High school game final: 4-2

patdog

May 28, 2007
I remember way back in the day before the college shot clock. Duke and North Carolina. UNC ran the old 4-corners because Duke was the better team. Halftime score was 7-0 Duke. UNC held the ball for 12 minutes down 2-0 & Duke never came out of their 2-3 zone defense. Final was 47-40 Duke. Bob Boyd must have been proud.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I remember way back in the day before the college shot clock. Duke and North Carolina. UNC ran the old 4-corners because Duke was the better team. Halftime score was 7-0 Duke. UNC held the ball for 12 minutes down 2-0 & Duke never came out of their 2-3 zone defense. Final was 47-40 Duke. Bob Boyd must have been proud.
Was going to say, sounds like a Dean Smith coached game.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I watched us beat a ranked UK team, we were under Bob Boyd, running the Four Corners, my freshman year at State. Basketball used to have a lot of strategy involved, not so much now. To me the first SEC experiment with the shot clock got it right.....45 seconds. Time for real strategy, but no stall.

Reactions: patdog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I watched us beat a ranked UK team, we were under Bob Boyd, running the Four Corners, my freshman year at State. Basketball used to have a lot of strategy involved, not so much now. To me the first SEC experiment with the shot clock got it right.....45 seconds. Time for real strategy, but no stall.
To amplify, we absolutely wet NOT good.

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
The Danvers would give you a free sandwich if state scored more than 50 points and won the game. They only had to pay out once or twice with Coach Boyd.

• Haha

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think a 35-second shot clock and an NBA 3-point line is the sweet spot for college basketball.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I think a 35-second shot clock and an NBA 3-point line is the sweet spot for college basketball.
Good God man, you see how bad we shoot 3’s and you want to make it harder? You are a sick person***

• Haha
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login