. It’s not even debatable.

You really think that I’m 1. Forrest Moore? And 2. That John cut Forrest?

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Regardless if you care or not… it’s irrefutable that we built too small. So your opinion is wrong.

The school has lost out on millions because of building too small. Because there are thousands more seats ready to be pledged for and bought.

We could have built 3000 more seats with the realistic expectation that (at least) 500 more tickets per year would be bought. Over 6 years, 4.5mm in just pledges not counting ticket costs, parking, and concessions revenue. Which could have easily quadrupled that number.

I got my tickets. I’m fine. But it was short sighted. Kentucky, Alabama, Florida, and Tennessee all built or are building stadiums with chairbacks numbering significantly more than season seat pledges. We have a much larger following than all four. We built too small. It’s not even debatable.

We literally built the stadium to the size of people who were willing to make a 10-year commitment and up front donation 2 years before the stadium was even going to open. How are you ever going to grow your fan base like that? That has to be one of the most short-sighted and stupid decisions in MSU athletic history. And that's saying a lot.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We literally built the stadium to the size of people who were willing to make a 10-year commitment and up front donation 2 years before the stadium was even going to open. How are you ever going to grow your fan base like that? That has to be one of the most short-sighted and stupid decisions in MSU athletic history. And that's saying a lot.
Tickets were sold after the original commitment and stadium plans.

Im pretty positive some were sold after the stadium was built. Not a lot of them but some.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

I’m still waiting on you to explain that brilliant math regarding 13,000 and 150,000.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
I’m still waiting on you to explain that brilliant math regarding 13,000 and 150,000.
Our engineering program should teach economics and finance in addition to calculus. Especially considering your lack of comprehension on supply and demand.

How is this confusing? Less than 10% of our grads are BC members. If you’re top 7% BC member, it seems obvious you should be near the same at income level.

If you’re top 6-7% in BC. That puts you 800-900 in rank. To be there, you have to be over $50k in lifetime giving.

To be top 6-7% in annual income, you would be in the top 11k earners. Considering more than 50% of our graduates are in the arts, communications, or education colleges, plus another 50% women that are extremely unlikely to be individual BC donors (as a percentage), it’s reasonably deduced you’re in the upper echelon in income. (Income specifically, certainly not at that level in comprehension or reason)

I certainly hope you’re at that income level with your donation amounts. It would be fairly financially irresponsible to not be a top earner at your BC rank.

If that’s the case, then your and dubmass.

• Haha

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Our engineering program should teach economics and finance in addition to calculus. Especially considering your lack of comprehension on supply and demand.

How is this confusing? Less than 10% of our grads are BC members. If you’re top 7% BC member, it seems obvious you should be near the same at income level.

If you’re top 6-7% in BC. That puts you 800-900 in rank. To be there, you have to be over $50k in lifetime giving.

To be top 6-7% in annual income, you would be in the top 11k earners. Considering more than 50% of our graduates are in the arts, communications, or education colleges, plus another 50% women that are extremely unlikely to be individual BC donors (as a percentage), it’s reasonably deduced you’re in the upper echelon in income. (Income specifically, certainly not at that level in comprehension or reason)

I certainly hope you’re at that income level with your donation amounts. It would be fairly financially irresponsible to not be a top earner at your BC rank.

If that’s the case, then your and dubmass.
You’re making an assumption that people who make equal or more money than me are bdc members or give more than me.
That’s a terrible assumption.

You are making an assumption that a majority of our top 10% alumni are bdc members.
Another terrible assumption.

You clearly aren’t good at math.
$50,000 divided by 20 years is $2500 a year.
That’s not hard to do at $60 to 80k a year if that’s your priority vs hunting or fishing or other things. Certainly can be done while being financially responsible.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
All you 17ers that wanted the exclusive ball park seats can 17in eat it. Your asss should be there every game even with they suck this bad.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
You’re making an assumption that people who make equal or more money than me are bdc members or give more than me.
That’s a terrible assumption.

You are making an assumption that a majority of our top 10% alumni are bdc members.
Another terrible assumption.

You clearly aren’t good at math.
$50,000 divided by 20 years is $2500 a year.
That’s not hard to do at $60 to 80k a year if that’s your priority vs hunting or fishing or other things. Certainly can be done while being financially responsible.
Sure it can be done. But 99.9% of our graduates aren’t donating 2500$/year until at least their mid 30s. Regardless of their other hobbies. You and I are the exceptions to that rule. Congrats, I guess??

That also makes it a completely reasonable assumption that we’re also extremely high in alumni annual income. Add in the amount of mid level earners that are legacies living on their parents’ BC contributions, and potentially not contributing at all, even more unlikely you’d be top 6-7% BC donor without being top 6-7% earner. I’m happy for you that you’re both. That’s great for you.

Still, the premise of your initial argument is everyone that wanted chairbacks for a family of 4, at any point before 2028, should have pledged $6000 plus 10 year ticket commit totaling more than $13k in 2016. That’s irrational. No other school in the country is doing that. No professional team does that. We didn’t build it big enough.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

Sheyt. My uncle is a 7 figure a year donor to Alabama football. Big enough to hang out on the sideline with the AD. He can't get enough season tickets to give out to help his business. He buys a lot of them from former players.

Reactions: paindonthurt

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Sure it can be done. But 99.9% of our graduates aren’t donating 2500$/year until at least their mid 30s. Regardless of their other hobbies. You and I are the exceptions to that rule. Congrats, I guess??

That also makes it a completely reasonable assumption that we’re also extremely high in alumni annual income. Add in the amount of mid level earners that are legacies living on their parents’ BC contributions, and potentially not contributing at all, even more unlikely you’d be top 6-7% BC donor without being top 6-7% earner. I’m happy for you that you’re both. That’s great for you.

Still, the premise of your initial argument is everyone that wanted chairbacks for a family of 4, at any point before 2028, should have pledged $6000 plus 10 year ticket commit totaling more than $13k in 2016. That’s irrational. No other school in the country is doing that. No professional team does that. We didn’t build it big enough.
If you wanted 4 tickets when the stadium was opened it cost $6000 in 2016.

then it cost $1200 a year to get the tickets. You didn’t have to shell out $13,0000 in one year.

you also didn’t have to buy the tickets each year if you didn’t want to. Someone earlier has already proven that.

we got people saying they are willing to do a lifetime of $500/ticket. Ok let’s call it 5 years to be reasonable.

$2500 over 5 years
OR
$1200 one year but it last 10 years

One of those things is a lot cheaper than the other.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
for 2 tickets for the rest of the year minus SBW.

Lets call it $550 since we suck.

I'll sell the rest of my tickets for the year for $550 starting with todays game (not tomorrows - already gone and not SBW).

You should probably stop getting season tickets, and probably just relegate yourself to reading about it on the web.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If you wanted 4 tickets when the stadium was opened it cost $6000 in 2016.

then it cost $1200 a year to get the tickets. You didn’t have to shell out $13,0000 in one year.

you also didn’t have to buy the tickets each year if you didn’t want to. Someone earlier has already proven that.

we got people saying they are willing to do a lifetime of $500/ticket. Ok let’s call it 5 years to be reasonable.

$2500 over 5 years
OR
$1200 one year but it last 10 years

One of those things is a lot cheaper than the other.
I could have bought my house for a lot cheaper in the 80’s when it was built but I didn’t know I would need it 35 years later….

What you fail to realize, or at least fail to admit that you realize, it’s not about money for most people. People’s situation can Shane drastically in 10 years. What if a guy who is 25 right now wanted season tickets? Guess he should have ponied up when he was a sophomore in high school. Otherwise tough luck.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I could have bought my house for a lot cheaper in the 80’s when it was built but I didn’t know I would need it 35 years later….

What you fail to realize, or at least fail to admit that you realize, it’s not about money for most people. People’s situation can Shane drastically in 10 years. What if a guy who is 25 right now wanted season tickets? Guess he should have ponied up when he was a sophomore in high school. Otherwise tough luck.
So based on all those what if’s let’s just make it a 50,000 seat stadium!

17 it. It’s just money. We print it everyday!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
So based on all those what if’s let’s just make it a 50,000 seat stadium!

17 it. It’s just money. We print it everyday!
You’re a damn moron. You know that’s not what I’m saying. Not even remotely. You keep trying to act like someone that would be willing to pay now should have paid 10 years ago. And numerous people have told you in this thread that money was not the issue several years ago. You keep trying to make it about money and it’s not.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login