He's got my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I never understood people that voted for someone they don’t like just because of party, especially in a southern governor’s race. It’s not like the other candidate is going to be AOC.
You may want to check out Jon Bell Edwards the LA gov'ner. He is not AOC, but more liberal than you expect from a southern governor.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
When I see him in Jax State and Alcorn State swag, he's got my vote. I do love a panderer.

Anyway, John Bel's been a good, quiet effective governor of Louisiana. He's no liberal. He's center-left. He's just not conservative enough for the anti-vax super patriotic bald eagle-loving freedom lovers who buy gold and my pillows and listen to angry, dimwitted talk radio guys. He's an Airborne Ranger and likely has little future in the Dem Party because he's too conservative for them, especially on abortion.

Last edited:

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
I had a sales guy, from up North, try to impress me yesterday by telling me how much he loved the grove. Meeting ended quickly and I didn’t buy anything. I’m not voting for Tate either, mainly because I don’t live in MS.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
*mstateglfr incoming*
After reading all the hate for Tate on this board through the last 4 years, I am surprised there is any active support for him. I have no idea who he is running against, but after seeing how much Tate has been lit up on here, I would think almost any support for him is more 'passive hold your nose and vote' support vs active proud support.

Anyways, 50 can 50 today. I have my own problems up here where there are countless MFL single issue school board candidates who genuinely DGA17 about everything that goes into running a school district and only care about their MFL agenda, and a state Legislature that is all too willing to pander to the same group of crazy voters and push out even more education legislation that isnt fully thought out and creates countless unintended consequences.

Im with Podgy- lets see Reeves in some JSU swag or rocking a Fighting Okra on his chest. Crank up the pandering to 11.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I never understood people that voted for someone they don’t like just because of party, especially in a southern governor’s race. It’s not like the other candidate is going to be AOC.
Wrong, his funding came from Biden and the Democrats so he will do their bidding in Mississippi. We even received mailers from the Arkansas Democrats for this election. They are going all out in Mississippi.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Tater tot's gonna win easily 55-45ish.

Bigger question, what's up with his security guard in OM colors and the blue tents!

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Wrong, his funding came from Biden and the Democrats so he will do their bidding in Mississippi. We even received mailers from the Arkansas Democrats for this election. They are going all out in Mississippi.
I'd be very curious to see a picture of this mailer.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I guess technically Tater got funding from Democrats too. Isn’t that who funds welfare?

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Lots of important state elections get outside support. I'm guessing that a state Republican might not necessarily be beholden to outside interests but instead just supports policies that made him join the Republican Party in the first place. Otherwise, he'd be a Democrat. It's the Deep South so the legislature has a Republican majority that can block crazy, unpopular legislation. Or it should be able to but Republicans in Louisiana barely challenged John Bel on some issues. They did complain a lot though, which made for some good memes and insults that gave their supporters the opportunity to laugh and high five each other.

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
If a candidate fails on their first major political decision, which party do I run for, then how can you trust any other decision he/she makes?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I'd be very curious to see a picture of this mailer.
My wife and I received two each from some "Voter Fairness" organization in Fayetteville AR. Both were very derogatory to Reeves. My sister received them too. I would have gladly posted pictures if I hadn't sh*t canned them. Out of state interference at its finest.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
My late, super rich uncle gave to both sides in several elections unless the outcome was obvious. He was a conservative Dem when those types were the majority. He switched to being Republican late in life because that was good for business. He wasn't all that political. He liked making money and he was generous with it as well. He made money when Dems were in the state house and the White House and when Republicans were there too.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
After reading all the hate for Tate on this board through the last 4 years, I am surprised there is any active support for him. I have no idea who he is running against, but after seeing how much Tate has been lit up on here, I would think almost any support for him is more 'passive hold your nose and vote' support vs active proud support.

Anyways, 50 can 50 today. I have my own problems up here where there are countless MFL single issue school board candidates who genuinely DGA17 about everything that goes into running a school district and only care about their MFL agenda, and a state Legislature that is all too willing to pander to the same group of crazy voters and push out even more education legislation that isnt fully thought out and creates countless unintended consequences.

Im with Podgy- lets see Reeves in some JSU swag or rocking a Fighting Okra on his chest. Crank up the pandering to 11.
You can bet your bottom dollar that 50 will 50 today and every day after.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
4 of Reeves top 10 came from out of state. 5 of Presleys top 10 came from out of state.

12% of Reeves total donations came from out of state.
27% of Presleys total donations came from out of state

Reeves top donor was Mississippi Strong (part of the Republican Governors Association PAC)

Presleys top donor was the
Democratic Governors Association.

This info came from Mississippi Today.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
My wife and I received two each from some "Voter Fairness" organization in Fayetteville AR. Both were very derogatory to Reeves. My sister received them too. I would have gladly posted pictures if I hadn't sh*t canned them. Out of state interference at its finest.
Ok I was interpreting your original post as being from the Arkansas Democratic Party. This seems far more plausible.

Do you have similar problems when outside groups support candidates you like?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I will be holding my nose when I vote today. Hopefully, I can finish up before I pass out.
I’d vote for Tater Tot if he came across as an effective wrestling heel— someone who people love to dislike.

But he’s not even that good.

I want excellence in my political wrestling heels dammit.

An ol’ fashioned Democratic heel actually sounds good.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’d vote for Tater Tot if he came across as an effective wrestling heel— someone who people love to dislike.

But he’s not even that good.

I want excellence in my political wrestling heels dammit.

An ol’ fashioned Democratic heel actually sounds good.
Like Howard Dean.

Attachments

• IMG_5153.jpg
    IMG_5153.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
For the uninitiated, what is MFL?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I was just going to hold my nose and vote for Tate but since I heard the radio spot Trump did for him I'll need to hold my nose, wear a blindfold and ear plugs.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login